Malkavians and heterochromia

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Malkavians and heterochromia

How do you think, did malkavian female protagonist have heterochromia before her Embrace or this is consequence of malkavian blood, or even impact of her sire?
    Interestingly, heterochromia seems to be common among malkavian females. Jeanette also has heterochromia (Therese, however, hasn't), as well as Malkavian character from VTM Swansong - https://i.imgur.com/kMSS0xt.png.
    Last edited by trueann; 04-07-2021, 04:38 PM.

Originally posted by trueann View Post
    How do you tihk, did malkavian female protagonist have heterochromia before her Embrace or this is consequence of malkavian blood, or even impact of her sire?
    Interestingly, heterochromia seems to be common among malkavian females. Jeanette also has heterochromia (Therese, however, hasn't), as well as Malkavian character from VTM Swansong - https://i.imgur.com/kMSS0xt.png.
    I think it's a nice visual striking image for characters who are one thing and another. Though in the case of canon, I'd just take the boring answer that the eyes helped attract their sires.

Another one is that they're using Obfuscate subtlety.

But anything is possible in your games.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Another one is that they're using Obfuscate subtlety.
      Or contacts.

What is tolerance? It is the consequence of humanity. We are all formed of frailty and error; let us pardon reciprocally each other's folly. That is the first law of nature.
      Voltaire, "Tolerance" (1764)

Comment

My No Prize answer for heterochromia appearing in Malkavian Kindred would either be 1.) it’s a manifestation of their inherent connections to the Malkavian Cobweb (the most likely in my opinion) or 2.) the appearance of heterochromia is carried in Jacob/Esau’s “bloodline” (much less likely, but still possible as the Protagonist is at least 8th Generation, we know Jacob/Esau are involved in Jeanette and Therese’s Embrace, and we don’t know a lot of information about Leysha yet).

Comment

Originally posted by trueann View Post
          How do you think, did malkavian female protagonist have heterochromia before her Embrace or this is consequence of malkavian blood, or even impact of her sire?
          Jeanette does not have heterochromia.

Comment

ehm, left eye is azure, and the right one is green...so I'd say...yes she has heterochromia?

Comment

Teresse does not. It's contacts or obfuscate.

I don't know about goths because I'm young and sweet, but I don't think i'm stepping to far outa line to say malks and goths probably overlap slightly more than goths and other clans (maybe Toreador compete?). an odd contact isn't entirely uncommon among goths.
              Last edited by MyWifeIsScary; 04-08-2021, 11:17 AM.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
              There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                Is there a reason it couldn’t just be naturally occurring heterochromia that has nothing to do with being a vampire? Like CTPhipps said, it may have been a trait that appealed to her sire

Check out my expansion to the Realm of Brass and Shadow

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                  Why are you so sure? It is possible that color just chages when Jeanette is in control. It is malkavian blood, after all.

Comment

Mental illness does not cause funky eyes. Magic in WoD generally follows the path of least resistance; fancy light shows don't appear everytime you cast a spell, you just cast a spell. With this in mind, why would a magical malkavian weakness, which effects purely the mind, have physical characteristics to tell everyone somethings happening? Side-effects like paradadox and formori ugliness are side-effects for useful, possitive powers that go against nature, while the Malkavian weakness is itself a negative item that isn't going to manifest an additional negative item to balance it out. Especially since vampires generally are physically static creatures that, outside of the ups and downs of paths, the paleness of age, and a few other outliers generally resist appearance changes that occur after the first week or so of being embraced. Heterochromia isn't a fucking novelty malkavian trick, and as a clan that specializes in obfuscate and auspex and is filled with people hiding debilitating mental illnesses, it's unfitting for them to have a physical marker that to advertise that they're the crazy ones and they're so crazy that sometimes their eye colour changes. The more I think of it, the more I positively loath the idea. (It could be a Maeghar mark, but strange stigmas are literally the defined weakness of Maeghar, because their whole deal is that everyone sees them as 'other'. Go play Maeghar if you really want to push this idea. A Tremere with an Arcane curse might also work)

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Just found out about Lord Theron - Malkavian from GC-2, whose eyes are described as bicolored.

Comment

Working...
                      X