first mention of Koldunic Sorcery

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• first mention of Koldunic Sorcery

What sourcebook first mentioned Koldunic Sorcery? Thanks.

I want to say it was one of the Dark Ages books - maybe Transylvania by Night? - but I'd have to dig my stuff out to check.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
    Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

Originally posted by No One of Consequence View Post
      I want to say it was one of the Dark Ages books - maybe Transylvania by Night? - but I'd have to dig my stuff out to check.

Want to say Libellus Sanguinius: Masters of the State. Transylvania by Night references that for Koldun rituals

Comment

Taggie has the right of it: Page 62 of Libellus Sanguinis 1: Masters of the State (1997) is the first time Koldunic Sorcery is presented as a unique discipline. Although Koldunic Sorcery is said to be incompatible with Thaumaturgy, they are mechanically identical in Vampire: The Dark Ages. Koldunic paths are simply Thaumaturgy paths with alternative names; only Koldunic rituals are unique to the discipline at this stage.

However, the first mention of koldun precedes any writeup of Koldunic Sorcery. The first Tzimisce clanbook (1995) talks about koldun on page 26. Here, it's simply a term for Tzimisce who practice Thaumaturgy. This shouldn't be understood as Tremere Thaumaturgy -- the early editions used "Thaumaturgy" as a general term for vampiric blood sorcery.

Comment

Working...
        X