Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[WIR] Let the Streets Run Red (COMPLETE!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Probably no one will enjoy this but this is all random stuff I thought about from this.

Mundane Headcanon about Let the Streets Run Red

1. Walter Nash prefers to go by "Sir" despite the fact he's not a knight.

2. Walter Nash was usually the one Lodin left in charge of Chicago when he left for months long trips to Lodin. This is because he knew that none of his childer would ever support him as an alternative to Prince.

3. Walter Nash has been offered Praxis of Indianapolis by the Camarilla. He's aware its a joke and suicide but is still considering. It should be noted the "offer" was by Dawn Nakada without any authority to back it up. It also was deliberate to get him killed after seeing him abuse young women.

4. Walter is actually fully aware of Olaf One Eye's true identity. Ironically, he is completely unaware how valuable the information is because he assumes no one would care about a defeated Prince.

5. The Night's Cross was founded by FBI Agent William Shepard after he had a near death experience fighting Juggler and was rescued by Sullivan Dane.

6. The Night's Cross has been corrupted by the induction of numerous Michigan militias that have greatly misconstrued the original message. They are much more likely to go after liberals, black, and gay seeming "vampires" than conservatives.

7. Paul Sterri is an employee of Pentex's Tellus Software (security division) and knew about supernaturals before Walter Nash.

8. The Harvest God exists but is totally unrelated to Starchild. All of Starchild's visions and prophecy is completely the product of his own head.

9. The ley lines around Willerton are designed to keep the Harvest God asleep and imprisoned. Who could warp the layers of the Earth to do this is anyone's guess.

10. The Harvest God is very probably unrelated to vampires and is an enormous Bane, Earthbound, or something else.

11. Robert Warrington's breaches of the Masquerade are so egregious that he would have been put on the Red List but no one actually has checked out his feed or made the connection. He rather casually mentions he's a vampire and things about the Camarilla as well as Anarchs with hashtags.

12. Robert is a sunwalking Thin Blood so the Second Inquisition actually has dismissed him as undead.

13. Gabrielle is the only Kindred who knows about this but doesn't want to get him killed in the horrible way he certainly would be.

14. Eletria is actually a horrible bar hostess and everything about the Lhiannan is derivative of better Gothic nightclubs. Not that the average teen or college kid in Indianapolis notices.

15. Marion Davies actually does the lion's share of the work at the club. It would collapse without her.

16. Tyrone "Coach" Soros follows an incredibly heretical doctrine of the Ministry that emphasizes freedom, compassion, and love with none of the darker elements of the faith. His fellow Ministers have not noticed his "Set" is really a more hippie anti-authoritarian version of Jesus.

17. Keisha Phelps is similarly heretical but that's because she doesn't believe in Set at all but fully Embraces the idea she's meant to tempt and corrupt people in the name of God. She and Anatole would get along well. Or perhaps not at all.

18. Honor Mercer is actually not that good of a person or innocent. She has been forced into being a Touchstone for Mark Decker and would be somewhat easily persuaded from the Path of Humanity with the right people.

19. Gabriella has been offered a job working for Black Dog Network on Twitch but is competing with a Polish Toreador for it.

20. Gabriella can Obfuscate on cameras and does so when she's not using stock footage of past broadcasts or avatars.

21. Evelyn Stephens has deliberately protected her brother from being killed and fed him some nastier Anarchs as well as Camarilla individuals as part of his hunting. She is aware this is treason but wants him to survive above all other things.

22. Maxwell offered Modius back his praxis in exchange for his support but Modius immediately tried to betray him to Kevin Jackson.

23. Juggler actually actually did accept the offer to work with Maxwell but did the one decent thing in his life when he refused to show Maxwell sufficient "loyalty" by killing his childe.

24. Eric Sharpe was actually Sheriff of Gary for a short time before he grew utterly sick of Modius' insanity and incompetance.

25. Allicia's final straw was when Modius gave Michael to one of his supporters to be diablerized.

26. Allicia loves symphonic Goth metal. You should hear her Phantom of the Opera.

27. Allicia intends to eventually Embrace her ward, Nina, which Evelyn is horrified by. She considers it a form of grooming.

