No announcement yet.

V:TM Netflix/Amazon Series?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Settites are more "A cult which believes reality is a cruel illusion brought about by a malevolent god, and who thus seeks to end this illusion by collective realization (IE reality is so shit it can't be real)

Also their Messiah was a sexy egyptian stormgod who became best buds with a snake.

It's very easy to explain if you just grasp the fundamentals.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
      Settites are more "A cult which believes reality is a cruel illusion brought about by a malevolent god, and who thus seeks to end this illusion by collective realization (IE reality is so shit it can't be real)

Also their Messiah was a sexy egyptian stormgod who became best buds with a snake.

It's very easy to explain if you just grasp the fundamentals.
      Your definition of easy includes introducing an entirely new contradictory religion to Kindred that worships evil and contradicts the primary religious narrative/origin. You can do it but I think it is definitely very complex for a TV audience versus the Ministry.

So YMMV on that.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lian View Post

I have to say that's my feeling towards the majority of your posts.
        Yes, yes.

The Rebellious antisocial clans are part of the the Ivory Tower vs... the Anarchs or the Sabbat? The Tzim and Lasombra being the focal point of the "Rebellion" made sense only in the "We are going to make our own sect with Hookers and booze..."

The brujah and Gangrel being primarily Anarchs makes more sense.
        The Brujah would never leave wholesale, because they're a clan of individuals with very different opinions from one another and nobody has the right to speak for all of them. Thus they can never collectively decide to 'leave the cam' and abandon representation. You should also remember that a good chunk of brujah are going to have pro-authoritarian, elitist or pragmatic views, or they're otherwise going to support the status quo and order of the Camarilla because nothing's more rebelious than becoming the man/they're intellectually inclined/they're actually older than a hundred. The Lasombra replacement is contrived and difficult for people to understand.
        The Gangrel? Sure. Most Gangrel rebellion falls in the domain of autuarks rather than anarchs, however. But this is a Revised edition point, not a V5 one. I don't mind the Assamites replacing them, but I don't like the Banu Haquim updates. In any case, for an audience of laymen, it'd probably be better to be introduced to the Gangrel before the Assamites.

Apples and Gala Apples. And even that's debatable with all the minor families and bullshit the Giovanni had. But the Hecata are easier to Understand than Giovanni, Harbingers, Nagaraja, Samedi, Mwlawata(sp)
        Those bloodlines are rare as fuck, and honestly work well for a monster-of-the week kinda thing if we're talking a television show. The Giovanni playing game-of-incestuous-thrones with themselves is a strength to be capitalized on. The hecata's just a contrived mess.

The first thing I'd say says this post isn't objectively wrong. However I don't think the 4 tremere is really all that complicated.
        But considerably less impressive and impactful than THE PYRAMID. Ok, yes, that's very subjective. but do you honesetly believe there are only 4 houses, or that all four houses aren't really masks for some complicated Tremere plot?

You seem to think this is an Either Or situation. SAD and SoL were the build up. The SI is SAD and the SoL with actual resources rather than being "crazy Fox Mulder believes in Vampires.." they are the obvious metaplot evolution
        Obvious shouldn't refer to "secret segments of different inteligence organizations making secret contact with eachother and a few equally paranoid terrorist groups in order to destroy the vampires that probably control who leads said inteligence organizations and their funding"
        -

Eat the Rich has been a core theme from 1e onward. the Anarchs have a book in v20. The Cam and Sabbat do not. The Generation war is right there and one that's EASY for people to grasp especially in today's market.
        Generational war doesn't necessarily mean sectarian war, and you're dumbing it down by dividing everything along two lines.

YOU JUST said external sect war is bad So shouldn't putting the Sabbat on teh Bus be a benefit... oh wait that would require you to argue something consistantly other than "I HATE ChANGE"
        Sabbat have interesting internal conflicts and marvelous politics. You can't have all that when they're offering themselves to a Damascan methuselah by the crateload.

Why should two masters of a sword have completely different abilities?
        Are you taking my side here?
        why should people with Blood magic get to choose a dozen or more in clan disciplines while there's NO variations on super strength....
        Imagine being mad at brains for doing so many different things whilst muscles remain simple organs. I'd also argue you can actually do MORE with Classic potence's +Strength than you could with the overly specific V5 disciplines (You can jump real high, but you can't use that strength to kick? What is this? A Garou gift?)
        Oh.. wait combo disciplines existed....
        and they were expensive, few had them, but every single vampire had the capacity to learn them. Very different from the V5 system of everyone having something radically different from their clanmates and all are beholden to a 5 power limit. TV wise, Clans need a visually strong Identity, you can't do that when nobody among a clan exhibits the same powers.

Last edited by MyWifeIsScary; 03-30-2021, 06:42 AM.

Comment

• Generational war doesn't necessarily mean sectarian war, and you're dumbing it down by dividing everything along two lines.
          Except that there were two sects opposed to one another from the beginning.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• It's difficult to define Anarchs as a sect. A movement, sure, but not a sect. The Camarilla's a sect. The Sabbat are a Sect. The Settites are a Sect. The Assamites are a sect. The Giovanni... are a Family. But the Anarchs are people with very different ideas from one another, only united by not fitting in with the status quo. The game has never given us the idea that all neonates looking for a leg-up are anarchs, indeed many neonates have always hung to the camarilla clamoring for promotion, and scheming shortcuts for the route.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
              It's difficult to define Anarchs as a sect. A movement, sure, but not a sect. The Camarilla's a sect. The Sabbat are a Sect. The Settites are a Sect. The Assamites are a sect. The Giovanni... are a Family. But the Anarchs are people with very different ideas from one another, only united by not fitting in with the status quo. The game has never given us the idea that all neonates looking for a leg-up are anarchs, indeed many neonates have always hung to the camarilla clamoring for promotion, and scheming shortcuts for the route.
              The Anarchs were a sect that merged with the Camarilla and then had several revolts against the Camarilla:

* The French Revolution
              * The Russian Revolution
              * The LA Revolution

Both the Russian Revolution and LA Revolution had territory held by the Brujah Council and the LA Anarchs who existed as seperate from the Camarilla.

Now in 5th Edition, the Anarchs have fully organized into multiple applied cities that are definitely their own sect.

Comment

Working...
              X