This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [V5] Upcoming Projects

I thought we'd have a thread to discuss the various upcoming projects and products that we have to look forward to from White Wolf.

Onyx Path

* Cults of the Blood Gods: Mostly out, we're hopefully going to get our hardback copies at any point now for those of us who backed it. It seems available for everyone who wants to purchase a copy now, though.

UPDATE 4/1/2021: Finally sent off in physical form to Backers.

* Children of the Blood: The book of NPCs that will basically be serving as 5th Edition's version of Children of the Inquisition. I'm very excited about that one and am eager to see what they've come up with. It seems fairly close to completion but "fairly close" is a nebulous term.

UPDATE 4/1/2021: It is now available to Backers in PDF format.

* Trail of Ash and Bone: This is sort of a sequel to LET THE STREETS RUN RED and will have four Hecata and Blood Cult related Chronicles. It's art has just been sent in for approval.

* Forbidden Religions: The extended material for Cults of the Blood Gods' blood cults with a whole bunch of new ones ranging from Golconda cults to the Infermal. I'm very impressed with the writers.

White Wolf

* The Sabbat: Don't know much about this one other than it has been very hotly anticipated and is being written by Justin Achilli. It will also contain information on the Paths of Enlightenment.

* Second Inquisition: We know even less about this but I am hoping for big things from this one. Fingers crossed for an update of William Shepard.

Comic Books

* Winter's Teeth: The comic has been renewed as an ongoing due to high sales for the first 5 issues. Hopefully, it will continue on for a long time yet.

Audiobooks

* Walk Among Us: Being released on May 5th in non-audiobook format.

* Novels: The Clan Novels, Dark Age Clan Novels, and Grail Covenant will remain with Crossroad Press for the time being.

Video Games

* Bloodlines 2: We don't know what the situation is there but hopefully the new developers will try to finish what was already done.

* Night Road: A new Hecate adventure and expansion has been released!

* Swangsong: A Telltale-like adventure game where you are three vampires involved in a plot to take over the city of Boston just after it merges its domain with a number of surrounding territories.

* Out for Blood: A Choice of Games sequel to Night Road, except you're one of the Second Inquisition on a mission to slay as many vampires as possible...or become one.

* Coteries of New York/Shadows of New York: They just released the soundtrack on vinyl. They've also got plans to release this on physical disc in stores.

* Parliament of Knives: A Choice of Games political game of high stakes and Camarilla fru-fruness.

Board Games

* Chapters: They just received a bunch more pledges to continue development and are apparently continuing on with development.
    Last edited by CTPhipps; 04-01-2021, 05:21 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Thank you for this posting. I am most interested in the S.I. book and then the Sabbat book. For the other books I will wait for the reviews. And I'm going to look up the soundtracks to Coteries of New York/Shadows of New York.

Comment

A collection of trailers that I think folk will enjoy:

Bloodlines 2 trailer (Defunct or not)

Next Generation Trailer

Gameplay Trailer

Swangsong

Out for Blood

Parliament of Knives

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Don't forget the ongoing Winter's Teeth comic book from Vault. Also, the is a collection of short fiction called Walk Among Us coming out May 4. I think they were originally in audio, but I don't have the information nearby to give the details.

THWarted

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
          I thought we'd have a thread to discuss the various upcoming projects and products that we have to look forward to from White Wolf.

Onyx Path

* The Sabbat: Don't know much about this one other than it has been very hotly anticipated and is being written by Justin Achilli. It will also contain information on the Paths of Enlightenment.
          Mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I want the Sabbat back as real canon sect. On the other hand, I've already got a solid homebrew version between my own headcanon and outstanding homebrew suppliments like the Long Road Out Of Hell. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N7z...ymRB7vteu/view and I am afraid the canon stuff will be inferior and be a bigger mess than having nothing but homebrew. I especially don't want a Sabbat who are nothing but Nephandi with the serial numbers filed off. I can't put into remotely polite language how little interest I have in that.

Comment

Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post

Mixed feelings about this. On the one hand I want the Sabbat back as real canon sect. On the other hand, I've already got a solid homebrew version between my own headcanon and outstanding homebrew suppliments like the Long Road Out Of Hell. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N7z...ymRB7vteu/view and I am afraid the canon stuff will be inferior and be a bigger mess than having nothing but homebrew. I especially don't want a Sabbat who are nothing but Nephandi with the serial numbers filed off. I can't put into remotely polite language how little interest I have in that.
            This is just a guess but I assume Achilli will mostly use Revised's Sabbat, that he created, as his basis.

Comment

This is just a guess but I assume Achilli will mostly use Revised's Sabbat, that he created, as his basis.
              I'm honestly fine with this. It's more the contortions to fit them into the new metaplot that will be a challenge. But I think Justin is our best shot to get that right.

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post

I'm honestly fine with this. It's more the contortions to fit them into the new metaplot that will be a challenge. But I think Justin is our best shot to get that right.
                I'll be amused if its just, "Okay, we're done in the Middle East now. What did we miss?"

Comment

I'll be amused if its just, "Okay, we're done in the Middle East now. What did we miss?"
                  I think the way to do it right is to provide a Sabbat with lots of options. If it's just that the whole Sabbat is fractured, with the only option being zealots in the Middle East or boogiemen in the States, that's boring. If there are all the options from Revised, plus some new options, that's good.

Comment

Originally posted by adambeyoncelowe View Post

I think the way to do it right is to provide a Sabbat with lots of options. If it's just that the whole Sabbat is fractured, with the only option being zealots in the Middle East or boogiemen in the States, that's boring. If there are all the options from Revised, plus some new options, that's good.
                    My hope is that it will be a Sabbat that doesn't just roll back every change but does give fans of the sect the option to do Paths of Enlightenment, playable Sabbat, and other matters. I want what the Anarchs got in a fully updated 5th Edition Sabbat.

Comment

The update for CULTS OF THE BLOOD GODS from James Bell has stated some interesting facts:

1. As delayed as it has been, the book is finally going out to its sponsors.

2. Its entirely possible Children of the Blood will be out to backers next month.

Comment

MONDAY UPDATE - March 29th, 2021

* V5 Cults of the Blood Gods – Printer finished, shipping to KS fulfillment shipper.

* Children of the Blood - Backer PDF out to backers this week, maybe.

Comment

CHILDREN OF THE BLOOD is now available for download from your Backerkit.

Comment

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1...e__Night_Road/

"Secrets and Shadows" unlocks five new clans, a new Discipline, and two sets of variant powers to explore. Play as five new clans:

• The monstrously deformed information brokers of Clan Nosferatu
                            • The ruthless schemers of Clan Lasombra
                            • The tempters of the Ministry, purveyors of vice and enlightenment
                            • The doomed Ravnos, a nearly-extinct clan now cursed to wander the world
                            • The necromancer-gangsters of the Giovanni family, members of Clan Hecata

Then unleash brand-new powers:

• Wield stygian shadows with the powers of Oblivion
                            • Conjure intricate hallucinations with the Ravnos art of Chimerstry
                            • Master the serpent-shapeshifting Protean powers of The Ministry

Finally, uncover the treasures and horrors of a whole new mission: the fetter of a powerful ghost has just gone up for auction and every vampire faction in Tucson wants it. Will you help the necromancers of Clan Hecata claim the ghost for themselves, or work with the Camarilla to thwart a dangerous alliance of the unbound? Along the way, you'll have the chance to bid on (or steal) priceless occult artifacts, tangle with the dead and the undead, and either foster a new alliance or dash it to pieces.

Comment

So is there a kickstarter for the Sabbat book?

Comment

Working...
                              X