28. Arthur is a devotee of the Church of Caine and has a copy of the (fan made) Black Dog version of the Book of Nod that is modern in language but accurate to the stories, like a picture Bible.

29. His friend, Phillip Suttkus, is an African American gamer currently struggling with terminal illness. Arthur wants someone else to Embrace him because he doesn't want to inflict the Malkavian curse and knows how badly ghouldom can go.

30. Allicia broke up E and Lily from Bloodlines in hopes of seducing one or both. It failed spectacularly.

31. Speaking of Bloodlines characters, Arthur is pen pals with Damsel from the Anarch Free States. How they met and why they hit it off is a mystery.

32. Maxwell's sudden turn to violence and Sabbat-like tactics is due to the fact that he spent the night in Willerton and was "inspired" by something there. He left with the only other Kindred there but doesn't remember her identity.

33. Maxwell is, like most Chicago characters, a pawn. It was Nerissa Blackwater who is the one dominating him into his present course of actions. The Cultivatars intend to take advantage of the resultant chaos.

34. Sullivan Dane survived the events of his attempted suicide bombing due to a Kindred rescuing him and letting him go far away from the other vampires. This has re-inspired his love of God and wants to think this vampire. Unfortunately, he doesn't realize it was Nathaniel Borduff, one of the most evil of their kind.

35. Sullivan Dane doesn't associate with the Night's Cross due to the fact they're racist, homophobic, careless regarding collateral damage, and Protestant.

36. Danov is going East but not due to the Beckoning. He's since heard that Russia is free from Baba Yaga and the Shadow Curtain is gone. He kind of curses himself it's a decade and a half too late.

37. Lucian was Beckoned and has been fighting in the Gehenna War ever since. The 2000 year old vampire's fighting skill and blood potency has made him known to the Sabbat as "The Centurion."

38. Modius' year long torpor has significantly cleaned out his mind and he has now realized he was acting under an unknown forces' Dementation. He was apparently driven mad by someone called "Esau" for doing "Jacob's" bidding. Whatever the case, he is unrecognizable in terms of personality and competence.

39. Modius, however, regrets NOTHING.

40. Juggler has a history of bad Anarch alliances. In addition to being Tyler's Blood Bound slave, his closest friend in the Anarch Free States was Tara as well as Kuei-Jin collaborator Louis Fortier. His best bet would be to hope people forget his former friends.

41. Gregory Stephens is why the World of Darkness Gary has semi-recovered. The Second Inquisition arranged for numerous state and federal grants to the city in exchange for all his information on Kindred.

42. Arthur has actually committed multiple diableries. However, he's doing it at the behest of someone else who is erasing his memory.

43. Modius' lack of a survival trait despite being a "wilderness" guide is not a mistake. Modius would lead settlers out into the woods, rob them, and leave them to die.

44. Allicia still runs the Torch but doesn't perform there. She used to only feed on customers but now does performers, much to her shame. She's also franchised to Chicago, Indianpolis, and Milwaukee.

45. The Dive bar run by Evelyn Stephens is an exact replica of Chicago's the Cave, long since shut down by Lupine attack.

46. Arthur thinks Charlie is a childe of the late Michael of Gary. In fact, vampire manchild Charlie is just another personality of Raymond Falcone. Arthur would have realized this if not for the fact he's always irrationally hated Baby Chorus due to a childhood dispute over whether they were better than the Clash.

47. If the PCs spare Paul Sterri's wife and child, she will attempt to become their vampiric bride and use them to try to gain control of her husband's fortune as well as other financial security. If they don't take her up on this offer, Walter Nash will, before killing her child in a fit of pique and erasing her memory of him.

48. Maldavis is completely unaware of Evelyn Stephens' hatred of her and would be honestly bewildered by it. Evelyn actually hates Maldavis for actions taken by Helena during her club days (Embracing and feeding from her friends) that Portia causally altered her memories of.

49. Kevin Jackson really likes Evelyn Stephens (not on a personal attraction level either--he doesn't date the dead) and would like to incorporate Gary into Chicago's domain if she could just ditch all this Anarch idiocy.

