Play Night Road for Free [legit]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...e__Night_Road/

"Secrets and Shadows" unlocks five new clans, a new Discipline, and two sets of variant powers to explore. Play as five new clans:

• The monstrously deformed information brokers of Clan Nosferatu
    • The ruthless schemers of Clan Lasombra
    • The tempters of the Ministry, purveyors of vice and enlightenment
    • The doomed Ravnos, a nearly-extinct clan now cursed to wander the world
    • The necromancer-gangsters of the Giovanni family, members of Clan Hecata

Then unleash brand-new powers:

• Wield stygian shadows with the powers of Oblivion
    • Conjure intricate hallucinations with the Ravnos art of Chimerstry
    • Master the serpent-shapeshifting Protean powers of The Ministry

Finally, uncover the treasures and horrors of a whole new mission: the fetter of a powerful ghost has just gone up for auction and every vampire faction in Tucson wants it. Will you help the necromancers of Clan Hecata claim the ghost for themselves, or work with the Camarilla to thwart a dangerous alliance of the unbound? Along the way, you'll have the chance to bid on (or steal) priceless occult artifacts, tangle with the dead and the undead, and either foster a new alliance or dash it to pieces.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

The "Secrets and Shadows" expansion offers additional plot elements and powers. Does the expansion with the Tremere and Caitiff, "Usurpers and Outcasts" offer additional plot elements? I know blood sorcery is a power in "Secrets and Shadows" so I don't see any additional powers coming in. But it could offer more story.

On a related note, how many stories are in the game. One's I know of include;
      • St. Basil
      • Tremere Genetics
      • Immigrant Prison Blood Camp
      • Ukranian Mobsters
      • Vampire hunters hunting Ministry vampires
      • Dealing with a crazy mage
      • A night club in Dallas
      • Ruins of a sinister research facility
      • Dealing with an insane wight elder
      • An auction the Hecata want a part of
      • A show down with a motor-mouthed vampire and the prince of the city.

Are there others?

Comment

Ah, dammit, I bought the basic game directly, not via Steam. Would I have to buy it again on Steam to get "Secrets and Shadows"?

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
          The "Secrets and Shadows" expansion offers additional plot elements and powers. Does the expansion with the Tremere and Caitiff, "Usurpers and Outcasts" offer additional plot elements? I know blood sorcery is a power in "Secrets and Shadows" so I don't see any additional powers coming in. But it could offer more story.

On a related note, how many stories are in the game. One's I know of include;
          • St. Basil
          • Tremere Genetics
          • Immigrant Prison Blood Camp
          • Ukranian Mobsters
          • Vampire hunters hunting Ministry vampires
          • Dealing with a crazy mage
          • A night club in Dallas
          • Ruins of a sinister research facility
          • Dealing with an insane wight elder
          • An auction the Hecata want a part of
          • A show down with a motor-mouthed vampire and the prince of the city.

Are there others?
          There's the final showdown with the Second Inquisition in the Prince's place. My canon ending is that my character abandons Julian and the Prince both.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Having played the game several times, I'm not sure I'm up for another. If anyone plays the Hecata mission, would you share what it's like?

Comment

The Hecata mission is a bit different than the other missions in that you choose to play one of two sides. The Hecata want to get an item up for auction. They Camarilla in the city want to keep the item out of Hecata hands. The player chooses which side to help. If you help the Hecata you end up sabotaging the Camarilla efforts and working as a getaway driver. If the player chooses to help the Camarilla you go into the auction and bid the price of the item up, and deal with a ghost. The Hecata offer Hecata disciplines as a bribe, a Lasombra offers Lasombra disciplines as a bribe. I liked it more than the Biodome Zero chapter.

Comment

The Hecata mission probably offers the best opportunity to play a necromancer. Oblivion in this expansion is functionally obtenebration in most cases i.e. moving shadows for stealth and intimidation, shadow arms and shadow stepping. One of the outcomes of this mission is leaving with a fetter and that can be used to compel its ghost to the PC's service. I haven't tried that and I'm guessing the result is similar to having a ghoul. I believe that you have to side with the Camarilla, against the Hecata NPC, to accomplish this, because she needs that ghost for another purpose.

The mission's full of cameos. Two potential sires for the newly playable clan are involved with each side. Also, you get to meet Aliette one of PC's optional friends from character creation, previously name dropped among the bigwigs in Dallas. That might not sound very significant, but I think that her starting background is one of the easiest in the game (it confers various social skills and intelligence). If you chose another one, she's remarkably rude to the PC; I appreciated seeing that side of her for the first time.

Comment

A couple of questions;

1. Is there a way to kill Elin Olivecrona, or D'Espine? I ask because it is possible to kill Invidia Caul, Edouard Alice Rivière-Cladel Chambet, Pattermuster, and to fight and injure Lampago.

2. What is the quickest way to confront Lampago at the BioDome?

3. Has anyone else given their character a juvenile name, like Sex God or something (Prince Luttow: I need you, Sex God)? Anyone? I'm asking for a friend....

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
                    A couple of questions;

1. Is there a way to kill Elin Olivecrona, or D'Espine?
                    You can kill Elin apparently by blowing up her car. I don't know how, though.

Comment

Working...
                    X