Player's Guide and Blood Sigils for vtm announced

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Player's Guide and Blood Sigils for vtm announced

The PG will have all them clans in one place,alternate banes and new loresheets
    Blood Sigils is a Blood Sorcery and Thin blood Alchemy sourcebook
    Last edited by Nicolas Milioni; 03-04-2022, 09:30 PM.

Did we get any additional info or only confirmation of them?
    Just what you said seems good enough, but I was curious

Strange... When coincidence seems too convenient, I prefer to call it fate.

-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain d=

Comment

Wait what? Is this in concept the same Player's Guide that Mophidius was developing before getting booted off the property? They're still trying to do it?

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post
        Wait what? Is this in concept the same Player's Guide that Mophidius was developing before getting booted off the property? They're still trying to do it?
        I mean it was half-done. Hence why the Vampire: The Masquerade Companion exists.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
        the Contact Us link.

Comment

i couldn't find any announcements. Do we have the links for them?

Comment

Originally posted by VentrueStereotype View Post
            i couldn't find any announcements. Do we have the links for them?

It was in the RenegadeCon stream yesterday, and Outstar said on discord they'll have announcement pages next week.

Here's a longer breakdown of the four Vampire announcements.
            • Vampire Player's Guide due summer 2022, with all the non-core clans in one spot, updates to the Companion material, alternate banes, character creation walkthrough and other mechanics.
            • Vampire Character Journal, an organized journal for all of your character stuff, allies, relationship map, etc.
            • Vampire Starter Set, box set w/all tools to learn how to play or to teach people how to play VtM or update old players to V5. Come w/pregens, quickstart rules and story.
            • Blood Sigils, a Blood Sorcery and Thin Blood Alchemy book, will not only have BS and Alchemy mechanics but also stuff for the Blood Sorcery scene in general, providing locations, component information, and other source material that will give you Story Hooks for your game

Comment

There's a thaumaturgy companion after they nuked thaumaturgy? Will this be backtracking or will they go all in on nu "Blood Sorcery"/TBA?

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
              There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Alternative banes? I might get back into v5 then. Unless the players guide is as expensive as the Sabbat book.

Comment

The blood sorcery book inflation is happening faster than I expected.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

I mean it was half-done. Hence why the Vampire: The Masquerade Companion exists.
                    Yeah, but I figured that when the Companion released, that that was that. I didn’t think they’d try again to get it released.

Comment

The Lasombra are the only ones who really need an alternate bane. The rest are fine.

Comment

They also sideways-announced **Hot Summer Nights** which is apparently a Miami sourcebook for V5. I couldn't find anything that they actually talked about it other than it's a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by tasti man LH View Post

Yeah, but I figured that when the Companion released, that that was that. I didn’t think they’d try again to get it released.
                          Looks like they're trying to make everything to date available in print and in shops. So it makes sense. E.g., they have redone the screen and Book of Nod, and are making retail versions of CbN and CotBG.

Writer, publisher, performer
                          Mostly he/his, sometimes she/her IRL https://adam-lowe.com

Comment

This could be interesting, one way or another.
                            Alternate banes sounds good. The Assamites, Salubri and Hecata immediately jump to mind, since those are the clans comprised of bloodlines with different weaknesses. In the case of the latter, Giovanni embraces were occasionally known to result in Cappadocians anyway, so.
                            (Alternate discipline spreads, as in Cult of the Blood Gods, wouldn't be a bad idea either).

I won't ever care about Alchemy, but I am very curious about the Blood Sorcery and whether I'm going to regard it as an improvement or not. Is it going to explore the various paradigms and flesh them out rather than presenting a vague mishmash of Thaumaturgy and Quietus/Dur-An-Ki? Is there Koldunic Sorcery? Technomancy? It seems like kind of an important tool for the 21st century, no?? Anarch sorcerers? Is Akhu blood sorcery, oblivion or an amalgam of both? Will Abyss Mysticism and Necromancy get any focus, or is there meant to be an Oblivion supplement?

Comment

I really hope we get a nice comprehensive player guide, there's been a bit of a dirth of player content after the last of the Onyx Path books got published. (I'd love to see more content by them too.) Some new clan merits (a la Lore of the Clans/Bloodlines) and loresheets wouldn't go amiss. I think some re-works to the clan banes would also be great, the Lasombra and Salubri especially could do with a new set in my opinion, maybe some options for the Hecata Bloodlines (just to help depict older characters, personally don't mind the amalgamation that much).

I'm rather surprised we're already getting a new Blood-Sorcery and Alchemy book. I was under the impression-V5 was intended to move away from that older style of design. Then again, reintroducing some versatility won't hurt, so long as we don't wind-up with V20 thaumaturgy, etc. Could be good to see Thin-Blood Alchemy given another look-in as well, make into something a bit more useful for a coterie.

STV Author - Guide to the Sabbat
                              Current Project(s): Tales from the Fronts - A Guide to the Gehenna War

Comment

Working...
                              X