50. Allicia is actually a Colepepper and would be horrified by the fact she's been dating her own descendant (or more precsiely great-grand nephew). Frank already knows this and doesn't care.
    Last edited by CTPhipps; 04-23-2021, 06:34 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
    the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Gangrel

Anton Nettum

Type: NPC

Synopsis: A Gangrel who is determined to bring peace between the Anarchs and Camarilla.

Analysis: Good guys are very difficult to do as NPCs in World of Darkness games. Indeed, I'd argue that good guy NPCs are some of the most difficult of all things to put into stories. Elminster, Drizzt Do'Urden, and even Raistlin Majere (who is a bad guy) have bothered a lot of gamers because they feel like the sort of people who are undermining their role as the gameworld's protagonists.

To an extent, this is why Maldavis is always going to be useless. If she ever became Prince then she'd undoubtedly try to run the city better and it would become untentable as a setting. The Prince or Baron doesn't have to be an enemy of the player characters but the Punk nature of the setting means that it is probably better if they are. The exception being if the players are dealing with exterior threats to their city and those are only so many. Hence, in general, if you're going to run a game with a friendly Prince then you probably should have one of the players be one.

I like Anton because he's a guy who wants to deescalate the conflict between the Anarchs and the Camarilla, which is a signficantly more realistic or achievable goal to have a "good" Cainite achieve. He's a somewhat laid back sort of character too without much worry about who his sire is, where he came from, and what situation he's found himself in. He's basically just a representation of Old Milwaukee and the Old Camarilla as a whole.

Honestly, I think this guy is probably doomed unless he joins the Anarchs but that's because my player characters actually have this as their own goal. They tried to take over the Princedom AND Barony of their city with a husband/wife couple to work on meeting in the middle. It ended horribly but managed to work out for awhile. It was one of the more satisfying political arcs in the game as well.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
      the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Mariangel Huerta

Synopsis: A near-feral Kindred believing she's close to Golconda.

Analysis: I skipped over Mariangle Huerta in my first read-through of the game, which is a shame because she's an interesting character to encounter in INNOCENCE IN BLOOD but also one that doesn't necessarily tie-in directly to the major story beats of the game.That's going to be one of the recurring themes in the subsequent NPC write-ups. It's not that they're bad characters, many of them are fantastic, but they are things that I think are more "flavor" text than things 100% tied to the main storyline of the Chronicles. The exception being the Ministry that, again, I kind of unnecessarily skipped over to get to Gary.

Mariangel's thing is that she's a pretty good example of why the Gangrel's habit of Embracing someone, abandoning them, and letting them find their own way tends to create half-feral vampires that are probably a serious danger to the Masquerade. I like the headcanon by CajunKhan that the Gangrel left because they felt the Camarilla was using them as cannon fodder. But I also imagine that "traditions" like this are things that always caused tension to begin with regarding the Masquerade. Basically, the Gangrel have given a lot to the Camarilla but do they need it? What do they get from it really? Why not opt out of the war?

The thing is that Mariangle is actually a pretty tragic figure because she's been mostly living completely on her own, feeding on humans (and killing more than a fair share), trying to get control over her Hunger. Now she's finally joined up with some of her fellow vampires and it's with ROBERT FUCKING WARRINGTON, which is hilarious. Like you are someone close to wassail and half-insane and the first vampire you join up with, or close to it, is a gaudy Instagram influencer who doesn't have the Beast the way a "normal" Kindred does.

There's an element of tragedy that Mariangle is a character unaware she desperately needs (or needed) a mentor but is probably too far gone to really benefit from one now. It also states she's got the ONE TRUE WAY to Golconda and its advice not to kill when you feed is something she finds to be actually helpful. Yes, the deliberately warped and inaccurate path to Golconda that I think probably was desigend to send you to wassail faster is better than nothing because she didn't even know THAT much.

I could easily see her mookified by the Harvest God but that's not necessary.

Forum Terms of Use
        the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Well, we're almost to the end and I am pleased to say it's likely we'll hit 5000 views. Thanks to everyone who decided to participate in this.
          Last edited by CTPhipps; 04-26-2021, 04:19 AM.

