Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardsuit Labs no longer leading Bloodlines 2 Development

https://www.reddit.com/r/vtmb/commen...m_source=share

Well, here's a piece of news. it seems HardSuit Labs is no longer the lead developing studio for Bloodlines 2, *and* the release date for 2021 is prrrrobably gone out the window.

On the one hand I can see the positive in this, given certain weird decisions and controversies before - and it overall being an indicator that the game won't be rushed.
    On the other hand....jeez. How much can go wrong with a single game?

• Nail Eater
    replied
    Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post

Really the last third or so of Bloodlines was pretty notorious for being bad and rushed. It's possible that if Bloodlines hadn't been rushed out and the team had been given the proper time to wrap everything up the ending would have been more holistic.
    Maybe. Or maybe not (vide Cyberpunk 2077). But in this reality it had been rushed and that's how it was.

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    Originally posted by Nail Eater View Post

IMHO, Earthblood is not so bad (but I still rather take the story and run it as P&P than incorporate the game as part of my setting, just as I did with all Hunter games, V:tM Redemption and Heart of Gaia). I don't rather want to see another Bloodlines, where all your choices but the last one didn't matter in the end (who you want to support).

Really the last third or so of Bloodlines was pretty notorious for being bad and rushed. It's possible that if Bloodlines hadn't been rushed out and the team had been given the proper time to wrap everything up the ending would have been more holistic.

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied

Whoa, I didn't know that

Leave a comment:

• Nail Eater
    replied
    Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
    I like how in the modified patched versions you can join the Sabbat but only if you're a Low Humanity asshole.
    Whoa, I didn't know that

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied

Ok, but it's not about the faction you want to join. It's about the consequences of your choice. P. ex. in Bloodlines you could work with the Anarchs for the entire game and, in the end, join La Croix, who accepts you and forgives your past transgressions. It's not that simple. Of course if one wants something very badly it could work. But I doubt it will work for everyone, even if they are sure that there's an Antideluvian in the sarcophagus.
    I like how in the modified patched versions you can join the Sabbat but only if you're a Low Humanity asshole.

Leave a comment:

• Nail Eater
    replied
    Originally posted by Spencer from The Hills View Post

The trailers and the website played up the game's five factions and the demo showed directions to start quests with four of them, with a Tremere errand being played. To me, it looked like the player character would be able to start affiliating with factions fairly early.
    Ok, but it's not about the faction you want to join. It's about the consequences of your choice. P. ex. in Bloodlines you could work with the Anarchs for the entire game and, in the end, join La Croix, who accepts you and forgives your past transgressions. It's not that simple. Of course if one wants something very badly it could work. But I doubt it will work for everyone, even if they are sure that there's an Antideluvian in the sarcophagus.

Leave a comment:

• Spencer from The Hills
    replied

I don't rather want to see another Bloodlines, where all your choices but the last one didn't matter in the end (who you want to support).
    The trailers and the website played up the game's five factions and the demo showed directions to start quests with four of them, with a Tremere errand being played. To me, it looked like the player character would be able to start affiliating with factions fairly early.

Leave a comment:

• Nail Eater
    replied
    Originally posted by Rock113 View Post
    No surprise. I don’t want to see another Earthblood.
    IMHO, Earthblood is not so bad (but I still rather take the story and run it as P&P than incorporate the game as part of my setting, just as I did with all Hunter games, V:tM Redemption and Heart of Gaia). I don't rather want to see another Bloodlines, where all your choices but the last one didn't matter in the end (who you want to support).

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by Undead rabbit View Post

Well it was a history of success I'd say. The way Paradox managed the brand is really astonishing.
    I'm not sure it has done poorly.

Both times its underperformed, its stepped in.

Leave a comment:

• Undead rabbit
    replied

Well Paradox IS a video game publisher.

This is what they bought the IP for, really. Everything else was secondary.
    Well it was a history of success I'd say. The way Paradox managed the brand is really astonishing.

Leave a comment:

• Haquim
    replied
    Here's some insight from Outstar

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2PsPo5z4co

Leave a comment:

• CTPhipps
    replied
    Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
    Well, the game did look pretty bad in my opinion. But I'm confused as to how and why this is happening. Producers are rarely shy of releasing a shitty, unfinished game in the name of money, and it should be common sense to avoid scandals; what's going on here?
    Well Paradox IS a video game publisher.

This is what they bought the IP for, really. Everything else was secondary.

Leave a comment:

• Grumpy RPG Reviews
    replied
    It was supposed to be almost done.
    I suspect this is what happened, that is was supposed to be almost done but was no where near completion and there were no real signs of progress. So Paradox said fuck it, and it trying something - anything - else.

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    Big "meh" from me but I had already I pretty much wrote Bloodlines 2 off entirely after they fired Mitsoda. I do feel sorry for the regular programmers who likely had no say on any of the dumb decisions that led to this debacle. They ended up wasting years of their lives working on a game that won't get released. That seriously sucks. After the VtM MMO and this I don't have much faith in the future of the franchise. The only hope for VtM right now is that weird deathmatch-style game they hinted at a few months ago and that's... uhhh... yeah...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X