[V5] The Sabbat thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Black Fox View Post
    I think the really strange and sick things the Sabbat do are done only at rare times. Because they would attract vampire hunters like crazy and cause debilitating casualties to the sect..
    Isn't that why the sect is basically... "Elders and Neonates" and nothing inbetween? The Sabbat IS the the Meatgrinder sect. Those who survive are scary powerful

Comment

• Again, while not even close to all Sabbat are maniacs, even the most subtle of Sabbat would need the Predator types altered. A Sabbat siren-predator isn't going to put up with a spurned lover or jealous partner making trouble, for example. That's the sort of thing you put up with because you want to keep your humanity more than you want to simply drain the uppity nuisance and drop her or him in a dumpster. So that baked in flaw would need replacing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Taggie View Post
        That's an odd take on feeding, alley cat ambushes, kidnappings, blood games etc are fairly standard, and part of why Sabbat cities have insane murder rates.... Sure don't tear apart the mayor outside the town hall but round up an entire encampment of rough sleepers, make them fight, eat the losers and embrace the winners? That's some quality entertainment, or hunt someone you deem to be strong, spend hours or nights tracking them, and draining them at the end? Feral Heart is all aboard that idea...
        This may be the first time we've agreed!

JK

But couldn't resist.

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
        Every member of the Sabbat ritually killing on average a person about once a season gives you a high murder rate. Those Sabbat killing people every night or even once a week doesn't give you a high-murder rate, it makes your city a concentration camp.
        Yep. But you have to make some concessions to the World of Darkness elements. Which is to say that Sabbat who don't engage in regular murder just are not the same sect described in the books.

Unrealistic or not.
        Last edited by CTPhipps; 03-28-2021, 07:03 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post
          Again, while not even close to all Sabbat are maniacs, even the most subtle of Sabbat would need the Predator types altered. A Sabbat siren-predator isn't going to put up with a spurned lover or jealous partner making trouble, for example. That's the sort of thing you put up with because you want to keep your humanity more than you want to simply drain the uppity nuisance and drop her or him in a dumpster. So that baked in flaw would need replacing.
          Feeding is hard. Caine is a Farmer, not a hunter. Do you know all the shit we put up with for farming from uppity plants and animals?

Comment

Again, while not even close to all Sabbat are maniacs, even the most subtle of Sabbat would need the Predator types altered. A Sabbat siren-predator isn't going to put up with a spurned lover or jealous partner making trouble, for example. That's the sort of thing you put up with because you want to keep your humanity more than you want to simply drain the uppity nuisance and drop her or him in a dumpster. So that baked in flaw would need replacing.
            Yep. The Predator types will need new ones in the Sabbat book. The current ones are made specifically for non-Sabbat.

Ditto Touchstones.

The current rules make no sense for any form of Black Hand member.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

• i mean, not future proofing their systems is par for the course for V5

Comment

• Originally posted by archderd View Post
                i mean, not future proofing their systems is par for the course for V5
                I don't think that's a flaw because the Sabbat and Camarilla should be fundamentally different in how they handle feeding as well as Humanity.

The Paths exist because the Sabbat cannot be played on original recipe Humanity.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I don't think that's a flaw because the Sabbat and Camarilla should be fundamentally different in how they handle feeding as well as Humanity.

The Paths exist because the Sabbat cannot be played on original recipe Humanity.
                  i think you misunderstand what i meant there. i'm not saying it's bad because new predator styles and touchstones options are gonna have to be introduced but rather that the base systems in question don't really make sense for the sabbath.

i mean seriously what possible flaw could a sabbath cainite suffer from that they got from their preferred feeding methode?

Comment

• Originally posted by archderd View Post

i think you misunderstand what i meant there. i'm not saying it's bad because new predator styles and touchstones options are gonna have to be introduced but rather that the base systems in question don't really make sense for the sabbath.

i mean seriously what possible flaw could a sabbath cainite suffer from that they got from their preferred feeding methode?
                    No, I exactly understand that. I think it's a good thing.