Forum Terms of Use
          the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Keisha Phelps

Synopsis: A beautiful Kindred gospel singer, a priestess half-converted to the Ministry.

Analysis: I have to state that Keisha Phelps is my favorite character from Let the Streets Run Red. Yes, that includes all of the Gary NPCs like Allicia and Evelyn Stephens. Why? I think she's a perfect encapsulation of a Ministry archetype without verging in self-parody. I also think she has enough elements to differentiate her from the typical Ministry seductress, too, that she's a character who could very easily be used as friend or foe.

The basic premise for her is that she is a beautiful Allicia Keyes-esque gospel singer that was embraced by Aluc Romas de Leon. Aluc is an interesting choice for her sire because he sort of lucked out with her. Keisha Phelps was someone he Embraced perhaps because of her beauty and talent (being vaguely Toreador in inclination) but found someone that had the potential to be a great religious leader. Which Aluc, ironically, is completely uninterested in. Keisha had the typical reaction of someone brought into Damnation but managed to bounce back by adopting the beliefs of her cult. Fear, horror, and questioning of her faith. Melvyn Ramsay managed to lead her through all of the problems and to Set.

But did he?

Part of what works about her characters is that she's adopted many beliefs about the nature of sex, sin, corruption, and temptation that would work well with the Ministry's methodology. However, there's no sign that she's actually adopted any of their dogma. As far as I can tell, Keisha still believes in the Christian God and doesn't have any real inclination to converting to a 5000 year old Egyptian polytheism. Her Humanity is in the right place (5) but not the theology.

I've mentioned that I think the primary appeal of both Keisha and Tyrone is the fact the two of them are both "failed" Followers of Set (or at least unfinished in their training). Melvyn Ramsay might have been able to eventually bring both into the proper Setite orthodoxy but he didn't have the time to do it. The thing is that no one has NOTICED they're untrained failed Setites because the Ministry is all about religious freedom. However, you can't experiment with stuff like this. If you're not going to follow a Path of Enlightenment then driving down someone's Humanity the way the Setites is just a way to create wights.

Functionally, Keisha is serving as the Baron of Indianapolis because of her beauty, charisma, and air of religious authority. Most of the problems of the city can be traced back to her and it's interesting to see how the city reflects her. Personally, I don't think her story is likely to end anywhere good because she has the worst kind of ignorance: the kind of person who believes she's wise. She's too Setite for being a faithful follower of God and too Godly to be a faithful ministry member. Oddly, I think about the only way she's going to avoid getting assassinated by the Church of Set or hauled off for "re-education" is for her to end up joining the Church of Caine. That seems like the only ideology close enough but alien enough to get her on the Path she needs to be.

Just my .02

I dunno, maybe she could end up being an apprentice to Anatole. What is Anatole up to lately? Beckoned? Torpor? Still preaching the good news? Dead again?

But yes, Keisha is a beautiful sensual religious gal who believes whole heartedly in God's word but you have to sin to be forgiven. It's not even that far from some real life practices.

Caine bless her.
            Last edited by CTPhipps; 04-25-2021, 03:12 PM.

Forum Terms of Use
            the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Originally posted by DifferentJustin View Post
              I really wish we got more detailed write-ups for the Milwaukee Kindred, especially Julia and Thomas as I think they could both provide a *lot* of insight on Decker, his praxis, and what has all happened in Milwaukee since we last had any detail on the Domain.

Parovich surviving, Edward Scott MIA, and Hrothulf (a legit character mentioned in Beowulf) not feeling the Beckoning are all super interesting hooks that I want to explore in my own chronicles as well.
              Didn't Thomas become an Alastor or at least eliminate the Anathema Angelo? I remember reading something along those lines....

Have yet to get a copy of LTSRR, so wholy new ideas might come up when i actually look into the book, but so far CTPhipps' commentary on the material has made me consider the possibility of some messy mix of Innocence in Blood with the Dying Fields, set in a district of Indianapolis or neighboring town instead of Willerton perhaps. Just a vague concept so far, time will tell.
              Last edited by Baaldam; 04-25-2021, 04:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

It's interesting as we actually have more on Set than any other Antediluvian in terms of personality due to the original 1st Edition Mummy book and Set's write-up in Kemintiri's write-up.

