Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardsuit Labs no longer leading Bloodlines 2 Development

https://www.reddit.com/r/vtmb/commen...m_source=share

Well, here's a piece of news. it seems HardSuit Labs is no longer the lead developing studio for Bloodlines 2, *and* the release date for 2021 is prrrrobably gone out the window.

On the one hand I can see the positive in this, given certain weird decisions and controversies before - and it overall being an indicator that the game won't be rushed.
    On the other hand....jeez. How much can go wrong with a single game?

cWoD Dice Probability Chart ||| cWoD Dice Statistics Calculator ||| cWoD Alternative Armor System
    cWoD Alternative Damage Roll System ||| My explanation of cWoD Damage Levels ||| 'Interesting' Strength Attribute Stuff
    EXPLOSIVE cWoD STUFF! ||| How Technocrats don't think they are Mages

Originally posted by Ambrosia View Post
    https://www.reddit.com/r/vtmb/commen...m_source=share

Well, here's a piece of news. it seems HardSuit Labs is no longer the lead developing studio for Bloodlines 2, *and* the release date for 2021 is prrrrobably gone out the window.

On the one hand I can see the positive in this, given certain weird decisions and controversies before - and it overall being an indicator that the game won't be rushed.
    On the other hand....jeez. How much can go wrong with a single game?
    Shit!

I wanted to play the game in the trailers.

What the fuck happened?

It was supposed to be almost done.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

The game is over. Changing the whole development team, after they have already changed the lead writers and so on, means that at the current stage the game doesn't exist.

Comment

I am Jacks complete lack of surprise.

Comment

So when is it going to become an expansion for cyberpunk given how much crap keep happening?

Comment

Well, the game did look pretty bad in my opinion. But I'm confused as to how and why this is happening. Producers are rarely shy of releasing a shitty, unfinished game in the name of money, and it should be common sense to avoid scandals; what's going on here?

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
            There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

No surprise. I don’t want to see another Earthblood.

Comment

What a surprise. Paradox has no more of an idea of what to do with the IP then CCP did. And I had such high hopes.

Comment

Big "meh" from me but I had already I pretty much wrote Bloodlines 2 off entirely after they fired Mitsoda. I do feel sorry for the regular programmers who likely had no say on any of the dumb decisions that led to this debacle. They ended up wasting years of their lives working on a game that won't get released. That seriously sucks. After the VtM MMO and this I don't have much faith in the future of the franchise. The only hope for VtM right now is that weird deathmatch-style game they hinted at a few months ago and that's... uhhh... yeah...

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                    It was supposed to be almost done.
                    I suspect this is what happened, that is was supposed to be almost done but was no where near completion and there were no real signs of progress. So Paradox said fuck it, and it trying something - anything - else.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                      Well, the game did look pretty bad in my opinion. But I'm confused as to how and why this is happening. Producers are rarely shy of releasing a shitty, unfinished game in the name of money, and it should be common sense to avoid scandals; what's going on here?
                      Well Paradox IS a video game publisher.

This is what they bought the IP for, really. Everything else was secondary.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Here's some insight from Outstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2PsPo5z4co

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Well Paradox IS a video game publisher.

This is what they bought the IP for, really. Everything else was secondary.
                          Well it was a history of success I'd say. The way Paradox managed the brand is really astonishing.

Comment

Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post

Well it was a history of success I'd say. The way Paradox managed the brand is really astonishing.
                            I'm not sure it has done poorly.

Both times its underperformed, its stepped in.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
                              No surprise. I don’t want to see another Earthblood.
                              IMHO, Earthblood is not so bad (but I still rather take the story and run it as P&P than incorporate the game as part of my setting, just as I did with all Hunter games, V:tM Redemption and Heart of Gaia). I don't rather want to see another Bloodlines, where all your choices but the last one didn't matter in the end (who you want to support).

Warrior of the Rainbow
                              Saint among the sinners
                              Pure among the dirt
                              Loser among winners

Comment

Working...
                              X