No announcement yet.

[5E] The Clan Updates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• But Setites embraced from within their cults so...

Look, the bloodline is fine; Weakness to light Obfuscate, Presence and... I'd say Protean for anyone who wants to play someone not initiated in a cult (Serpentis, is in my view, Protean filtered through a lense of faith, and you just wouldn't learn it without having that faith) It's a great deal for any vampire, cult or not. The issue is when you don't call these folks social-caitiff or sectless setites and start calling them the Ministry. You just don't have a thousand different religions spring up after millenia of a relatively mainstream orthadoxy and it's parrallel relatives; Indian and Egyptian Setites gave us different ensembles but ultimately they gave us the same play; that simply isn't true for the Ministry, who believe in anything, You can have Fred the Settite start his own cult, with blackjack and hookers, but half the clan isn't going to decide to also make their own cults with a variety of alternatives and also band together to fight off some ultra-orthadox (hetradox, really) radical (reactionaries but first?) tea-party/black hand/puritan/SS setites.

The ministry are so loose an organization that they shouldn't be an organization.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
      But Setites embraced from within their cults so...

Look, the bloodline is fine; Weakness to light Obfuscate, Presence and... I'd say Protean for anyone who wants to play someone not initiated in a cult (Serpentis, is in my view, Protean filtered through a lense of faith, and you just wouldn't learn it without having that faith) It's a great deal for any vampire, cult or not. The issue is when you don't call these folks social-caitiff or sectless setites and start calling them the Ministry. You just don't have a thousand different religions spring up after millenia of a relatively mainstream orthadoxy and it's parrallel relatives; Indian and Egyptian Setites gave us different ensembles but ultimately they gave us the same play; that simply isn't true for the Ministry, who believe in anything, You can have Fred the Settite start his own cult, with blackjack and hookers, but half the clan isn't going to decide to also make their own cults with a variety of alternatives and also band together to fight off some ultra-orthadox (hetradox, really) radical (reactionaries but first?) tea-party/black hand/puritan/SS setites.

The ministry are so loose an organization that they shouldn't be an organization.
      The irony is that I would actually feel this would be the case except for the fact that the Followers of Set were conceived with the exact scenario of the Ministry from 2nd Edition. Your argument depends on the idea that the Followers of Set have an orthodox interpretation of their religion that they have control over and never drifts. Also, that the locals would be fully indoctrinated to the religion of Set and never choose local traditions over the worship of Set. It's a fine position except that it's never been the Followers of Set.

THE PLAYERS GUIDE introduced the Followers of Set in 1991 and THE PLAYERS GUIDE TO THE SABBAT was done in 1992. The Players Guide to the Sabbat establishes that the Serpents of Light as a bunch of Followers of Set Blood Cultists Embraced from local Haitian branches of Voodoo corrupted by the Followers. The Serpents of Light rebelled due to their refusal to worship Set and give up their traditional religion. They then switched their allegiance to the Sabbat.

So what happened there in your opinion and why couldn't it happen again if the Followers of Set decide to crack down and offend the other local cults?

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Working...
      X