In them he's kind of a meathead.

For a second there, i misread your comment as "In them he's kind of a methhead" - and for some reason i find something about the idea of a proto-historic egyptian anarchic methead turned vampire & clan leader strangely entertaining and tempting to explore.

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                Dawn is a bit unnecessary for a more intimate story of Mark Decker, his childer, and the Ministry luring them away. You could replace her with Julia Calvin and give her the motivation of wanting to eliminate Honor out of jealousy or a misguided attempt to protect Decker. However, I think that Dawn adds another dimension to the chase fo Honor. The Camarilla authority is now against saving her and if the PCs want to help Decker or Honor, they run the risk of bringing down the wrath of the vampire Feds. However, she's "just" an Archon and not a politically powerful one so its possible they can get away with opposing her as this "busy work" imposed on her rather than an actual threat to the Camarilla she cares about.
                I have considered replacing her with Julia Calvin too, but make things a little messier/stranger with Honor trying to make her "sibling in blood" not only see her point of view but how Decker is a toxic influence to them both and maybe, just maybe complicate their dynamic even further with unintentional romance.

Roleplaying Hints: I think that Dawn should actually be an aversion of most psychotic Camarilla agents. If not warm and personable then put-upon and friendly with an overworked persona. It's just that her train of "logic" is not very good: 1. Decker has lost his child and that distracts him from his duties. 2. Honor is a Masquerade breach waiting to happen. 3. This is probably a plot by someone but I don't have time to investigate. 4. Kill most people involved.
                Doubly weird line of thinking considering Decker is a terrible heavy-handed @$$hat of a prince, so distracted Decker might be kind of a good thing from a praxis stability perspective...

Possible Fates:

* Depending on how much bang you want for an adventure, you could have Decker show up personally (having tracked the PCs to Indianapolis) and then confront her about trying to kill Honor and end up killing her. The event will either drive him to wightdom or for the PCs to kill him, leaving Honor or Milwaukee free.

* Dawn could end up being the one to kill Decker with her bonded law enforcement agents and then need the PCs to hush it all up for her.
                Those two together bring some very interesting parallels to the adventure in the original Milwaukee by Night.
                Last edited by Baaldam; 04-25-2021, 06:29 PM.

Comment

• "Coach" Tyrone Soros

Synopsis: Football player turned motivational speaker.

Analysis: It's hard to mention Coach without his in-universe speech that is hilarious and yet entirely believable as something an off-kilter Neonate would do. I don't mind my vampire being a bit on the ridiculous side with Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines being about my ideal level of the game--and yes, I mean as a Malkavian.

“Do you know how you spell recovery? I can’t tell you that, but I can tell you there’s no “I” in that word. You need mentorship, companionship, and God’s own ship, his ark, your ark, to cross that Nile!” “I was once a no-hoper. A loser. I drank. I smoked. I took drugs. Do you know what lifted me from my funk? Was it therapy? No! Was it television? No! Was it antidepressants? Heck, no! It was God! It was God — and I call that big fella Sutekh, because he came to me and told me in a dream that was his name — who told me ‘stop being a loser, Ty, and start winning!’ Now I’m giving you that same message! The message Sutekh gave me! Start winning by believing in yourself!”

This speech is a lovely one that pretty much tells you everything you need to know about Tyrone Soros and that he is both a figure to be pitied as well as envied in a way. One of the things I missed is actually in his encounter and that the easiest way to find Honor Mercer? Tell Tyrone that she's in a lot of emotional pain and that you want to help her. He'll just tell you her location without any further prompting.

I've mentioned that I think both Tyrone and Keisha are "failed" Followers of Set but two sides of the opposite coin. Keisha is a woman who has adopted the Gnostic sex and temptation based values of the Setites but not their actual god. Tyrone is a character that I believe has absorbed at least a picture Bible's worth of the Followers of Set's religion but he's completely missed the religion's ethics. Perhaps the most damning indictment of Tyrone I can think of would be this description, "Tyrone is a believer in Set and a good man." Which to paraphrase A Wish Called Wanda, "The central tenet of Buddhism is not every man for himself!"

