Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Giovanni Chronicles in new light (for V5?)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giovanni Chronicles in new light (for V5?)

So, I'm going to storytell the Giovanni Chronicles, starting at Part 1: the Last Supper as intended, with some timely, characters and scene changes as to better fit the V5 system (in which I'l run it) and my tastes and my player's. I've been studying this chronicle for years now, and been getting tips in forums and posts too. But most major changes are my own.
    One thing that always bothered me was why the hell the Conspirators had to be perfectly 13 (I mean, what are the odds of a conspiracy have one dude or gal of each clan), specially if the players according to the book choose their own clan before the game starts.
    Secondly, I don't see why none of them would be part of this except to show how evil and despicable they are, but they are putting themselves in deep danger here, and so I've given each one reasons to either want to help Claudius Giovanni (or the Giovanni as a whole), flush out the Cappadocians (either as an entire clan or simply from the region), or get in the way of Hardestadt and other Founders. So it makes sense they are in a conspiracy.

An important point is that my players liked the idea that since they start as mortals and are Embraced by a vampire in a rich guy's supper it is not the player that chooses the person (and so the Clan) that Embraces them, but the person who they interest most at the event. Although I didn't put every clan at the party, and made a pool of Clans they would be interested in playing as (3 for each player), so we would see around 6 to 9 clans, but not all 13, although the number of conspirator could be thirteen still. And so, they could interest a Tremere or Toreador, or maybe a Lasombra, or maybe a Brujah, and it will depend of the conspirators personalities and the PCs display at the party.
    Something else... all the Conspirator, but Claudius, are of 6th generation, which would make all PCs 7th generation (min. Blood Potency 3 and max. 7, according to V5 rules), and since I intend to use the new Blood Potency Table that came in the Vampire Companion, this would make the Clan Banes a bit too strong for starting character for my taste. So I was thinking to either make the conspirators generation higher (7th or 8th), but I though that it could also be that most conspirator brought with them a childer to the conspiracy, and so, we get two degrees of generation lower if needed be. I think the PCs starting at 8th or 9th generation (min. BP 2, max. BP 6/5) is more tranquil for the start of the game.

Strange... When coincidence seems too convenient, I prefer to call it fate.

-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain d=

I've been slowly studying V5 Chronicles for some weeks, as to better see how the systems mechanics are well incorporated in a chronicle. Cuz one of the problems with Giovanni Chronicles for me is a bit of the detachment of PCs to the story, it sometimes feel like they do too little. Putting some moral quandaries, choice and consequences that are well rewarded and 'knife twisted' (as Fall of London puts it), hunting scenes, actual chance to change opinions and steer the plot (at least a little) with the big bad vampires. Obviously, for my sake and the system's I'm making all Attributes and Skills max at 5, I never liked seeing those dudes having 7 or 8 number in those things, and truckloads of disciplines and backgrounds. It's a simple matter, and I think V5 chronicles showed me that elders can be pretty strong and awesome and impervious and all that but still be tangible, otherwise PCs are just ping-pong balls flying to one side and back again and again by the wants of big characters and that's no fun. I mean, sure, it's the 'intent of the setting/chronicle' for the elders to be unmatchable and awesome sure, but my players and I don't like it that way, and I want to give them a chance to have some say or choice in the matter. Not that Hardestadt or Clauidus or even Cappadocius will be listening with much interest instead of ignoring or smacking the PCs if they are insolent or too much daring.
    I also want to make the players like their characters and explore them a bit more, and will be extending the Last Supper a bit more.

First, the so called Last Supper will occur one night after the PCs arrive at Claudius manor (so they will stay two days, starting at the evening of the first day and ending at the second night), giving the players time to talk, be explored, be creeped out by screams at night or the dungeons in their stay, talk to other guests, flesh out their characters before the Embrace and all that. Then there will be the party and speech, clan/sires vignettes, and all that. Although they won't be as harrowing as the ones in the book that are sometimes just too mean, some just want to make the mortals humors and Blood Resonance more to their taste and discover about their next big dish (although some might consider their food interesting enough to enthrall as a retainer, even if they will Embrace them in a hurry and leave them behind for their unlives as the book intends).

