Tyler’s anarch legend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyler’s anarch legend

Hi everyone, there is one thing I don't understand about Patricia de Bollingbroke/Tyler. I have not found the answer to my question on the forum despite the large number of posts in which her name is mentioned.

Patricia de Bolllingbroke fled to Cartagena in 1493 after her failure at the convention of thorns. It was not until 1900 that she took the name of her former lover Tyler. Since then she has used this alias to make herself forgotten.
    So, I wonder how the name "Tyler" can be a legend for the Anarch movement.

You are likely correct and simply found a discrepancy. That happens a lot when someone decides to reference older material, but rely on their memory rather than rereading the original description. Patricia of Bollingbroke should be the Anarch legend.

Now having said that, I don't know where this idea of "Tyler" being the legend comes from. I assume its from one of the newer V20 or V5 materials? Has it become known that Tyler is Patricia?

Comment

Yes I always saw it that way too but it seems that in V5 Tyler is a legend. I also don't know what happened between V20 and V5. Hence my question.

Comment

Originally posted by Richard View Post
        Hi everyone, there is one thing I don't understand about Patricia de Bollingbroke/Tyler. I have not found the answer to my question on the forum despite the large number of posts in which her name is mentioned.

Patricia de Bolllingbroke fled to Cartagena in 1493 after her failure at the convention of thorns. It was not until 1900 that she took the name of her former lover Tyler. Since then she has used this alias to make herself forgotten.
        So, I wonder how the name "Tyler" can be a legend for the Anarch movement.
        Probably because she was identified as Patricia Bollingbrook and the story was spread by Anarchs post 1900. Almost all Anarchs today were born after that year.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

What always confused me about Tyler is we have someone who is one of THE Anarchs, having killed Hardestadt the Elder and (maybe) kicking off the Anarch Revolt. Which eventually led to the formation of the Sabbat. Anarchs love her, but she is also, paradoxically, killed Procet, who was SUPPORTING the Anarchs, committed Diablerie, and then ascended to become a Camarilla Primogen.

As to the original question...reading Chicago by Night (1e) again, we're told that she was hanging out with some "Kindred who believed vampires should wipe out their tormentors and take a move obvious role in human society". Then it says "She took the name Tyler...and believes that NO ONE KNOWS of her past as one of the early powers in the Sabbat. A few know, but they keep the secret until a time of need".

This implies that Patricia is the legendary Anarch that slew Hardetsadt the Elder, not this Tyler chick. Unless at some point Tyler said "oh by the way, IT WAS ME, hahaha!" I don't see how she has this rep. In fact, she shouldn't, because her background even says she was fleeing Archons before she made her way to the new world, and it's only because "Patricia" is probably believed to be dead that she wasn't the first vampire on the Red List!

Comment

Originally posted by Lynceus View Post
            What always confused me about Tyler is we have someone who is one of THE Anarchs, having killed Hardestadt the Elder and (maybe) kicking off the Anarch Revolt. Which eventually led to the formation of the Sabbat. Anarchs love her, but she is also, paradoxically, killed Procet, who was SUPPORTING the Anarchs, committed Diablerie, and then ascended to become a Camarilla Primogen.

As to the original question...reading Chicago by Night (1e) again, we're told that she was hanging out with some "Kindred who believed vampires should wipe out their tormentors and take a move obvious role in human society". Then it says "She took the name Tyler...and believes that NO ONE KNOWS of her past as one of the early powers in the Sabbat. A few know, but they keep the secret until a time of need".

This implies that Patricia is the legendary Anarch that slew Hardetsadt the Elder, not this Tyler chick. Unless at some point Tyler said "oh by the way, IT WAS ME, hahaha!" I don't see how she has this rep. In fact, she shouldn't, because her background even says she was fleeing Archons before she made her way to the new world, and it's only because "Patricia" is probably believed to be dead that she wasn't the first vampire on the Red List!
            Essentially this was the blackmail material that the Sabbat held above her head in the Second Edition of Chicago by Night. The Sabbat, of course, know that Patricia Bollingbrook and Tyler are one in the same. That was how they compelled her to assist them despite the fact that she has absolutely no interest in supporting the Sabbat. The Sabbat probably had orders to either convert her to the sect by force (perhaps burning her bridges) or kill her.

The thing is, as we see with the Anarch's sudden bridge burning with the Camarilla, the Sabbat's leverage is gone. They might have revealed it to the world and all that means is she's gone from being a random Elder in Chicago to being ONE OF THE GREATEST HEROES OF THE BRUJAH.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Never no mind that she murdered an Anarch sympathizer and became a Camarilla Primogen, right? The hypocrisy doesn't really surprise me, especially when you consider that Helena was pulling Tyler's strings.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Essentially this was the blackmail material that the Sabbat held above her head in the Second Edition of Chicago by Night. The Sabbat, of course, know that Patricia Bollingbrook and Tyler are one in the same. That was how they compelled her to assist them despite the fact that she has absolutely no interest in supporting the Sabbat. The Sabbat probably had orders to either convert her to the sect by force (perhaps burning her bridges) or kill her.

The thing is, as we see with the Anarch's sudden bridge burning with the Camarilla, the Sabbat's leverage is gone. They might have revealed it to the world and all that means is she's gone from being a random Elder in Chicago to being ONE OF THE GREATEST HEROES OF THE BRUJAH.
                That make sense to me.

Thank you all for your answers.

Comment

Working...
                X