The Sabbat and Camarilla should not follow the same rules. You can't play the Sabbat with Humanity and you shouldn't play a Camarilla game without it.

Comment

simply drain the uppity nuisance and drop her or him in a dumpster.
                      You don't have to be in the Sabbat to do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Spencer from The Hills View Post

You don't have to be in the Sabbat to do that.
                        Yeah but if you don't know SECRET RELIGIOUS PRACTICES, you're eventually a gore covered hobo living in dumpsters during the day.

Comment

• My impression is that aside from crusades in Camarilla cities, nomadic packs also engage in a lot of lethal feeding and other murderous entertainment Near Dark-style in contrast to the more careful founded packs. But a combination of not sticking around and not leaving any living witnesses makes it considerably harder for authorities and vampire hunters to get the drop on them. Just because most Sabbat don't spend much time pretending to be human doesn't mean that they don't cover their tracks.

Comment

• Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                            Every member of the Sabbat ritually killing on average a person about once a season gives you a high murder rate. Those Sabbat killing people every night or even once a week doesn't give you a high-murder rate, it makes your city a concentration camp.

This is average speaking. I'm sure you've got once-a-month killers and avoids-killing vampires among the sabbat. Three things you should consider:
                            1- Sabbat generally fuck with the masquerade in enemy territory, and don't really try as hard to shit in their own backyard.
                            2- A lot of the Sabbat's sick fuckery can be done without killing people; Extremely unethical 'pranks' and such. You chase a man for sport, but you only maim him.
                            3- A lot of the Sabbat's sick fuckery are really just vampire employee team-building exercises, and you can share a murder throughout the whole pack, you don't need to kill one person each.

IDK about you lot, but even if I was a psycho sabbat, I'd still get pissed off about someone in my pack going so overboard that it drew hunter attention to me. Someone's going to monomancy the fool for the good of the pack.
                            Actually, perhaps not so much. It depends on what you think the population of a Sabbat city would be. Indianapolis has a population of 860,000 people and 18 murders per 100,000 People. Which is a total of 154 homicides last year.

So, with a population of 1 vampire per 100K and maybe say the Sabbat city is overpopulated with, say, 12 vampires in town then that would be 48 murders with one 4 per vampire per year.

That would be less than a third of the murders that occurs "naturally" and in the World of Darkness I'd assume the murder rate for every city would be at least double. That's not counting "missing" people as well as those who wouldn't naturally be counted like homeless or transient.

Wow, those are depressing figures.

Comment

• Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                              That would be less than a third of the murders that occurs "naturally" and in the World of Darkness I'd assume the murder rate for every city would be at least double.
                              Maybe you double it if your campaign occurs in a quiet city. By contrast, Chicago already has murder rates higher than places considered actual war zones (283 shot, 45 murders just this March alone... 4 murders and 15 shot just last weekend).

Sometimes the real worls is dark enough.

Comment

• I'm interested to see, as all V5 books, more little added mechanics, more options on Advantages/Flaws/Background or powers, social gatherings and conventions. And can't forget those little systems that Camarilla and Anarch books had (the Institutions and Response Algorithm) that are really fun to have at our disposal. So I'm curious if something similar is coming for Sabbat.
                                Of course, the rituals and ceremonies of the sect are always fun, but I really want to see how the Sabbat are working now days. I suspect they are being a bit smarter, blowing a little less care into the wind, going back to the guerrillas roots, infiltrating Anarchs, trying to bring down Hunters as a challenge, besides surviving and spreading the Word. I suppose someone had to stay behind to take care of things for when "our heroes" come back home from the Gehenna War. The situation seems ripe for drama.

I also think the Tzimisce situation must be tense, especially with the Lasombra going away in waves. I don't expect to see any playable Bloodlines or et cetera in the book, only mentions of it, but it could be a nice surprise. Loresheets will probably be full to the brim with juicy content. I wasn't a fan of Sabbat as playable in other editions, but I'm really excited for this book.

Strange... When coincidence seems too convenient, I prefer to call it fate.

-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain d=

Comment

Working...
                                X