Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Play Night Road for Free [legit]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Play Night Road for Free [legit]

    https://www.choiceofgames.com/vampir...de/night-road/

    Huh.

    Cool.

    Look at that.

    I was always fond of this game.


    Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

  • #2
    Been playing for an hour or so. Very fun. :-D

    Comment


    • #3
      Only the first four chapters are free.


      He/him

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
        Only the first four chapters are free.
        Boo!

        Well played, Choice of Games! Well played.


        Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

        Comment


        • #5
          Yeah, I was just starting to have fun, too. -_-


          He/him

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by TheCountAlucard View Post
            Yeah, I was just starting to have fun, too. -_-
            Its worth the purchase but BOO!



            Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

            Comment


            • #7
              It's interesting, but not enough for me to spend the $8 on.

              Comment


              • #8
                I enjoyed it! :-D On my 3rd playthrough right now. It's like a well ST'd game. There are consequences to recklessness or screw ups, giving an entertaining tension to various scenes, yet just enough plot armor to keep the story flowing.

                My only major complaint is:
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                Spoilers
                My only complaint is that there is no option to eat Julien. I really wanted to eat him by the end of my first playthough. Well, to be precise, at first I just wanted him to go away. Then I wanted to beat the hell out of him. Then I wanted to kill him. And finally, after the zillionth time he showed up and tried to recruit me yet again, I badly wanted to feel his soul slid down my throat and dissolve in my stomach acid. But there was never a "you're sick of his annoying grin and hearing the same sales pitch again and again. You pounce on him, rip out his throat, and guzzle down his soul. [STR+Combat]" option.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post
                  My only complaint is that there is no option to eat Julien. I really wanted to eat him by the end of my first playthough. Well, to be precise, at first I just wanted him to go away. Then I wanted to beat the hell out of him. Then I wanted to kill him. And finally, after the zillionth time he showed up and tried to recruit me yet again, I badly wanted to feel his soul slid down my throat and dissolve in my stomach acid. But there was never a "you're sick of his annoying grin and hearing the same sales pitch again and again. You pounce on him, rip out his throat, and guzzle down his soul. [STR+Combat]" option.
                  I wonder if there's a way to kill the Gangrel Elder at the lab in your combat with them. Even my most Twinked out psychotic build failed to kill her.


                  Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    I think she is intended to live regardless. I certainly haven't been able to kill her.

                    One thing that amused me on later playovers is Julian's scheme being very meta, i.e. making vampires the point-of-view main-characters in the public narrative. And he's sort of right: we do root for the main character even when (s)he's evil. And the public DOES give cops tremendous benefit of the doubt, even when them being evil is captured on camera.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post
                      I think she is intended to live regardless. I certainly haven't been able to kill her.

                      One thing that amused me on later playovers is Julian's scheme being very meta, i.e. making vampires the point-of-view main-characters in the public narrative. And he's sort of right: we do root for the main character even when (s)he's evil. And the public DOES give cops tremendous benefit of the doubt, even when them being evil is captured on camera.
                      Also, the game has Julian's secret formula be, "Turns you into someone who becomes obscenely powerful very quickly due to being a PC."


                      Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        How do I regain willpower? I've got aggs that I can't heal because I'm out of willpower points. It can't be hard, because this is the only playthrough where this has happened. I must have been refilling them by accident in earlier games.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Well, I broke down and bought the game - this week I going to spend time waiting in waiting rooms where people wait and I wanted to kill time.

                          So, does anyone have tips or suggestions? Such as on how to actually get into the managers office at Saint Basil, or some other difficult bit of business.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
                            Well, I broke down and bought the game - this week I going to spend time waiting in waiting rooms where people wait and I wanted to kill time.

                            So, does anyone have tips or suggestions? Such as on how to actually get into the managers office at Saint Basil, or some other difficult bit of business.
                            The important thing is to make sure you keep the Skill lists on as you'll always have a way to get into a place if you know what your skills are and mix them with your Attributes.

                            Also, always feed regularly. Probably with Bagged Blood if you can.

                            Disciplines are very overpowered as a general rule and will get you out of most problems.


                            Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Yes, I played a social Gangrel and my Protean would wreck shop even though I was a wimp.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X