Same for Set and Tyrone.

"General Bison is a bad guy?" - Zangief

A lot of Tyrone's history basically amounts to him being disgusted by Keisha's evil ways (and its implied her naked sexuality--which is an odd thing for a Setite to be troubled by). However most of what Tyrone devotes himself to is making people feel better about themselves and helping the Homeless. He's got a Humanity of 7 which is not unbelievably high but is also pretty damn good for a guy embraced 20 years ago and initiated into a cult of darkness.

I'm reminded a bit of the ongoing generational struggle of Evangelical ChristianityTM in my area. One of the things that's currently fueling the generation gap is the fact Boomer-aged white evangelicals are heavy on the culture wars with conflict over transgender rights, homosexuality, and (while they don't say it aloud) racial equality. The modern generation of evangelicals includes a large number of people raised to believe Jesus is Love and Love is Jesus over these things. They frankly don't see the reason for all the hate and the older generation doesn't actually care about reforming the church they don't think is broken in the first place. Exceptions, obviously, exist on this but bear with me.

Tyrone strikes me as one of the guys who has taken most of Setite dogma at face value. Set is good, Aeons and Antediluvians are evil, Ra is bad, Set is freedom, Set is acceptance, Aeons are intolerance as well as cruelty. The nuances of a literal religion of evil have utterly passed Tyrone by because he's not that introspective. Not stupid by any stretch of the imagination (checks his intelligence score, see's it's a one), okay, yes, actually he is an idiot but a good hearted one. He takes it at face value that Set is the hero and in that has avoided being corrupted. Ironically, I think it might take decades of even centuries for anyone to notice that Tyrone is a terrible Setite. No one is ever inclined to think that a Kindred really is exactly what he appears to be.

I basically think of him as the vampire equivalent of John Walker U.S. Agent.

I really like him and Marion's relationship too.

If he ever needs another NPC to do a video for, I think Matthew Dawkins would also make a good version of this guy. I'm not sure anyone has the energy to watch a Youtube video him discussing the Clans, though.

Tyrone: LETS TALK MALKAVIANS, TEAM!

Last edited by CTPhipps; 04-25-2021, 06:41 PM.

Forum Terms of Use
                  the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Didn't Thomas become an Alastor or at least eliminate the Anathema Angelo? I remember reading something along those lines....
                    Yep, Balthazar was denied it unfairly. Which results in the world's smallest violin playing for the slaving jerkass.

Have yet to get a copy of LTSRR, so wholy new ideas might come up when i actually look into the book, but so far CTPhipps' commentary on the material has made me consider the possibility of some messy mix of Innocence in Blood with the Dying Fields, set in a district of Indianapolis or neighboring town instead of Willerton perhaps. Just a vague concept so far, time will tell.
                    That seems like a very interesting combo!

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
                    For a second there, i misread your comment as "In them he's kind of a methhead" - and for some reason i find something about the idea of a proto-historic egyptian anarchic methead turned vampire & clan leader strangely entertaining and tempting to explore.
                    I think that applies to. My impression of Set is that he's a proud warrior god determined to slaughter and conquer with very little care about dogma or religious philosophy. The Followers of Set underneath him are responsible for 99% of the deeper mysteries and the worship of Apep being conflated with him. I wouldn't be surprised if Set is closer to Haqim or the werewolves who possibly sent him to his Final Death than the many religious types that have come since.

I have considered replacing her with Julia Calvin too, but make things a little messier/stranger with Honor trying to make her "sibling in blood" not only see her point of view but how Decker is a toxic influence to them both and maybe, just maybe complicate their dynamic even further with unintentional romance.
                    An interesting take on this would be to replace Freddie with Julia Calvin rather than Dawn. Maybe have Julia lead Honor out of the city and to the Anarchs because of her jealousy but also because she genuinely does want her "replacement" to be happier out of Mark's insane controlling nature.

