What cosmic horror do you want?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cosmic horror do you want?

So I will be revising Hunger from Beyond, my ST Vault book about including cosmic horror in VtM. The new version of the book will be for V5.

What kind of cosmic horror do you want? What is the strangest thing to happen in one of your games?

I've never seen the subject touched upon in Vampire, but I love the idea.

A request list off the top of my head:

Storyteller tips on avoiding revealing so much that the mystery disappears; how to emphasize the horror of feeling small in a vast, dark universe.

Tips on translating existing Umbral entities from other game lines into Vampire game mechanics, with examples unless there are legal issues.

Blood Sorcery for vampiric Nephandi cultists.

A chapter on E Division, the Camarilla's own X Files department.
    Last edited by Reasor; 10-09-2021, 03:36 AM.

Comment

For more cosmic horror I lean towards embracing some of the Vampire-adjacent elements like Mummy (2e, not the revised reboot), Wraith and also Banes/Fomori reimagined as more Egyptian/Middle-Eastern/Hindu demonic entities and really highlight that Vampires are NOT actually the oldest evil in the world and may even be fairly low on the actual pecking order.

Comment

Honestly, I've always loved the Tzimisce extradimentional parasite stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Reasor View Post
          A chapter on E Division, the Camarilla's own X Files department.
          I've already included everything else you mentioned. But this, E Division, is good and not something I had thought of. Thanks.

Originally posted by Jonny View Post
          Honestly, I've always loved the Tzimisce extradimentional parasite stuff
          I reference this in the book.

Comment

In my own V20 Chronicle, the players have encountered malevolent spirits (Banes), and even visited a Sorcerer's Demesne in the Umbra (though they lacked any context to understand where or what this nightmarish dream-world was). I've chosen to focus on borrowed bits of Werewolf/Mage cosmology, with Wyrm Banes taking the role of evil outsiders contacted and summoned by Infernalists (taking the place of Demons, which I've chosen to ignore). The form, names and lore surrounding these spirits will vary with the Sorcerous tradition and its mythology, but I slot them into the Spirit-Incarnae framework and give them a slant according to the Wyld/Weaver/Wyrm cosmology. [The players have yet to encounter any Kindred with Spiritus or Dur-An-Ki, but inasmuch as those Disciplines deal with Spirits powerful enough to have an identity and ego, those spirits would also fall under the Triat/Gaian rubric as well].
            Last edited by Ventrue Busboy; 10-14-2021, 02:26 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X