Second changes, the PCs are from or taken to Clauidus manor from the town of Târgu Mureș, when they are found by the Founders, the castle to which the PCs are taken to by Hardestadt is Castle Poenari (held by Vlad II Dracul, the Ventrues allie or retainer in the region), and there, the 16 year old future Vlad Tepes, very inquisitively sneaks up to the cell of the PCs to ask for questions on vampirism (which his father don't talk or knows much), which could be a fun and interesting conversation and easter egg. But this Dracula idea I took from a guys post on a forum about mixing elements from Transylvania and Giovanni Chronicles which sounded very good. After the PCs are sent by the Founders, they would be able to stop at Târgu Mureș once again to find possible Touchstones (or get in touch with ones they already have), maybe pull some resources and contacts if wanted, and see if they will or not follow the Masquerade mentioned by Rafael de Corazon. There could also be some fun stuff there too, besides a small mission given by the Founders to either prove their worth or as a boon for letting them go. When the PCs then go to the town with the inn the game intends, they will find plenty of options to side with their sires, the conspiracy, sellout, plan ahead, discover interesting bits of info and all that. Offers will be made, and they might as well try to play both sides and see who gives more too. Marianna (who is Embraced by Claudius) might show up later, and exchange points of view or infos, her being pretty upset and scared if the PCs sided with the Conspiracy, but either way she will declare her intension to flee the region and be escape from her master.

