No announcement yet.

V5 in Dark Ages: Any Attempts?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm running Giovanni Chronicles in V5, and the only adjustments I made were: calling Streetwise Hearth Wisdom, and Firearms just Shooting (slings, bow, crossbow...), Technology is until the Industrial Revolution an empty Skill, and for a person to know how to read in the Languages she knows would need Academics 2 (I made a Merit for literation but my Players didn't like it). And of course, Drive is tied to riding and driving wagons.
    Most Advantages are still pretty much what they were, with Resources just taking a less liquidated form. I've made also 10 to 15 Loresheets, about the matters of the social classes (the pariahs, the commoners, the merchants, the warriors, the nobles, the clerics...) and faiths, with some extra thrown in (like knowing how to travel and contraband, being related to the crusades, having access to monasteries...etc).

I haven't used or thought much of armors, but I suppose we either keep it the way it is, make it mitigate Superficial/Aggravated damage (which might be OP), or be more complex and have armors have both an Aggrav. to Superficial dmg rating, and a Superficial dmg Absorb rating, but that seems a bit too much for me.

With the amount of travel and info dispersal in Medieval Times, I'm also a bit more lax with the intervals between interactions with Touchstones (I got a mechanic that kind of needs the PC to visit, send a letter, know through someone else, or something, that his/her Touchstone is ok; generally a week), but this is a kind of homebrew so it isn't worth going into.

Strange... When coincidence seems too convenient, I prefer to call it fate.

-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain d=

Comment

Dark Eras 2 in CofD proposes "touchstone mementos", which are objects that remind the character of their touchstones, a bit like fetters without the mysticism.
      I don't see the need to make armour useful for vampires. Wear it if you want to pass for a mortal soldier and not get caught surviving grievous injuries, otherwise enjoy being supernaturally resilient.

Comment

Originally posted by Spencer from The Hills View Post
        I don't see the need to make armour useful for vampires. Wear it if you want to pass for a mortal soldier and not get caught surviving grievous injuries, otherwise enjoy being supernaturally resilient.
        Yeah, but mortals might want to wear it... and some vampires will probably want to armor up their ghoul bodyguard.

Freelance Writer and Storyteller's Vault contributor. Find my work here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/ind...liate_id=17903

Comment

Working...
        X