Clans or bloodlines that feed from the dead

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clans or bloodlines that feed from the dead

Hello people. Looking for info on kindred lineages for whom due to particular weaknesses taking blood from the just dead or blood bags might be less troublesome than feeding from the living.
    The Giovanni and Lamiae come immediately come to mind, Salubri might count too, depend on one's attitude toward dealing with variants of their weakness, but wanted to be sure if there might be others and your thoughts on the subject.

It's kind of relevant to some stuff i'm working on for a little Milwaukee rewrite of mine.

- Ventrue could have use for blood bags, to hide their preferences from others.
    - Tzimisce sometimes have strange experiments. Somebody on Death and the Soul might have use for it; a fanatic on the Path of Caine might do this to not interact with mortals at all.
    - Some Malkavians might do this to compensate for Sanguinary Animism, or for any other sort of weird rationalization that they might have.

Comment

Originally posted by Sultanabdal View Post
      - Ventrue could have use for blood bags, to hide their preferences from others.
      - Tzimisce sometimes have strange experiments. Somebody on Death and the Soul might have use for it; a fanatic on the Path of Caine might do this to not interact with mortals at all.
      - Some Malkavians might do this to compensate for Sanguinary Animism, or for any other sort of weird rationalization that they might have.

Those are viable, but i spoke of clan/bloodline weaknesses for a reason - the examples you gave require a lot of the individual baggage to fit in such a situation. I'm looking for something that might apply in more of a group level so to speak and serve as a clue to the attentive that there's more than meets the eye to a certain number of kindred in a city.

Comment

Nagaraja? You didn't mention that one. They need to eat flesh too, so can't just have blood bags, but feeding (literally) on the recently dead would allow them to keep a lower profile.

Comment

Originally posted by Sultanabdal View Post
          Nagaraja? You didn't mention that one. They need to eat flesh too, so can't just have blood bags, but feeding (literally) on the recently dead would allow them to keep a lower profile.

Good point, i did consider them too, though their weakness goes a little farther in implications to say the least.

Comment

Cappadocians and harbingers spring to mind since it's really convenient with their interests. They've even got a ritual to refine more blood from the dead.

Comment

Working...
            X