Comment

Since the rewrite of the Conspirator characters, giving each a reason to participate and perhaps a little bit of depth, instead of just being jerks (like, really, read the description of any of them and their Vignettes, they are like unredeemable pieces of shyster. So now, most of them are still jerks, ambitious, high and mighty, and powerful, but play along, give a little more credit, feel more real and don't ask you to squish a cat or jump off a window before drinking you up because they are evil doers with twirling moustaches.
      -Claudius Giovanni remains mostly the same, but treats well those who serve him well (Lothar was already an example), despises the weak and squirming, respects the strong-willed and hearted and love to make a spectacle or show of things (not necessarily because he is Italian lol, but because he showed this as he is in the chronicle and would be fun to make it more showy).
      -̶C̶l̶a̶u̶d̶i̶u̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶a̶c̶c̶o̶m̶p̶a̶n̶i̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶e̶ ̶A̶m̶b̶r̶o̶g̶i̶n̶o̶,̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶l̶o̶t̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶m̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶t̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶u̶c̶k̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶u̶p̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶N̶e̶c̶r̶o̶m̶a̶n̶t̶i̶c̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶(̶O̶b̶l̶i̶v̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶V̶5̶)̶,̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶d̶i̶r̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶t̶t̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶e̶r̶c̶e̶.̶ ̶H̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶r̶o̶u̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶a̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶e̶a̶r̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶A̶u̶g̶u̶s̶t̶u̶s̶ ̶G̶i̶o̶v̶a̶n̶n̶i̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶.̶
      -Jadviga is still a power hungry Ventrue, and is working in this big plan (of inspiring and helping Claudius to take down Japhet) to make a big show to her elders and grow further in reputation and power. She respects the ability to wield and use power, to command respect and service with pure authority and presence.
      -Lord Leopold Valdemar is in name of the Lasombra, and is here to help Claudius destroy the Cappadocians because his clan found out that the Graverobbers are learning to use and explore the "Tenebration" powers of the Oblivion discipline, and discovering the Abyss, which is a big no-no for the Lasombra (who want exclusivity to the powers and knowledge), so he will help the Giovanni until de Cappadocians are gone and their lore burned.
      -Lady Dimitria (the Gangrel) actually is very different from the book. First, she looks like the Gangrel example character from Vampire Dark Ages 20th anniversary. Second, she isn't as savage and mindlessly beastial. She is a violent and furious woman, but she is very serious, for she's out for revenge. The Cappadocians, in one of their experiments, ended up killing and entire village, where lived her Touchstone (in medieval times maybe i would call them Soulguides or something), and possible lover or mortal granddaughter or somethin. She acts tough, disinterested and reclusive but she still feels guilt for unnecessary killings and cruelty.
      -Lord Casmir actually isn't a Tremere, but a Cappadocian traitor, who wants the forbidden knowledge and black magic that the clan keeps away hidden. He is a kinky and strange man, that sees magic as a very pleasurable thing, a bit too sexually, specially necromancy, which makes him very weird and deviant. He want to help the Giovanni because he got a deal that would be able to get what he could carry and be freed from both clans, without fear of persecutions. He likes what is counterculture, different, taboo and esoteric.
      -Marchettus, the Brujah fighter is a loudmouth with a short temper and a great love for fights, emotion and defiance. He is half-mad, impetuous and loves to provoke all around him. But he is also a tough SOB, and he kind hates the Cappadocians for just sitting around and doing absolutely nothing to help or hinder no one, but this is a bad excuse. He actually want to stay on the other side of the field against Hardestadt, that he considers the most fun opponent he ever had. He wants a good fight and nobody want to depend on him, but he got brawn to spare and know how to inspire those under him to fight.
      -Matron Violetta isn't much different, but she values sincerity and openness above all else (funny for a Nosferatu), no matter how wretched and disgusting you are inside, she wants people to show it. She loves juicy secrets tough, and loves her clan, and the Cappadocians have been siting at the side of the High Clans for far too long. With them out of the picture, her clan will have a great leverage as the underhanded rogues, seneschals, counsellors, stewards and spies for ruling clans. For her, its business.
      -Lord Wenceslas is disgusting old man richly well dressed as usual, but he absolutely loves feisty people, with strong will, open heart and soul, simple and "pure". This ends up with him liking children a lot, not in a good way, but not sexually either. He still thinks playing an instrument or painting while in pain is a great showing of sincerity and passion, but he isn't sadistic for the sake of it. He dislikes the Cappadocinas because they "stole" from him a batch of young boys that would serve in his castle, some of them would be kept as ghouls and others would be groomed for the Embrace, but the kids were sent to a monastery by the under dealings of Cappadocians.
      -̶T̶h̶e̶ ̶R̶a̶v̶n̶o̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶s̶p̶i̶r̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶(̶w̶h̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶ ̶b̶i̶t̶)̶ ̶d̶r̶e̶s̶s̶e̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶v̶i̶s̶h̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶g̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶a̶p̶t̶a̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶l̶a̶r̶g̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶o̶t̶h̶e̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶l̶o̶t̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶j̶e̶w̶e̶l̶r̶y̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶R̶o̶m̶a̶n̶i̶.̶ ̶H̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶r̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶r̶t̶i̶f̶a̶c̶t̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶,̶ ̶a̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶ ̶C̶a̶p̶p̶a̶d̶o̶c̶i̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶e̶f̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶l̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶g̶r̶o̶u̶p̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶e̶m̶o̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶r̶e̶m̶e̶s̶,̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶n̶d̶e̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶e̶m̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶e̶n̶j̶o̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶r̶a̶m̶a̶,̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶s̶p̶e̶c̶t̶a̶c̶l̶e̶.̶ ̶
      -̶T̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶T̶z̶i̶m̶i̶s̶c̶e̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶m̶u̶c̶h̶ ̶d̶i̶f̶f̶e̶r̶e̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶f̶l̶e̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶s̶p̶i̶r̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶r̶a̶c̶t̶e̶r̶s̶.̶ ̶1̶3̶ ̶W̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶y̶.̶ ̶T̶h̶e̶ m̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶m̶p̶o̶r̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶i̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶P̶C̶s̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶C̶l̶a̶u̶d̶i̶u̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶r̶s̶e̶.̶
      Last edited by Banu_Saulot; 01-26-2021, 12:49 AM. Reason: I changed my mind on a few things; 8 Conspirators is enough (10 or more is too many, specially for a Conspiration). Some of the might have the clan swapped if needed be, but this selection is fine by

