Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[V5 - Official Ruling Request] - Selecting Powers - Can discipline levels essentially be skipped if leveling several levels in one go?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Incarnate View Post
    I'm unfortunately not the ST in this case, it's the ST who's been told by one of his players from another group, that the rules can be interpreted this way - which I just was told.
    To me this I quite obvious what this player is pushing some rule interpretation shenanigans.
    Cheaters gonna cheat.

Which is what this is, it's not a loose interpretation or shenanigans, it's flat out cheating. Personally I'd drop this group and find one without cheaters in it because once a cheater gets away with one thing there's always another thing they want, then another, and another, and on and on.

Remember that there are some people, fortunately very few, who play RPGs in bad faith - they're not here to participate in a group game for the most fun, they're here to win at whatever twisted mental games they can get away with

Comment

Originally posted by Dogstar View Post

Cheaters gonna cheat.

Which is what this is, it's not a loose interpretation or shenanigans, it's flat out cheating. Personally I'd drop this group and find one without cheaters in it because once a cheater gets away with one thing there's always another thing they want, then another, and another, and on and on.

Remember that there are some people, fortunately very few, who play RPGs in bad faith - they're not here to participate in a group game for the most fun, they're here to win at whatever twisted mental games they can get away with
      This. ^^^

Comment

Eh... you can drop a group because they all love a house rule that you hate without them being cheaters. Them insisting it's not a house-rule is a nice indicator you're a bad fit for them, but if the ST and players all agree on how the rules should be run, it's not cheating.

Comment

There is nothing wrong with house-rules, however, insisting that this is a possible interpretation of the rules is essentially a house-rule but with none of the responsibility of making one.

Comment

I really have no issue with the ST wanting to run it like that, what I have a problem with, is that he insists on it being a valid interpretation of the rules, when it in fact is not.
            Basically, every bit of the rules that actually pertains to it, is being disregarded because it doesn't fit what he wants to achieve with it. Not only that, even things that should make one thinking that there is something wrong with his interpretation, is also being disregarded.

I have no issues with people making and using house rules, but I have an issue with when the rules are changed and it's insisted on that it's a valid interpretation of the rules when it clearly isn't, unwilling to acknowledge that the rules are being changed to fit the interpretation and that actually is house-ruling/homebrewing - Which is what is happening here.

I have enough confirmation to know, that his interpretation is incorrect.

Comment

Working...
            X