Demiplane announces WOD5 digital platform

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demiplane announces WOD5 digital platform

Coming 2022 from the creators of DnD Beyond, and Pathfinder Nexus "World of Darkness Nexus" will offer rulebooks and lore compendiums, PC management, Session management tools and even a Roll20-like voice option, supporting V5, W5 and H5

Who else is thrilled? The adoption of CHRONICA-style features and of in-built voice and video options is definitely interesting.

I'm curios about rules and lore compendium, WOD books are usually different in format from D&D rulebooks and adventure books: will we buy "Chicago by Night", unlocking rules and a library of NPCs, or will we have native contents?

I'm happy, I really liked the PC and Chronicle management option of the " New, Old" World of Darkness website whicj were scrapped after Paradox absorbed WW again
    This looks like that idea on steroids: I hope we get also support for LARPs.

Official trailer: https://youtu.be/F8T-PJVWO_8

A piece of news: https://www.geeknative.com/136729/wo...lf-and-hunter/

As it won't be supporting any of the WoD games I play, I guess my reaction is somewhere between happiness for the X5 fans and bitterness that we never got anything like this for the 20th lines.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post
      As it won't be supporting any of the WoD games I play, I guess my reaction is somewhere between happiness for the X5 fans and bitterness that we never got anything like this for the 20th lines.
      Say what you will about Paradox but they are trying a lot of fun marketing things.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Comment

I can't imagine I'd get much millage out of it since I homebrew up v5 rules when I use it but I can see the advantage to new gms.
        Last edited by Ragged Robin; 11-18-2021, 06:05 AM.

Comment

I too tend to include a lot of homebrew into my games so I'm uncertain as to how useful this would be to me. If the system is set in stone I don't imagine I'll use it, but if it allows you to have a freer hand in how it rolls things then I might.

Comment

Only interested if we get Chronicles of Darkness and 20th support. And by try fun marketing things, Paradox is mostly selling parasocial relationships.
            Last edited by TyrannicalRabbit; 11-24-2021, 08:24 PM.

Not returning to the forums, just stopping in for a moment.

Comment

I personally never used Beyond, but got a huge mileage from Hero Lab. If they did this kind of partnership with Lone Wolf for HL off-line I'd probably buy it.

But I do agree with one thing here: they have the IP, they should open it also for X20 and CoD lines. I totally agree with this not being their main focus, but once the main structure exists there will be no reason not to.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
              #AutismPride
              She/her pronouns

Comment

Originally posted by Damian May View Post
                We had some good stuff...

But it went down for legal reasons.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

LOL every post on the announcement video is someone asking if it supports the 20th Anniversary Edition games.

Comment

Yeap, unless it gets support for Classic WoD/Anniversary edition I do not care much as I have no interest in playing WoD5. It's great for people who do, tho.

Comment

Originally posted by Reasor View Post
                      LOL every post on the announcement video is someone asking if it supports the 20th Anniversary Edition games.

Seeing as Paradox is actively preventing online tools for the X20 and CoD lines from being developed even if they are distributed for free they'd be pretty petty not to include support for them.

Comment

I won't say they gave me too much strong an impression that they're that petty, but they did gave me some mixed signals. And their development strategy isn't unlikely to result in them really believing that giving support to X20 will harm X5.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                        #AutismPride
                        She/her pronouns

Comment

It's unfortunate too, since whether people are purchasing V20 or purchasing V5, they'll still be making money either way. But if they refuse to support V20 then they're losing out on sales.

Comment

Originally posted by AnubisXy View Post
                            It's unfortunate too, since whether people are purchasing V20 or purchasing V5, they'll still be making money either way. But if they refuse to support V20 then they're losing out on sales.

True. They've stated multiple times that the overwhelming bulk of V5 consumers are new fans, tapping the older fan base who have the most disposable income and proven willingness to buy a metric fuckton of material would make sense to me. But I'm not a marketing professional so i may well be wrong.

Its kind of like their reticence to allow PoD for Storytellers Vault products, thats a fair amount of essentially free money that theres a proven market for considering the numbers of people taking their purchases to third party print shops.

Comment

Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
                              I won't say they gave me too much strong an impression that they're that petty, but they did gave me some mixed signals. And their development strategy isn't unlikely to result in them really believing that giving support to X20 will harm X5.
                              That's a given seeing as they don't want to allow further anniversary products.

Comment

Working...
                              X