Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Roles Do You Think The Tzimisce Fill In The Anarch Movement?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
    Important note: Guide to the Camarilla not only pointed out that the Lasombra Antitribu were a thing as it also squarely stated that Tzimisce Antitribu weren't, but the reasoning behind it tells a lot about the sect question.

The book states that it will be surprising if the Tzimisce in the Cam are half a dozen, insufficient to call that an antitribu, and they're probably in the sect just for a temporary goal and then go independent.

Although it outright meant that there was no plans on making canonical Cam Tzimisce characters, that also meant:
    - Lasombra in the Cam were a sizable enough presence;
    - Tzimisce in the Cam existed;
    - It was not that hard to enter, otherwise such temporary memberships wouldn't be possible;
    - Probably isn't 100%, so any exception would still be valid in lore.
    Yeah, the Lasombra Revised book gave some insights into the Lasombra Antitribu and said they were a thing.

2nd Edition was much more, "They don't exist and we hunt them everywhere they're found."

I think a huge chunk of the Antitribu's popularity also came from the introduction of Lucita before they decided to make her a stereotypical Lasombra because the Signature character shouldn't be unique.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
      I think a huge chunk of the Antitribu's popularity also came from the introduction of Lucita before they decided to make her a stereotypical Lasombra because the Signature character shouldn't be unique.
      I'm sure Lucita was taken by a C:tL's True Fae and that thing is a fetch.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
      #AutismPride
      She/her pronouns

Comment

So I was looking up some Tzimisce in the lore to confirm my view of how they can fit into the Anarchs and i think I found some:

Daliah who was a a Sabbat blood doll turned Anarch from Miami.

Dr. Vermundo de Sancha who is extremely protective of his patients who he considers under his protection and fully abides by the hippocratic oath.

Ilyana Dmitju hunter of nazis and skinheads and protector of Roma people.

Ratti-Ben revolutionary and champion of the downtrodden and lower caste people of India.

Zachary Sikorsky a non-binary person who was an active part of the New York queer community.

Comment

I like how everyone's answer to how a Tzimisce would fit into the Anarchs was to perpetuate existing archetypes - in effect trying to cram the Tzimisce as they've always been portrayed into a new sect - rather than asking why a Tzimisce being different might lean them towards the Anarchs.

I understand that it might just be me, a perennial Soft Boi who just wants people to get along, but when I thought of why a Tzimisce might join the Anarchs, my mind leapt to "because they're less evil and more social, and want a sect that rewards that". If not actually being high Humanity, then wanting to be. Or otherwise not having the retiring personality typical of Tzimisce, and actually wanting to mingle.

There are doubtless tons of Cainites embraced into the Sabbat for whom little could be more unbearable or personally repulsive. The Sabbat embrace scores of vampires just as cannon fodder. Over a long enough time frame, some of the ones for whom the Sabbat ethos is a poor fit will manage to survive their initial suicide mission. And, rather than being broken by all the systemic attempts to make them conform to Sabbat attitudes, only grow more convinced that the sect sucks and they should leave. Whether they end up being stuck there, suffering in silence, until their Vinculum chances to be broken on its own, or whether they duck out early enough that they can resist its effects, they get out and look for any alternative.

Since the Camarilla is the Camarilla, with all that this implies, many such Cainites might end up going to the Anarchs by default. It provides freedom, the attempts at egalitarianism, a resistance to Elder control, and no expectation that you go around committing atrocities for any or no reason.

Are the Anarchs the ideal sect for this? No. Do they always live up to their lofty goals? Hell no. But it's a much better fit any most every other sect.

An Anarch Tzimisce is the most likely of any of their Clan to break with convention about being reclusive serial killers and amoral scientists/artists of flesh. Which leaves room for exploring what a flesh-crafting vampire would be like if you DON'T assume from the outset they must be evil.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluecho View Post
            I like how everyone's answer to how a Tzimisce would fit into the Anarchs was to perpetuate existing archetypes - in effect trying to cram the Tzimisce as they've always been portrayed into a new sect - rather than asking why a Tzimisce being different might lean them towards the Anarchs.

I understand that it might just be me, a perennial Soft Boi who just wants people to get along, but when I thought of why a Tzimisce might join the Anarchs, my mind leapt to "because they're less evil and more social, and want a sect that rewards that". If not actually being high Humanity, then wanting to be. Or otherwise not having the retiring personality typical of Tzimisce, and actually wanting to mingle.

There are doubtless tons of Cainites embraced into the Sabbat for whom little could be more unbearable or personally repulsive. The Sabbat embrace scores of vampires just as cannon fodder. Over a long enough time frame, some of the ones for whom the Sabbat ethos is a poor fit will manage to survive their initial suicide mission. And, rather than being broken by all the systemic attempts to make them conform to Sabbat attitudes, only grow more convinced that the sect sucks and they should leave. Whether they end up being stuck there, suffering in silence, until their Vinculum chances to be broken on its own, or whether they duck out early enough that they can resist its effects, they get out and look for any alternative.

Since the Camarilla is the Camarilla, with all that this implies, many such Cainites might end up going to the Anarchs by default. It provides freedom, the attempts at egalitarianism, a resistance to Elder control, and no expectation that you go around committing atrocities for any or no reason.

Are the Anarchs the ideal sect for this? No. Do they always live up to their lofty goals? Hell no. But it's a much better fit any most every other sect.

An Anarch Tzimisce is the most likely of any of their Clan to break with convention about being reclusive serial killers and amoral scientists/artists of flesh. Which leaves room for exploring what a flesh-crafting vampire would be like if you DON'T assume from the outset they must be evil.

I agree. I think of all the clans the Tzimisce are the most pigeon holed by players. That's why I've tried to show examples of characters in the lore that don't quite conform to the stereotype while also still being part of the clan archetype.

But I have a question for anybody who can answer. What do people think of the Children of the Dracon being some of the Tzimisce that came over to the Anarchs post the Sabbat collapse? I know they are cool with Thin Bloods and are the ones to disobey the Elders the most. Also, since they follow the Dream of Constantinoble, they might have common cause with the Anarch dream of Carthage? But to clarify my knowlage of Constantinople is woefully lacking so I have no idea if that works.

Comment

Working...
            X