LA by Night: Thoughts on the Main Coterie

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LA by Night: Thoughts on the Main Coterie

I was thinking about the pending New York by Night and it got me thinking about the main coterie.

Annabelle was ostensibly the main character, but I found the Undad, Mompire, and Gruncle* Jasper far more interesting. This has me concerned that NYbN won't be able to hold up for me. Then again we don't know what the rest of the cast will be. So naturally I will give it chance. Mark will probably be there, but he always seemed like a near after thought to me.

Is this just me or was this a result of the other actors portraying their characters better?

*= Grumpy Uncle

Originally posted by omenseer View Post
    I was thinking about the pending New York by Night and it got me thinking about the main coterie.

Annabelle was ostensibly the main character, but I found the Undad, Mompire, and Gruncle* Jasper far more interesting. This has me concerned that NYbN won't be able to hold up for me. Then again we don't know what the rest of the cast will be. So naturally I will give it chance. Mark will probably be there, but he always seemed like a near after thought to me.

Is this just me or was this a result of the other actors portraying their characters better?

*= Grumpy Uncle
    I don't think that is remotely an uncommon opinion but I also don't think it's necessarily something that reflects on the value of the character themselves. Annabelle is a character meant to be a naive newcomer who is there to let the settings politics and inspirations be explained to. She's also a naive and highly coddled in-universe fledgling that the others like Jasper, Victor, and even Nelli G protect from the worst elements of vampire society.

All of them, unsurprisingly, have power based in LA that prevent them from going to the new setting while Annabelle is a more free-booting idealist. I have high hopes eventually she will either learn to "play the game" or suffer some terrible tragedy.

She's had a few brushes as is.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
    the Contact Us link.

Comment

Maybe another faith focused will worker will come around for revenge.

Comment

Working...
      X