[V5] More Merits for More Flaws

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [V5] More Merits for More Flaws

I know that is how it worked in previous editions and as far as I know that is not how it works in V5, but I can't seem to find the relevant passages again.

Could you wonderful folks help me out?

There wouldn't be any passage saying you can't do it, there's just no rule that allows you to. Character creation describes gaining 7 points of Advantages and 2 points of Flaws at the start of the game (and then a modifier for age, if applicable to the game) and doesn't have any text letting you gain extras beyond that.

Comment

Originally posted by IllithidActivity View Post
      There wouldn't be any passage saying you can't do it, there's just no rule that allows you to. Character creation describes gaining 7 points of Advantages and 2 points of Flaws at the start of the game (and then a modifier for age, if applicable to the game) and doesn't have any text letting you gain extras beyond that.
      That's what I thought. I also did some more digging after writing this were one of the designers says no extra dots for extra flaws.

Comment

For better or worse, V5 works on the concept of omission. If it doesn't say you can do something, generally you can't. Also remember, no dots for the mandatory flaws, either. Just your 7 advantages, and 2 (or more for PT and age) points of required Flaws.

The only point where you get dots from flaws is in the Coterie Creation section, not during Character Creation.
        Last edited by elmerg; 03-21-2021, 09:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by elmerg View Post
          For better or worse, V5 works on the concept of omission. If it doesn't say you can do something, generally you can't. Also remember, no dots for the mandatory flaws, either. Just your 7 advantages, and 2 (or more for PT and age) points of required Flaws.

The only point where you get dots from flaws is in the Coterie Creation section, not during Character Creation.
          Thank you.

Comment

Working...
          X