Comment

Now, for the Founders is a bit easier, and most of them don't have to intervene directly in the chronicle, but can be interested to by the PCs, or even be an opportunity for them to have a new adopted childe who will prove useful in the future.
        -Herdestadt is the same as always, but he has something of a banter relationship with Rafael, who consider him an interesting man to follow, specially while their interested coincide. The Ventrue also values self-made soldiers and obedience by respect and not cowardice. The Camarilla for him is a place for Order.
        -Adana de Sforza is a provoker who likes to play devils advocate just to make others think a bit more widely, but believes in controlled change. Under the provocateur image, she wants to find out if Carthage can be truly reproduced, or if it was a fever fantasy. For her, Camarilla is a place to Idealize.
        -Milov Petrenkov is a classical dog eat dog believer, thinking that everything has its place in a natural order (vampires as stalking wolfs in sheeps clothes to survive among the true sheeps that are humans, and the Anarchs as defiers, as there always are, who must be put down to not compromise the rest of the Kindred), even if it is suppose to fall one day or ever try to put the current power down, it's a revolving wheel, and you gotta know where you are at. Although he doesn't act like it, he is full of doubt, and has this strict view because he himself is losing to the Beast. For him, Camarilla is a place for (Re)Evolution.
        -Camilla Banes is a full-on oracle believer with strong belief. She is a perfectionist and think everything must achieve balance or else will bring about disaster and incredible suffering for some and great abatement for others (a very unjust destiny). She acts a bit erratically because when she think she's being to kind she goes to the opposite of that, as to balance her humors, which is a maddening affair. She is a true believer of Christ, and think his life is a perfect example of balance: he gave out so much love and wise words, just to suffer great pain and be a victim of ignorance, and as he died and Redeemed humanity, he counter-balanced the First Sin; which is the paramount example for her. For her, the sect is a place of Equilibrium.
        -Josef von Bauren didn't change much, he hates wasting any type of resource (in part for kindness, in other for efficiency), he is very patient and weights every word. He believes almost with paranoia and fear that without the sect, all vampires will fall one by one until all of them are burned by the mortals. He thinks this plan will only work with every clan and vamp taking part in it, and he knows is kinda impossible. He wants to help the Cappadocians but his clan thinks with the Graverobbers gone it will open more space for them to act at the side of the Ventrue and Toreador (and they aren't wrong). He thinks the Camarilla is a place for Security.
        -Rafael de Corazón is the very same jerk, but he bases his manipulation with the creed that the most efficient way of life and creation is the illusion of freedom and creativity, which are underneath it all controlled by invisible powers that truly permit these lives to be free from real threats, for him, fear and uncontrolled freedom breeds chaos and random destruction. His veneers of greatness, charm and beauty only hides his inaptness to be a maker (an artist) only a director (a controller). For him the Camarilla is a place for guided Efficiency.
        -Madam Fanchon is a cunning fox who obsesses over control to make what one's heart truly desires without impediment or judgment. She loves to play the talking game, charming and easing the grounds before dropping hard bargains and offers, that when negotiated and reduced will reach the exact measure she wanted; a mastermind and a manipulator. She is and feels like the perfect fit for her job as representative of Clan Tremere. For her, the Camarilla is a place for Control.

