Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What would the Ravnos bane be in the Middle Ages?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would the Ravnos bane be in the Middle Ages?

I am a huge fan of Vampire; the Dark Ages and I recently began considering if it could be played with 5e rules. One of the things I read was the V5 Companion and their Bane is the result of their Antediluvian's death.

So, what Bane should we give them in the Middle Ages, when trying to get away from the whole unfortunate"Gypsy criminal" offensive stereotype?

Freelance Writer and Storyteller's Vault contributor. Find my work here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/ind...liate_id=17903

Just take the normal Dark Ages bane (which is actually much better, they CAN do virtuous things, as it's built around defining a 'key trait' that they have, which doesn't have to be vice-fueled), and make it require a Resolve + Composure test with a Difficulty equal to 1 or 2 plus the Bane Severity (so default 3 or 4 Difficulty) rather than the roll from the DA book.

Comment

Originally posted by elmerg View Post
      Just take the normal Dark Ages bane (which is actually much better, they CAN do virtuous things, as it's built around defining a 'key trait' that they have, which doesn't have to be vice-fueled), and make it require a Resolve + Composure test with a Difficulty equal to 1 or 2 plus the Bane Severity (so default 3 or 4 Difficulty) rather than the roll from the DA book.
      Do this, but the difficulty to resist is a straight bane severity. Difficulty is significantly harder to achieve in v5 then in v20. If you play by RAW, v5 will have your players fail a significant amount of their checks.

Comment

Change it from Health to Willpower damage.

Comment

Working...
        X