Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[News] Bloodlines 2 is NOT cancelled (but almost was)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [News] Bloodlines 2 is NOT cancelled (but almost was)

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/...radox-reveals/

Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2, the upcoming RPG from Paradox, was almost cancelled, according to a new interview with the company’s CEO Fredrik Wester. In an interview with Nyhetsbyrån Direkt (via Avanza), Wester revealed that as Paradox took control of the series from its previous developers, it almost scrapped the game completely.

“When we lifted the game from the original developer, we had a long review in case we should end the game or run it further,” he said. “Then we were actually prepared to close the production completely. But we got a ‘pitch’ that we thought was convincing enough to run. played on and we have very good hopes that it will be a good game that meets the players’ expectations.”

Paradox has yet to reveal which studio is now handling Bloodlines 2 development. However, Wester said that it is “a very reputable and talented developer”.
    In February, Paradox said it had delayed Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 out of 2021 and pulled development from studio Hardsuit Labs. It said it had chosen to delay the game’s release for the second time in six months due to disruptions on development caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

“We have also decided that Hardsuit Labs will no longer be leading the development of Bloodlines 2, and we have started a collaboration with a new studio partner to finish work on the game,” Paradox confirmed.

“This has been a difficult decision, but we are convinced that it is the right way forward to do the game justice.” In the Nyhetsbyrån Direkt interview, Wester also revealed that he’s interested to see how the game performs before investing more into the genre. “I would like to see how Bloodlines is received before we bet the next big money in the genre. There is a huge desire for good games in the role-playing game genre so I absolutely do not want to close any doors. But I would like to see what happens, what can we do and how Bloodlines is received “
    Last edited by CTPhipps; 10-15-2021, 01:00 AM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Comment

I quite like the depiction of the factions and not not getting a story with them would suck.

Comment

Originally posted by Ignithas View Post
        I quite like the depiction of the factions and not not getting a story with them would suck.
        Well it seems they're finishing the old game rather than making a new one.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I'm waiting patiently. Guess they were afraid of Cyberpunk at first, at second maby tehy compared the games and wanted better product, but the base of the game, the story is the mosty important thing and I hope they remember that,

Comment

Originally posted by werewolf43 View Post
            I'm waiting patiently. Guess they were afraid of Cyberpunk at first, at second maby tehy compared the games and wanted better product, but the base of the game, the story is the mosty important thing and I hope they remember that,
            According to Chris Avellone and Mitsoda, they were almost done when the owners decided to rip out all of Chris and Mitsoda's side content.

Which was...apparently all of it.

Comment

Why did they do that? If the plot was ready? So they are in the beginning of plot developing?

Comment

Originally posted by werewolf43 View Post
                Why did they do that? If the plot was ready? So they are in the beginning of plot developing?
                No one knows why and this happened at the start of 2020. It's what caused the complete derrailment of the time schedule.

https://chrisavellone.medium.com/wha...2-1ad557bf2284

Basically, at some point, they just threw out everything by both authors.

But it led to them not being ANYWHERE near done by the end of the year and Paradox shut it down.

Now they have started the project up again with someone pitching it.

COMPLETE RANDOM GUESS: I wouldn't be surprised if Obsidian is the studio offering to finish it.

Comment

Might as well be cancelled. IDK how you can salvage a game that went through so much shitfuckery. I have trouble believing the game can be good and profitable after all that.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                  There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                    Might as well be cancelled. IDK how you can salvage a game that went through so much shitfuckery. I have trouble believing the game can be good and profitable after all that.
                    A good way to start would be restoring what HSL removed.

Comment

I guess the current situation with VtM: Bloodlines 2 could be seen as symptomatic of the problems and issues that come up regularly in the video industry, with games becoming vaporware, being delayed, or coming out filled with errors or lacking in promised content. You'd think that after the decades the industry has been developing that there would be some assurances against this happening to important and long-awaited games.
                      After all, with all the media, information, and glimpses of gameplay, does not a developer make a promise to the gaming community that the game will be released? And there is a lot of money invested and a lot of money to be made. Not to mention the possible boost to the popularity and the future of the VtM and WoD setting. Seriously, out of all games, why did it had to happen to Bloodlines 2 ? :/

I do hope dearly that the game will be released, it will be great, and that the amazing Tremere quest giver Elif Parmak will stay in the game.

Comment

I find her off-putting. Attractive people don't wear that, and glowing purple eyes? Enough with your idealistic self insert; Can I hold onto my suspension of disbelief for just a moment, please.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                        There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

According to Chris Avellone and Mitsoda, they were almost done when the owners decided to rip out all of Chris and Mitsoda's side content.

Which was...apparently all of it.

That's a very paradox tier move considering their tendacy to brick their own content with buggy patches and dlc.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                            I find her off-putting. Attractive people don't wear that, and glowing purple eyes? Enough with your idealistic self insert; Can I hold onto my suspension of disbelief for just a moment, please.
                            if you're gonna take issue with would be atractive ppl having bad fashion sense because of muh imersion, you should stop hanging around make believe games for nerds

Comment

From what I have seen Elif Parmak is awesome- both in optical design and behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                              X