Doubly weird line of thinking considering Decker is a terrible heavy-handed @$$hat of a prince, so distracted Decker might be kind of a good thing from a praxis stability perspective.
                    My impression is that Mark's humanity is hanging by a thread. Gangrel are very good at the whole "feed the Beast so you don't become a beast" and probably were the guys who Dracula was originally supposed to be part of the Clan of. However, Mark has been acting as a politician and a tyrannical one at that with numerous friends as well as associates being sent to the Sun. As such, he probably is using Honor as a Touchstone even if the rules don't strictly allow that. Should anything happen to her or he realizes he's ruined her, he might give into the Beast for good.

Those two together bring some very interesting parallels to the adventure in the original Milwaukee by Night.
                    Yep, the thought occurred to me this could be a neat parallel even if Decker just shares the story when they first meet that Princedom has a way of wearing down the souls of good men and turning them into monsters.

It also could be some unintentional humor as to how Dawn Nakada COMPLETELY boned that situation.

Forum Terms of Use
                    the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Yep, Balthazar was denied it unfairly. Which results in the world's smallest violin playing for the slaving jerkass.

I can totally imagine a bunch of Chicago's anarchs commemorating Thomas' success just for the sake of pissing off Sheriff.

As an aside, i keep asking myself what was the fate of the Anathema werewolf called Ossian, whose stomping grounds was implied to be Milwaukee, if memory tricks me not.

That seems like a very interesting combo!

I hope so. Would have to take some time to decide if Starchild would or not be connected to the Ministry and what his master is.
                      Oh yeah, my take on the Decani. That might work....

An interesting take on this would be to replace Freddie with Julia Calvin rather than Dawn. Maybe have Julia lead Honor out of the city and to the Anarchs because of her jealousy but also because she genuinely does want her "replacement" to be happier out of Mark's insane controlling nature.
                      Could be, though i like the idea of Julia entering the mission with one objective and losing direction along the way. Alternately, i could maybe use Thomas Gerhieren - who has something of a unmentioned story of bad decisions involving young women - in place of Dawn Nakada.

My impression is that Mark's humanity is hanging by a thread. Gangrel are very good at the whole "feed the Beast so you don't become a beast" and probably were the guys who Dracula was originally supposed to be part of the Clan of. However, Mark has been acting as a politician and a tyrannical one at that with numerous friends as well as associates being sent to the Sun. As such, he probably is using Honor as a Touchstone even if the rules don't strictly allow that. Should anything happen to her or he realizes he's ruined her, he might give into the Beast for good.

Yep, the thought occurred to me this could be a neat parallel even if Decker just shares the story when they first meet that Princedom has a way of wearing down the souls of good men and turning them into monsters.

It also could be some unintentional humor as to how Dawn Nakada COMPLETELY boned that situation.
                      Indeed. That said, who knows what surprises might come up if Decker joins the mess in Indianapolis personally.

Utterly unrelated aside, wasn't there something about wight issues in Milwaukee? I just remembered prince Merik's had a 9th gen Nosferatu near-wight alchemist as unofficial lieutenant at the time of his fall .
                      Last edited by Baaldam; 04-26-2021, 10:17 AM.

Comment

• J.W. Blue is a very charismatic character, Decker too. The Innocence in blood plot is a very interesting chronicle. In the Cults of the blood gods expansions there are some new character from Milwaukee, one of them a Banu Haqim that is trying to convert the Annubi and Decker to Mithraism, probably, his last chance to maintain some humanity as a warrior-king for the cult. Also Milwaukee is a very interesting beachhead in Norteamerica for the Cult of Mithras.

Comment

• Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Indeed. That said, who knows what surprises might come up if Decker joins the mess in Indianapolis personally.

Utterly unrelated aside, wasn't there something about wight issues in Milwaukee? I just remembered prince Merik's had a 9th gen Nosferatu near-wight alchemist as unofficial lieutenant at the time of his fall .

This is Parovich, it is mentioned in the chronicle as having completely fallen to the Beast and now is stalking in the docks, so you are right. Now his progeny has taken his place in the hierarchy of the city.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justycar View Post
                            This is Parovich, it is mentioned in the chronicle as having completely fallen to the Beast and now is stalking in the docks, so you are right. Now his progeny has taken his place in the hierarchy of the city.
                            My headcanon is that in addition to the fact finding a Wight with Obfuscate 4 is FUCKING HARD, I'm inclined to think that Decker is also distracted by Honor's departure to the point he's not even paying attention to one of the very basic duties of a Prince to deal with a undead animalistic horror eating people on a regular basis. The other Anubi think its probably some sort of grand stratagem to make people fear and respect what they do but, no, it's just Decker being in a funk over his missing childe.

