New Blood Magic Book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Blood Magic Book

I hope there is a new book on blood magic for V5. I imagine something similar to Cults of the Blood Gods, but with a focus on Tzimisce kuldon, Bani Haqim sorcerers, Tremere factions, and so on.

Yes, bring back that V20 and revised magic bloat

Comment

There's enough material out there on blood magic already, IMO. I'll probably buy it if they write it, but I'd rather see a new book cover newer ground.

Blood and Bourbon, my New Orleans-based Vampire chronicle.

Comment

Originally posted by False Epiphany View Post
        There's enough material out there on blood magic already, IMO. I'll probably buy it if they write it, but I'd rather see a new book cover newer ground.

So No Sabbat book? They've already done 2 of those.... No clan books? Given the Parcity of base information we have for v5 asking for new stuff seems silly.

Comment

Originally posted by Lian View Post

So No Sabbat book? They've already done 2 of those.... No clan books? Given the Parcity of base information we have for v5 asking for new stuff seems silly.
          Read the posters first sentence very slowly.

Comment

I'm thinking of something that explores the social role of blood magic and blood users more than a list of spells levels 1 - 9. Cults spent more time on the cults than new powers,by way of comparison. I want to know more about the users and creators of blood magic among the Tremere factions, the Fiends, the Banu Haqim, and so on.

Comment

I see and agree with what Grumpy wants and raise it with rules to magic magical items like the ones we get in various loresheet choices and can find in certain adventures proudced by earlier ww products

This space for rent.

Comment

I would love to see one! But I doubt it. I am not happy with the way they handled it, but they seem committed to the current version. I would probably buy it just for the fluff, art and any Tremere bits. Mechanically I have given up - lets play something else and leave magic to pure storyteller imagination/fiat.

Comment

V5 is extremely lacking on blood magic compared to previous editions, but the line takes it time for the release of each sourcebook. I'm looking forward for such book.

- Saga

Comment

Yeah.

I wouldn't like to see magic bloat like in the past, but V5 version of blood magic it's different enough that a - single- good book diving into its particulars could be neat

Comment

The way they have handled new powers until now is to introduce a few with every new book they release so that people (read: players, who outnumber storytellers...) have an incentive to buy the new stuff besides the background info.
                      That said I support the idea of a dedicated book but I’d like it t include new powers not only for Blood Magic but also for disciplines. The V5 “open system” has a lot of potential and can reduce bloat (no more “each bloodline has its own signature discipline”) but it needs to be effectively implemented giving players and ST different powers to make vampires as diverse as possible. We also need more amalgam and “elder powers”. The V5 system can easily implement them but the publisher needs to start supporting the concept

Comment

It wouldn’t;t be my priority right now.

I think they have said there will be a Sabbat book in the pipeline, which would be a good opportunity to consolidate some of the remaining Clans into a published book (could the Ravnos join the new Sabbat), and I would really like to see a Second Inquisition book.

For me, there is a fair amount of blood magic in the game as it stands, and the more interesting development lay in the religious information for in Cults of the Blood Gods than big spell lists.

Comment

I imagine nuances like being a Koldun or Wangateur could be handled with Loresheets rather than with new lists of powers. That wouldn't be the worst way to do it and would fit with how it was done for Paths in Cults of the Blood Gods.

Comment

V5 blood magic isn't. It's just another discipline with some rituals attached. All the metaphysical, philosophical wonders of blood magic have been gutted both deliberately and systematically. The rollplaying aspect of magic has been slain, just as the mechanics are gone (and the Tremere blown up and fractured)

/melodrama (but the truth)

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                            There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                              V5 blood magic isn't. It's just another discipline with some rituals attached. All the metaphysical, philosophical wonders of blood magic have been gutted both deliberately and systematically. The rollplaying aspect of magic has been slain, just as the mechanics are gone (and the Tremere blown up and fractured)

/melodrama (but the truth)

Just a question After reading the Core revised and Core V20 I see no difference between "the metaphysical, philosophical wonders of blood magic" from what v5 is saying in their core.

Not insulting you, I am just at a loss what you mean is the difference between how to discipline is described that would be gutted.

If you mean all the lore from the Revised books and v20 books about magic and stuff, they came in additional books after the core. So technically, v5 offers the same level s v.rev and v20 did. V20 has just had some 20 years of extra book to add fluff.

When V:Revised was released and later got 2 new books on bloodmagic that enhanced the experience fluff and lore about it it was really cool. Then V20 comes along and suddenly we lose all that extra fluff and metaphysical philosophy that was described in the two extra books.

It was not until later that V20 got their own fluff books about blood magic that it too got their metaphysical fluff. And enhanced the RP aspect of it.

Now comes V5 and restarts the discipline. Just like V.Rev and V20 did in their core books. Maybe in the future we will get a Blood Sorcery book.

So what's the deal?

There is no difference in how it is explained in the various core apart from V5 letting in share powers with Quietus, which to be honest was a rather boring disciplines (like most 1-clan disciplines) in my eyes

This space for rent.

Comment

Working...
                              X