On the subject of the Second Inquisition & the masqurade

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
    * The Ash cult of BLOOD CULTS indicates that young tech billionaires are finding Thin Bloods a much more agreeable form of undeath. Which could really change the power balance.
    Sounds really stupid. Aren't Thin Bloods supposed to be a 1/10 successful embrace? Especially for Daywalkers who are supposed to be 15th and 16th generations so embraced by another Thin Blood: ergo statistically suicide.

Plus I can't see any upside for being Thin Blooded compared to being a Ghoul. You are just as fragile with all the bagage of being one of the damned. (like having a beast)

Seems smarter to actually farm Thin Bloods since most of them can't blood bond. Yes it only works daily but it's a nice and safe supplement while hunting for better blood.

Comment

* The Ash cult of BLOOD CULTS indicates that young tech billionaires are finding Thin Bloods a much more agreeable form of undeath. Which could really change the power balance.
      Sounds really stupid. Aren't Thin Bloods supposed to be a 1/10 successful embrace? Especially for Daywalkers who are supposed to be 15th and 16th generations so embraced by another Thin Blood: ergo statistically suicide.

Plus I can't see any upside for being Thin Blooded compared to being a Ghoul. You are just as fragile with all the bagage of being one of the damned. (like having a beast)

Seems smarter to actually farm Thin Bloods since most of them can't blood bond. Yes it only works daily but it's a nice and safe supplement while hunting for better blood.

Comment

• Pre V5 at least, 14th isn't nearly as bad as 1/10 (but is at most half successful) and 15th is... still not as bad as 1/10th successsful. 16th gens are births, not embraces, and are more ghoul than vampire.

In V5, being a thin blood is an absolute disaster because you don't get powers outside of BS potion making but you can still only subside on blood. Thin bloods can't make ghouls in any edition.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
        There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
          Pre V5 at least, 14th isn't nearly as bad as 1/10 (but is at most half successful) and 15th is... still not as bad as 1/10th successsful. 16th gens are births, not embraces, and are more ghoul than vampire.

In V5, being a thin blood is an absolute disaster because you don't get powers outside of BS potion making but you can still only subside on blood. Thin bloods can't make ghouls in any edition.
          Even the thin bloods who have sunlight resistance take agrivated damage when exposed to direct sunlight, they can only go out on cloudy days. Also thinblood offspring are weaker than Revenants, unless V5 makes Dhamphirs stronger. I always wonderer what happened when a thinblood impregnated another thinblood? Would the resulting Dhamphirs be stronger than Dhamphirs with one dusk parent and one human parent?

Comment

• Originally posted by Morbus View Post

Sounds really stupid. Aren't Thin Bloods supposed to be a 1/10 successful embrace?
            There's absolutely no sign of that from the way its presented in terms of fractions. It seems every 13th generation vampire is able to make them but 14th and 15th and 16th have difficulty doing it.

Also, Thin Bloods are a HUGE rising number, which can't happen if that's remotely the fraction.

Originally posted by AscentionTheMage View Post

Even the thin bloods who have sunlight resistance take agrivated damage when exposed to direct sunlight, they can only go out on cloudy days. Also thinblood offspring are weaker than Revenants, unless V5 makes Dhamphirs stronger. I always wonderer what happened when a thinblood impregnated another thinblood? Would the resulting Dhamphirs be stronger than Dhamphirs with one dusk parent and one human parent?
            All of which I, myself, would take in exchange for:

* Being awake during the day
            * Being permanently "Blush of Life" and effectively alive
            * Being able to eat food
            * Able to survive on Blood that would make most vampires sick.
            * Immortality
            Last edited by CTPhipps; 03-27-2021, 06:54 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

There's absolutely no sign of that from the way its presented in terms of fractions. It seems every 13th generation vampire is able to make them but 14th and 15th and 16th have difficulty doing it.
              An interesting headcanon but I'll need some sources on 13th generation being all able to make thin bloods. As far as I know they can also (very rarely) make non thin blooded 14th generation or just botch the embrace. Embracing a thin blood is never a certainty, my odds are maybe off but the random factor is still cannon. So my point stands.

Also, Thin Bloods are a HUGE rising number, which can't happen if that's remotely the fraction.
              Why not? You just need to adjust the bodycount accordingly. If Thin Bloods are so huge in V5, I'd assume they would have adressed that issue. Because the reason why they are so few in V:TM is directly related to the fact that embracing one is by no means a certainty.

And also them being so weak that any random human being can do God's work with a firearm.

Or let the Sun do it. Because yes, not all thinbloods are immune to sunrays. It just take more seconds for them to be down.

And I have not even touched on how "young tech billionaire" knows about vampirism and the different forms it can take. But since we are talking about V5, I will adjust my expectation accordingly and let this slide.
              Last edited by Morbus; 03-28-2021, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X