Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[News] Bloodlines 2 is NOT cancelled (but almost was)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archderd View Post
    if you're gonna take issue with would be atractive ppl having bad fashion sense because of muh imersion, you should stop hanging around make believe games for nerds
    You'd think Vampires would be all about blending in, not standing out. Gotta be thinking bout the long-term hunting strat at least.

IDK, Maybe sticking with one ultra-noticeble fashion for a few years and then switching for the radically different is a good way of pretending to be a completely different person. The glowing purple eyes, on the otherhand...

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
    There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
      I find her off-putting. Attractive people don't wear that, and glowing purple eyes? Enough with your idealistic self insert; Can I hold onto my suspension of disbelief for just a moment, please.
      Each onto their own, I guess.
      Maybe the purple eyes are a kind of supernatural detail she acquired. The Tremere might be more prone to this. Or it is just contact lenses.

Originally posted by Ignithas View Post
      From what I have seen Elif Parmak is awesome- both in optical design and behaviour.
      A beautiful Tremere Vampire dancing in a nightclub, and being a friendly quest giver in the gameplay demo...works great as an introduction to the game.

For persons who might play Bloodlines 2 while being unfamiliar with VtM (and the wider WoD) the Tremere might seem like a distant Clan. Thus it is nice to see a Tremere character introduced early.
      Last edited by Muad'Dib; 10-15-2021, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
        “I would like to see how Bloodlines is received before we bet the next big money in the genre. There is a huge desire for good games in the role-playing game genre so I absolutely do not want to close any doors. But I would like to see what happens, what can we do and how Bloodlines is received “[/I]
        This phrasing strikes me as interesting. They want to gauge the fan response to Bloodline 2 before the release of Bloodlines 2. I wonder how they plan to do that? Maybe by tracking interest on Reddit and Twitter. But that would not be very precise.

Comment

Might as well be cancelled. IDK how you can salvage a game that went through so much shitfuckery. I have trouble believing the game can be good and profitable after all that.
          Psychonauts 2

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post

This phrasing strikes me as interesting. They want to gauge the fan response to Bloodline 2 before the release of Bloodlines 2. I wonder how they plan to do that? Maybe by tracking interest on Reddit and Twitter. But that would not be very precise.
            I think this is more about other video games. Remember, Paradox has released multiple other V:TM and WOD video games. I assume they're saying, "We're not going to be working on Werewolf: The Apocalypse: The Game until after Bloodlines."

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

You'd think Vampires would be all about blending in, not standing out.
              How do you blend in a club?

Vampires live among their prey, sticking out is only a problem depending on context and hunting strategy.

IF she's hunting.

And the glowing purple eyes pass as contact lenses even if they're not, but they're a nice way to highlight the character in a game.

I think this is more about other video games. Remember, Paradox has released multiple other V:TM and WOD video games. I assume they're saying, "We're not going to be working on Werewolf: The Apocalypse: The Game until after Bloodlines."
              Something like that, it was probably part of the pitch they received. The new partner promised several games in the style, they're getting this chance to show off.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
              #AutismPride
              She/her pronouns

Comment

You'd think Vampires would be all about blending in, not standing out. Gotta be thinking bout the long-term hunting strat at least.

IDK, Maybe sticking with one ultra-noticeble fashion for a few years and then switching for the radically different is a good way of pretending to be a completely different person. The glowing purple eyes, on the otherhand...
                I mean, obviously she's a sexy club owner to show she's a different kind of Tremere than the typical Toreador or Malkavian who runs such a place.

Also to show she's not a typical Tremere.

Not all of them dress like librarians or wizards.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I mean, obviously she's a sexy club owner to show she's a different kind of Tremere than the typical Toreador or Malkavian who runs such a place.

Exactly, she could very likely be a Tremere who has primarily high social traits on her character sheet.
                  Last edited by Muad'Dib; 10-16-2021, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Prior to v5 most of them dressed proffesional with a few occult references. I can't recall how they dress now but I recall the costume sketches in core were pretty distinctive.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragged Robin View Post
                      Prior to v5 most of them dressed proffesional with a few occult references. I can't recall how they dress now but I recall the costume sketches in core were pretty distinctive.
                      I hate the costume sketches in V5 core, for every single clan.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                      #AutismPride
                      She/her pronouns

Comment

Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
                        The ventrue one is alright but the rest are the bad the brujah look like eurotrash visiting a gay club they're not welcome at.
                        The nosfertu one looked this fashion show trash chique. They wernt even ugly.
                        Last edited by Ragged Robin; 10-16-2021, 08:54 AM.

Comment

The ventrue one is alright but the rest are the bad the brujah look like eurotrash visiting a gay club they're not welcome at.
                          The nosfertu one looked this fashion show trash chique. They wernt even ugly.
                          I would rather put the Ventrue as less stupid, but they sure are the best ones. All the other just shout "Fashion Week" to me, highly abstract and conceptual, no actual usefulness. They're not necessarily bad, although many are, but completely miss the point ad make the book all the worse just by being there.

To me the Gangrel and Malkavian try hard to be the more offensive, with the Gangrel being extra ugly and nonsensical, and the Malkavian being extra personal as I'm a mental patient myself.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                          #AutismPride
                          She/her pronouns

Comment

I especially like this Tremere picture from the first Clanbook, https://ibb.co/MsT1NGJ . Simple, unassuming, straightforward, and makes a good impression.
                            There is no indication in the book, but I think this is actually Inner Counsellor Thomas Wyncham. Very similar to https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/wh...20160104175543 , including the electricity-like effect (possibly it is from Path of the Levinbolt).

Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
                            The single pictures that usually accompany Clan descriptions seem more evocative to me than the multitude that V5 gives. And in general, the pre-V5 art seems much more characterful.
                            Last edited by Muad'Dib; 10-21-2021, 12:54 AM.

Comment

I assume you dress for your profession and Elif's is "sexy bartender."

Comment

And now I'm imagining bloodninja as a Tremere. Sort of fitting, I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                                X