My player characters killing Parovich was a major part of our Power Prey and Innocence in Blood game. They killed Parovich for Redwood because it was what he wanted to blackmail them into doing, killing Kindred he'd found, and that impressed Decker enough to hire him for their child.

Even if they were in Milwaukee illegally.

(And if you wonder how Redwood found Parovich, city cameras and social media that Decker just flat out did not silence properly)

Originally posted by Justycar View Post
                            J.W. Blue is a very charismatic character, Decker too. The Innocence in blood plot is a very interesting chronicle. In the Cults of the blood gods expansions there are some new character from Milwaukee, one of them a Banu Haqim that is trying to convert the Annubi and Decker to Mithraism, probably, his last chance to maintain some humanity as a warrior-king for the cult. Also Milwaukee is a very interesting beachhead in Norteamerica for the Cult of Mithras.
                            I'm inclined to think there'd be an irony about Mithras' cult for Decker in that 99% of what he would get from it would be nothing related to Sun worship, religious morality, or the brotherhood of warriors but how to be a non-shit leader. Decker doesn't know how to command save through fear and violence so there's a kind of humorous image in my head where he keeps asking questions on how to rule that, obviously, a Mithraite would know.

Probably dumbed down to very basic Merlin in Excalibur-esque:

"You reward people who do things for you."
                            "Shouldn't they do things for me because it is their duty?"
                            "Yes, and you reward them for it."
                            "Why?"
                            "Because obligation in feudalism goes both ways!"
                            "GASP!"

Sadly, it may be too late for religion to provide the answers he needs.

Originally posted by Baaldam
                            As an aside, i keep asking myself what was the fate of the Anathema werewolf called Ossian, whose stomping grounds was implied to be Milwaukee, if memory tricks me not.
                            https://whitewolf.fandom.com/wiki/Os...of_Bane_Slayer

If he's the Dark Ages character, Ossian Son of Bane Slayer, then he eventually died in fairy woods. Probably at the hands of Changelings of the less squishy variety or True Fae.

Originally posted by Baaldam
                            In that situation, I think JW Blue taking over as a Caitiff Prince of the Camarilla is by itself a kind of hilarious probable outcome in that situation. It's exactly NOT the kind of situation the Camarilla would want even if he'd do a much better job (Blood Bond or not). JW is a man familiar with both violence and motivating people through self-interest, being a crooked dock boss, which would work out well for Milwaukee.

Hrothgar COULD be Prince if he wanted to but he's "been there, done that."

Ironically, the PCs could probably get it just by being there when Dawn's plan utterly fucks things up and possibly as a bribe (though finally dead men tell no tales).

Another option would be, out of Milwaukee, Decker just goes, "Fuck it. Why was I even bothering?" Then leaves his Praxis behind like a proper Gangrel.
                            Last edited by CTPhipps; 04-27-2021, 03:26 AM.

Forum Terms of Use
                            the Contact Us link.

Comment

• Ossian is the Red list werewolf from Kindred Most Wanted. A rogue Fianna that has been hunting vampire in solo mode. About Decker, I think that Mithraism fits perfectly with him, Mithraism is a martial religion, not based on peace and harmony, but in order and war. This are things that this Prince will understand,
                              Last edited by Justycar; 04-27-2021, 03:43 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justycar View Post
                                Ossian is the Red list werewolf from Kindred Most Wanted. A rogue Fianna that has been hunting vampire in solo mode. About Decker, I think that Mithraism fits perfectly with him, Mithraism is a martial religion, not based on peace and harmony, but in order and war. This are things that this Prince will understand,
                                Actually, there's speculation they're the same character since Ossian's thing is he's a cannibal were-ghoul.

And Decker as a Mithrasite would be a much better ruler.

I just wonder if he has enough will to do it. You may have noted I like tragic endings, though.

Forum Terms of Use
                                the Contact Us link.

Comment

Working...
                                X