Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storytellers Vault is opening to Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition

From the site;
    Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition is coming to Storytellers Vault!

This month, Storytellers Vault is opening to Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition (V5) - which means that you can publish your V5 materials starting from October 15th.
    This download includes all of the Word and Indesign files, fonts, and graphics to create products in the style of Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition for the Storytellers Vault community content program.
    For more information on creating and publishing your own Vampire: The Masquerade 5th Edition supplements, be sure to review the Content Guidelines and FAQ.
    https://support.storytellersvault.co...ontent-Program
    So, I think my next RPG project will be making a V5 version of Hunger from Beyond and Inn Between Worlds.

NOOOOOO!

Now I will have to make my own supplements and I do not have time.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I feel conflicted.

I'm glad that SV is going to be available to everyone. But I'm deeply worried all the writers that have been producing such excellent VtM books for the Vault so far are all going to switch to V5 and I'll be getting no more books....

Comment

Seeing as I haven't read V5 and there's not a Dark Ages V5, I am not seeing myself switching any time soon.

Freelance Writer and Storyteller's Vault contributor. Find my work here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/ind...liate_id=17903

Comment

Originally posted by Jackob View Post
          Seeing as I haven't read V5 and there's not a Dark Ages V5, I am not seeing myself switching any time soon.
          Your stuff is awesome. Got em all.

Comment

Pretty sure somebody will finally do a bloody write up on playing Sabbat and paths. Maybe someone will clean up Oblivion as well hopefully. So that's good.
            Last edited by Ragged Robin; 10-02-2021, 05:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragged Robin View Post
              Pretty sure somebody will finally do a bloody write up on playing Sabbat and paths. Maybe someone will clean up Oblivion as well hopefully. So that's good.
              I was thinking the same thing, and we could get V5 Blood Brothers and other things cut from the Sabbat book.

Comment

For me, I’d want to see Thinbloods and Dhampirs that actually work like they did in v20 vs. the “no disciplines/thinblood alchemy” stuff. I like the concept of streamlining systems, but the parts of the game I enjoyed in prior editions are either absent or retconned into something unrecognizable.

The Vault sounds like it could be a great opportunity for the RPG equivalent of “fixfics.”

Comment

Originally posted by Chris24601 View Post
                  For me, I’d want to see Thinbloods and Dhampirs that actually work like they did in v20 vs. the “no disciplines/thinblood alchemy” stuff. I like the concept of streamlining systems, but the parts of the game I enjoyed in prior editions are either absent or retconned into something unrecognizable.

The Vault sounds like it could be a great opportunity for the RPG equivalent of “fixfics.”
                  Yeah thinblood alchemy isn't very interesting in my experiance of it. I tend to just put hard cap on disciplines at 3 for thinbloods and 1 for dhampirs in v20 and dhampirs can learn regular sorcery.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post
                    I feel conflicted.

I'm glad that SV is going to be available to everyone. But I'm deeply worried all the writers that have been producing such excellent VtM books for the Vault so far are all going to switch to V5 and I'll be getting no more books....
                    Hahahahaha fuck no. I've got a manuscript the size of Texas. I might humour V5, but never switch, and I imagine that's the attitude of a lot of V20 creators.

I think this could go either way. On one hand, V5 is a... *diplomatic mode* devisive product. So it might get less books because anyone hardcore enough to be on Storyteller's vault is probably going to have a preference for the older material. On the other hand, because V5 is such an absolute... *diplomatic mode* artistic experiment filled to the brim with bold and exciting choices. There's lots of room for people to write fixes equally bold and exciting changes!

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

I'll probably do a book about my Adventure Hooks on the cheap. 99c or so.

I'll also maybe do a book about Storytelling tips to do a consistent and well-written V5 setting.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                        Hahahahaha fuck no. I've got a manuscript the size of Texas. I might humour V5, but never switch, and I imagine that's the attitude of a lot of V20 creators.

I think this could go either way. On one hand, V5 is a... *diplomatic mode* devisive product. So it might get less books because anyone hardcore enough to be on Storyteller's vault is probably going to have a preference for the older material. On the other hand, because V5 is such an absolute... *diplomatic mode* artistic experiment filled to the brim with bold and exciting choices. There's lots of room for people to write fixes equally bold and exciting changes!
                        I Imagine theirs quite a cottage industry of transferring stuff over. The obvious one being unique disciplines and blood magics.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragged Robin View Post

I Imagine theirs quite a cottage industry of transferring stuff over. The obvious one being unique disciplines and blood magics.
                          Something else to ponder is, "How much of your setting material would work in either edition?" Because I could easily see "X by Night" with all the detailed setting material and then the NPCs with stat blocks for both V20 and V5 because that's not THAT much extra room, but makes it marketable to both sets of players.

Comment

We’re supposed to be finally starting our V5 game in two weeks so I might check out some of the new content.

Comment

Hooray! We may get an unofficial V5.5!

Comment

Working...
                              X