No announcement yet.

Can you become Blood Bonded in soup?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

By the rules, the blood that makes a blood bond comes from the tap and loses its powers in seconds if not consumed (pg. 234). With that consideration it wouldn't be viable from kitchen to table. So on the face, the plan won't work as per the rules. While it's an unusual idea, it's not too terrible. I think that vampires would be able to pick out the flavor of vampire vitae in whatever they was put before them, though I would think that any vampire drinking blood soup would need Heightened Senses or the Bloodhound advantage.

Earlier editions had a ritual called Engaging the Vessel of Transference (V20, pg. 231). There's a Storyteller's Vault book called Rose City by Night that has a skill that preserves vitae and its bonding properties (Rose City by Night, pg. 86). Either of these are are a solution. You'd need to convert either to 5th edition, but you could use the ritual on the bowl. Of course, you'd need to put the bowl on a plate and make sure that the server doesn't touch the bowl. The better solution might be to use that skill from the Storyteller's Vault book. That way the chef could incorporate the vitae into the soup and use enough ingredients that he might be able to disguise the presence entirely.

I think that the novelty of eating blood soup would wear off after the first go. Vampires as social predators are practical and there's not a lot of feeding going on there. It's a good idea, though, but not without some work. Adding the ritual might not be so bad, but adding the skill from the Storyteller's Vault book might disrupt the game down the road, so that's a consideration to think about.

Comment

Originally posted by dicemauler View Post
      I think that the novelty of eating blood soup would wear off after the first go. Vampires as social predators are practical and there's not a lot of feeding going on there.
      I can easily see a vampire society going the whole blood cuisine route, kind of like that one episode of True Blood where they are serving blood in courses from people who been fed oranges for a month. I can see a variety of glass ware, rather than bowls or dishes being used for this. Sadly I am the sort of ST who would have the dining scene require the players navigate the differences between a lettuce wedge server and a tomato server.... but don't get me started on the ice tongs, sugar tongs, and olive tongs debates.

There is also the fact that "blood" foods have a long tradition in human cooking, blood sausage, blood soup, blood pudding. So there is the fact that some vampires might make recipes like this for their mortal minions as a way to maintain a connection to their mortal days, alternatively if you are known making blood dishes like Melas Zomos, no one is going to question why you have blood in your fridge.

Comment

Working...
      X