V5 Tzimisce Questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V5 Tzimisce Questions

Hey Folks, I've some questions for the Tzimisce in the V5 setting, they're not a Clan I've ever went near before so there's a few things I just wanted to check.
    1. Would a Tzimisce Neonate make sense in a Camarilla Coterie for a game running the Sacrifice chronicle?
    2. Has it been retconned that the non-Sabbat Old Clan Tzimisce don't use Vicissitude?
    3. For the Vicissitude and Horrid Form powers, it mentions:
      • Weapons in contrast to Feral Weapons, the damage caused by these weapons is mundane. What does this mean? I was under the impression that Feral Weapons only did superficial damage anyway.
      • Armor - How does this part of the power work? I thought that armor didn't do anything for Kindred in V5.
    These may well be super easily answerable as I admit to being fairly clueless! Thanks in advance for the help folks!

- H

"Let's just say that the Nagaraja used Cappadocian Vitae."

I'll try to answer these questions as best I can with what we know from V5 raw.

1. It's possible, but Tzimisce as a whole are not a part of the Camarilla. Not only that, but many within the sect would look upon the neonate with high suspicion. In previous editions they were the most inhuman of the clans, often having a clan society that beat the humanity out of its neonates. In V5, a majority of the Tzimisce neonates join the Anarchs as the Sabbat in the modern night do not acknowledge clans.

2. There is no information on this. V5 doesn't have any RAW method of alternative disciplines based on bloodlines, outside of the Hecata which is an optional rule. This means it has to be assumed Old Clan uses Protean but refused to use Vicissitude specifically.

3A. Feral Weapons, claws specifically, deal Superficial damage, but it is not halved which the power specifically states. In previous editions, including early V5, Feral weapons dealt aggravated. The reason for this was because aggravated damage could come from the claws and teeth of certain supernatural creatures, including vampires. It was changed in V5 to add a sense of game balance between clans. The weapons made with Vicissitude, however, only deal superficial which is always halved.

3B. You add armor to your character. By RAW, this is useless for the vampire itself. It is much more useful for mortals who take aggravated damage from puncturing and bladed weaponry. How armor works in V5 is that it converts a number of aggravated damage, equal to the armor's value, from such weapons into superficial damage. The level 3 power Fleshcrafting can allow one to apply Vicissitude buffs to mortals.

Further expansion on 3A. The biggest reason for the Feral weapons change is because of the change in damage from V20. In previous editions you have 3 types of damage: Bludgeoning, Lethal, and Aggravated. Bludgeoning was the weakest and is halved after reducing the damage through soak, if you're undead not mortal. Lethal was more serious for mortals who couldn't soak it but was effectively unhalved bludgeoning for a vampire. Aggravated was a lot like it is in V5, serious and a bitch to heal. Oddly enough, mortals treated aggravated as lethal in a lot of ways, explaining why in V5 mortals take aggravated damage from most weapons.
    Last edited by Vilenecromancer; 02-26-2022, 09:27 PM. Reason: spelling and grammer

Comment

Vile gets it pretty right. Some add-on of my own:

Firstly, in V5, Tzmisce are just another clan. They've got some historical beef with the Tremere, as do many, but there's no "Vicissitude is a interdimensional space alien disease concocted by demons" shtick since Vicissitude is simply a collection of combo discipline powers. Anti-Tzmisce fear simply isn't as justified as it is in prior editions.

Secondly, the Cam in V5 are a conservative caricature. The Tzmisce are an ultra-conservative, even reactionary force that would thus be right at home with the nuCam. And with the nuCam inexplicably getting rid of the Brujah (easily in the top 3 clans when it comes to size) the Tzmisce would be a welcome addition in retaining control (The Lasombra are too small and the Assamites are dangerous)

Lastly, the Tremere have been blown up, neutered, and have lost everything that made them great. They're the main reason why the Tzmisce avoided the cam, and now that the mountain has been made a molehill, there's little reason for Tzmisce to stay out of the Cam. House Carna is very likely a facade the Tremere are using to put chantries next to Tzmisces.

Ultimately, do it. The Tzmisce just belong in the Cam .Nothing is sacred.
      Last edited by MyWifeIsScary; 02-27-2022, 03:37 AM.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
      There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

There's a sentence in The Sacrifice which suggest a course of action for a player character belonging to that clan or several others that have no representation on the Chicago primogen council. It's not a detail that will greatly interest a Tzimisce player, but I think it's a small endorsement of playing one in the chronicle at all.

It's an interesting situation, as the player character would be a member of the other clan associated with the Sabbat that didn't turn to the Camarilla and yet as an individual, that character already has that privilege. I recommend thinking about why they're an exception to the rule (not that either clan is exactly banned).

V5 has a few precedents of Tzimisce outside the Sabbat, most of which are outside Europe and the Americas. There's one in the Camarilla, who also claims to be part of a respected lineage, but she's in Tokyo and they lack the Camarilla's usual organisation. There was also Tzimisce prince in Tblisi. And for what it's worth, the recent supplement The Black Hand: Playing the Sabbat places Tzimisce elders in "Asia Minor" and the Atlas Mountains; I can only guess what sort of connections they'd have to the sects, but maybe they would be far removed enough from the stigma of Sabbat Tzimisce to gain status in the Camarilla. Now I think of it, they might be Old Clan Tzimisce to all intents and purposes.
        Still, all of that is less than the social capital that non-Sabbat Lasombra have in the Ashirra and some pockets like in Florence.
        Last edited by Spencer from The Hills; 02-27-2022, 10:20 AM.

Comment

1. Yes, it's not hard to find a justification for it, be it for a favor that was owed, or for services rendered.

2. Vicissitude is just a normal subset of Protean powers now, so that likely won't be brought up again in V5. If you want they could just use the standard Protean powers.

3. Armor is generally useless for vampires, but it works against biting.

Comment

Originally posted by Clan Hecata View Post
            Hey Folks, I've some questions for the Tzimisce in the V5 setting, they're not a Clan I've ever went near before so there's a few things I just wanted to check.
            1. Would a Tzimisce Neonate make sense in a Camarilla Coterie for a game running the Sacrifice chronicle?
            2. Has it been retconned that the non-Sabbat Old Clan Tzimisce don't use Vicissitude?
            3. For the Vicissitude and Horrid Form powers, it mentions:
              • Weapons in contrast to Feral Weapons, the damage caused by these weapons is mundane. What does this mean? I was under the impression that Feral Weapons only did superficial damage anyway.
              • Armor - How does this part of the power work? I thought that armor didn't do anything for Kindred in V5.

These may well be super easily answerable as I admit to being fairly clueless! Thanks in advance for the help folks!

- H
            1. Yes.

2. Yes.

3. No idea.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
            the Contact Us link.

Comment

Thanks everyone! I really appreciate the responses!

Take care folks!

"Let's just say that the Nagaraja used Cappadocian Vitae."

Comment

Working...
              X