Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition enters 3rd printing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition enters 3rd printing

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/47866/renegade-game-studios-printings-vampire-the-masquerade-5e-books-headed-retail

Renegade Game Studios will release reprinted editions of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition Roleplaying Game core rulebook and sourcebooks into retail in July.

Set in the World of Darkness, Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition is a game of personal and political horror. Players enter the world as vampires, struggling for survival and supremacy all while trying to hold on to the last of their fading humanity. The book is a reprint of the previous version, includes a satin ribbon bookmark, and will retail for $55.

The Vampire: The Masquerade Anarch Sourcebook dives into the the Anarch Movement who have enjoyed an uneasy truce with the Camarilla. The Anarchs now claim the nighttime streets as their own, and only the toughest and smartest of self-made vampires will survive. The Anarch Sourcebook contains stories and metaplot for the Anarch Movement in modern times, with lore sheets and histories for added gameplay experiences. The book also includes rulesets and lore for the Ministry clan, formerly known as Followers of Set. The 200-page, full-color hardcover book will retail for $50 when it releases.

Vampire: The Masquerade Camarilla Sourcebook focuses on the Camarilla faction, the once stronghold of immortality and the mightiest faction of vampires in the world. The faction now retreats as it attempts to enforce the Masquerade in the face of modern technology while protecting itself from the threat of the Second Inquisition. The Camarilla Sourcebook contains all the information on the powerful faction’s place in the modern world and the clans within the Camarilla, including Banu Haqim (formally known as the Assamites) and Ashirra.

The sourcebook provides new antagonists for players with the introduction of the Second Inquisition. The book also includes new rituals, lore sheets, and faction histories for added gameplay experiences.The 200-page, full-color hardcover book will retail for $50 when it releases.
    Renegade Game Studios was named a publishing partner for the Word of Darkness brand in November (see “Renegade Game Studios Becomes a TTRPG Publishing Partner for ‘World of Darkness’”).

Congratulations to White Wolf and Paradox for this!
    Last edited by CTPhipps; 03-20-2021, 07:26 AM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Wonderful News!

Comment

Just bought the Camarilla book in PDF. Thanks for reminding me 😊.

“No one holds command over me. No man, no god, no Prince. Call your damn Hunt. We shall see who I drag screaming down to hell with me.” The last Ahrimane says this when Mithras calls a Blood Hunt against her. She/her (I saw the Chief Technology Officer for a big company do this so I guess I’ll do it too).

Comment

Could really do with a release schedule for new books though.

Comment

Originally posted by Trippy View Post
          Could really do with a release schedule for new books though.
          Probably have to write them first.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Probably have to write them first.
            Well, that’s the thing. While it appreciable that Onyx Path continue to support V5, we do need the main publisher to put in some support for the WoD line as a whole. I mean, is it still a guarantee that we are getting Werewolf 5 this year? What about The Second Inquisition? What other exciting planned releases are there? WoD games need support.

Comment

Well, that’s the thing. While it appreciable that Onyx Path continue to support V5, we do need the main publisher to put in some support for the WoD line as a whole. I mean, is it still a guarantee that we are getting Werewolf 5 this year? What about The Second Inquisition? What other exciting planned releases are there? WoD games need support.
              Not to conspiracy theory but everything I heard implies that Modiphius was fired for the fact that it wasn't putting out the material fast enough. Perhaps because, simultaneously, it somehow managed to put out its other material.

As I understand it for 2021 we have this to look forward to:

* Earthblood (released)
              * Cults of the Blood Gods and its three supplements (OPP--partially released)
              * Wraith the Oblivion VR Game
              * Vampire: The Masquerade: Swansong (Telltale-esque adventure game)
              * The Sabbat
              * The Second Inquisition
              * Update to Heart of the Forest
              * Update to Night Road
              * A Second Inquisition Visual Novel
              * A Camarilla Visual Novel
              Last edited by CTPhipps; 03-21-2021, 02:07 AM.

Comment

You realize these companies, just like Onyx Path, don't give a release schedule because that sets up an expectation and, when/if it gets missed, people go ballistic right?

Better to say 'here's what we're working on' and then give more info when it's closer to release.

Comment

Wait. Didn't the original printing of the V5 core rulebook cost over $60? And my copy sure doesn't come with a satin ribbon bookmark. It's also twice the page count of the other two supplements, yet it costs only $5 more? The first printings of the supplements were about $50 though. Something about this article needs fact checking, because the price points don't make much sense. Yes, you would want the main book to be more accessible, but how many would want to buy a supplement for only $5 less, but with half the page count?

THWarted

Comment

Originally posted by elmerg View Post

You realize these companies, just like Onyx Path, don't give a release schedule because that sets up an expectation and, when/if it gets missed, people go ballistic right?

Better to say 'here's what we're working on' and then give more info when it's closer to release.
                    Onyx Path does have a release schedule. Indeed, many companies do. Modiphius did - although they didn’t fulfill it. While I recognize that some fans get angry when schedules aren’t met, the other extreme is when companies give no indication that a game line will be supported at all, and fans drift on to other things.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
                      Not to conspiracy theory but everything I heard implies that Modiphius was fired for the fact that it wasn't putting out the material fast enough. Perhaps because, simultaneously, it somehow managed to put out its other material.
                      And from my point of view, there is nothing out there to suggest that Mophidius was the one at fault here.

It could be just as well that PDX was being too controlling on notes regarding the direction of V5 that made it difficult for Mophidius to work with them, thus prompting them to quit.

Comment

Originally posted by Toby Weingarten View Post
                        Wait. Didn't the original printing of the V5 core rulebook cost over $60? And my copy sure doesn't come with a satin ribbon bookmark. It's also twice the page count of the other two supplements, yet it costs only $5 more? The first printings of the supplements were about $50 though. Something about this article needs fact checking, because the price points don't make much sense. Yes, you would want the main book to be more accessible, but how many would want to buy a supplement for only $5 less, but with half the page count?
                        It makes perfect sense to me.

You sell the printer cheap so people will buy the printer cartridges expensively.

Comment

Working...
                        X