Comment

So, till now the sequence goes as the PCs arrive at the Red Lamb inn, meet the people there, then comes Lothar and talks ominously, snaps at Brother Clement and tells Roderigo to help the guests pack their bags on the carriages, while he himself goes first by horse to the Giovanni manor (things to prepare and all that, after seeing that all the guests had arrived). Same all same all, they arrive, are greeted by the hosts (with Claudius being a really showman with the pleasantries, almost as if he wanted to play along the charade and make the best out of it for fun). He states that they've already dined but the dinner is being made for the newly arrived so there's talk (no Harrowing yet), and when the delicious food arrives and the guests eat, the hosts stay behind to whisper and laugh (about the impressions they got). After that all PCs and company are taken to their bedrooms for sleep, you bet your ass there is nightmares and at least one scream in the middle of the night (the sentinels don't let anyone get down of course). Then the next day, there's breakfast (no sign of the hosts) and Lothar says he's at their disposal, letting it clear that they can use the staff as they will, drink, use the dinning hall, bedrooms, rooftop, library and chapel of the manor for the time being (the hosts are hunting, he says).
          Now, this opens up for the PCs to explore (most NPCs will be at the hall, one at the library and another one at the bedroom) and find out more, or search leisure.
          -At the hall hey can talk with Lothar, staff (which they may notice will be one person short), even if they are quiet and afraid of the steward, discuss with others guests at peace when Lothar leaves, or make a roll to recall that around these regions there ain't no game for hunting like deer and such (in real life it might, or not, but in this chronicle it doesn't), so hosts out for hunting is a ruse. The guests might get a bit more optimistic or tense depending of what the PC say, but either way, one of the others is getting overly drunk and leaving one of the staff clearly uncomfortable with touching and fondling (which Lothar, if has seen it, think the guests should have the fun they want at the staff's expense). PCs might try to tell the drunk off, be it to get a little sympathy from the staff or because they don't want to stand and watch it.
          -At the library there is a long chest (that would be stupid to try and open, but there's some necromancy texts inside, that might be searched later if looked for), besides a really good collection of documents and books. There is also a globe (with yet erroneous placement of continents and lads as we know it) and a map of the region displayed. They might find out something about the Giovanni family, study some piece of information, notice there isn't any bible, or try to find more about Claudius from his tastes. Marianna may be found in here, looking in wonderment at all the shelves and library paraphernalia, but (even if ashamed of it) she doesn't know how to read. The PC may have a tender or fun moment with their future partner in crime.
          -At the bedroom, if quiet and sneaky, you can hear one of the guests with one of the staff at the bedroom in a privacy moment, at which the staff member says that afraid as he is, they should run for it, leaving this evil place, the guest might concede to the fear or dismiss it (after all, the reception has been luxurious). Otherwise, PCs may have privacy in their own rooms.
          -One can go to the cellar to search for wine, finding by smell that one or more of the wine isn't actually wine (!!!), and if they have a good eye they might see that there is signs of a secret passage with ground markings and a loose piece of wall adornment that behind it has a chain (that if pushed can open the passage, but only if you have Potence, because it is almost you entirely that is pulling the hinged wall), either way, Lothar comes down asking what's going on. I will move to another scene and say that the PC and Lothar came back from the cellar (and if questioned or if the player tries to say there is a passage, I will inform him that he doesn't remember any of that, and don't know why; but the truth is Lothar used Cloud Memory on the poor sod (making a PC feel what it is like to be memory snapped before they themselves access such powers).
          -In the chapel, one can pray and have peace, but any religious person that pays attention will see that a chaplain hasn't tented to this place in years. Also, one can, if by chance or perceptiveness that a little rosary is on the floor, with the letters DA (unknowingly from Dimitria) and little droplet of blood. In the future they might conclude or have a moment to talk to her, and she might reveal that this rosary was given by her lover (or mortal granddaughter, haven't decided) before death took her, and that she was sort of talking to her at the chapel when all of a sudden the other hosts arrived and spooked her (something she isn't used to, never) and she must have dropped it, and didn't want to show weakness to the others. She might open up or not depending on the character and the moment it occurs.
          -At the rooftop one has plenty of open space, but can't reach the parapets at the sides and front of the manor (guards don't let them), only a big open balcony space at the back. There they can breath one last air and see the sun. There is also vultures flying over (and those that know more about animals may deduce that there is definitely fresh blood somewhere, something dead), and if one has keen senses or intellect may find a really small piece of cloth stuck between the stones of the battlement, and a close finds dry and scrubbed reddish droplets around (the scream from yesterday). Beyond the balcony there is only a big nothing, meters and meters of fall from where the manor stands to an almost imperceptible river deep down.

After all PCs had plenty of scenes and interactions, and the sun begins to set, Lothar calls all guests to the hall, to wait for the "return" of the hosts.
          I think all this finding might become bonus dice for social duels later (when they to break the PCs spirits), to impress patrons at the harrowing, or just XP that will be divided by 2 or 3. Just so that all the inquisitive searches aren't for naught, the character did learn something after all. But the point is that there shall be benefit besides "yes, this place is no good". Maybe I can work something out that gives the PCs a little information edge to the Founders or Conspirators from exploring the place, but for now I ain't got nothing interesting.

The hosts will "arrive" from the hall front door (but there is so many side corridors, entrances and doors that it's easy to fool people), with Giovanni making remarks about the guests, hoping they had a swell time. Smartass characters may ask about the hunt (that there isn't game around) and all that, which he will be amused but dodge at the end saying that he had brought the game from some other place and freed it to hunt for pure sport or some excuse. The hosts will begin to round the characters and the Harrowing will begin.

Comment

Working...
          X