Drowned Legacies lore?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drowned Legacies lore?

What is some good Drowned Legacies lore? Is it known if there is any plans to bringing it to V5 or how could I adapt it to V5 for my own chronical?

The current primary source for the Drowned Legacies is Beckett's Jyhad Diary. V5 sourcebooks have mentioned them or alluded to them (e.g. Cults of the Blood Gods), but nothing in-depth as yet.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

I can’t wait for some actual lore, but so far BJD and Cults of the Blood Gods are the only places I’ve seen them mentioned.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

They're raised as a possibility for what Nerissa Blackwater might be in V5 Chicago.

Scion 2E: What We Know - A wiki compiling info on second edition Scion.

Comment

Right! I totally forgot about her. And the Ancestor (her Sire).

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her.

Comment

I'll be curious to see how long it is before the Legacies are given their own narrative voice. As presented in BJD, seen only from the perspective of a European point of view character, they're not much more than a "here be dragons" phenomenon to show where in the world the Kindred's influence ends. It would be a waste of potential, among other problems, to just repeat the scary race peril tropes that came with the Kuei-Jin.

Comment

Originally posted by Reasor View Post
              I'll be curious to see how long it is before the Legacies are given their own narrative voice. As presented in BJD, seen only from the perspective of a European point of view character, they're not much more than a "here be dragons" phenomenon to show where in the world the Kindred's influence ends. It would be a waste of potential, among other problems, to just repeat the scary race peril tropes that came with the Kuei-Jin.
              Totally agree

Comment

No idea. Though if you wanted to try making your own, you could probably start with the idea of the Tlacique as beings originating from the ancient city of Teotihuacan, being organized during Aztec times into several Houses, each devoted to a specific god they claim as their ancestor. While they'd be mechanically similar to Kindred, their Houses would be based on X number of gods and probably only bear thematic similarities to existing Clans in instances where broad cultural archetypes tend to overlap.

Then move down to the Andes with the Sepoy, who serve the lords of the Incan underworld (Ukhu Pacha), many of them originally dwelling in caves and mines. They may actually feed on body fat rather than blood.

And back north with the Algonquin Chenoo, hulking brutes who feed on human flesh and have frozen hearts. The older and more powerful (and hungrier) they become, the larger they become.

And the Cherokee Nun'Unu'Wi, who have impenetrable skin, mind control and magic powers, and prefer to feed by eating human livers.

At least those are some possible ideas.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
                Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

The Tlacique already exist in WoD as a Setite bloodline but you could always retcon them as a Drowned Legacy.

Comment

Well, the Setites like to believe they are an offshoot. It seems to be a constant in the WoD that supernaturals think everything revolves around them. Which doesn't always make it so.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.

Comment

Oh ok. So it’s not a definite then. That makes retconning them to be a Drowned Legacy even easier.

Comment

Originally posted by Penelope View Post
                        The Tlacique already exist in WoD as a Setite bloodline but you could always retcon them as a Drowned Legacy.
                        CotBG also refers to them:
                        "Boa constrictors are native to the Americas, with Ministers identifying as members of the Tlacique — a vampire cult focused on Aztec mythology — commonly taking constrictor form using the Discipline of Protean."
                        Without the context of previous editions, this could mean that some Tlacique are Ministers and some aren't, which would be to say that it isn't a bloodline.

Comment

Just to clarify, the Drowned Legacies are South American, not Mesoamerican and “The Chaos Factor” pretty well established Shaitan/Nergal/Huītzilōpōchtli and his brood as have been playing the roles of Mesoamerican divinities for multiple millennia.

Similarly, the Tlacique are also Mesoamerican/Aztec not South American, so probably not part of the Drowned Legacies (or if they are, they’re either a distant offshoot or northernmost branch).

Basically, the Drowned Legacies would be more likely connected to Incan beliefs/divinities than to Aztec or Mayan ones.

Comment

Well, I would really like a book of V5 like Forgotten Legacies or Lost Blood, or even Dead History, that explored the niche, border of the metaplot and canon beings of the vampire setting.
                            I want to see the Drowned Legacies, the Laibon and the Wan Kuei (I like them, and think it's a nice idea that they aren't like the Cainites, and think a modern and more simple and direct approach should be made, and could be grand) in the light of the 5th edition. Even if they would be more like reworking the already established mechanics and systems instead of new ones. And even if it is just lorewise I would like it.
                            But V5 is being quite conservative with its canon and the "other" habitants of the World of Darkness, so I wont hold my breath.

Strange... When coincidence seems too convenient, I prefer to call it fate.

-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain d=

Comment

Originally posted by Chris24601 View Post
                              Just to clarify, the Drowned Legacies are South American, not Mesoamerican and “The Chaos Factor” pretty well established Shaitan/Nergal/Huītzilōpōchtli and his brood as have been playing the roles of Mesoamerican divinities for multiple millennia.
                              Just to clarify, first edition Mage books say a lot of goofy stuff.

Just to clarify.

Comment

Working...
                              X