What Discipline Would Manipulate Fear

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Discipline Would Manipulate Fear

Out of all the current V20 disciplines, which one would be closest to a discipline that can manipulate fear in others? I'm converting Requiem ideas over into V20, and I can't find a good replacement for Nightmare, the Nosferatu's signature discipline. Any thoughts?

As for just causing fear, I think that Presence would cover that. Presence already can cause fear with Dread Gaze or Majesty. For something more complex, like making illusions of someone’s worst fears, I think it would require another Discipline, such as Obfuscate.

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant Brother View Post
      As for just causing fear, I think that Presence would cover that. Presence already can cause fear with Dread Gaze or Majesty. For something more complex, like making illusions of someone’s worst fears, I think it would require another Discipline, such as Obfuscate.
      Unfortunately, Presence is not a good option, another clan calls it their signature discipline, and Obfuscate can not do such things in V20.

The goal is to invoke terror into through all powers in some way or another.
      Last edited by Vilenecromancer; 04-03-2022, 03:05 PM.

Comment

My first thought was also Presence. If you don't want to use that, it might be better to just take convert Nightmare directly from VtR to VtM. I suspect that the Vampire Translation Guide might be helpful there. Alternatively, it might make sense as a Path for Blood Sorcery.

Comment

Without Presence, Chimerstry or Dementation, although neither are predominantly fear themed. Eye of Chaos would mess it up by making your Nosferatu seers. Maybe you could mix them up:
          1. Dementation: Passion, except they get scared, regardless of their current emotion.
          2. Dementation: The Haunting.
          3. Chimerstry: Apparition or even Permenancy, provided it's horrific.
          4. Dementation: Voice of Madness or Fire Voice.
          5. Chimerstry: Horrid Reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Vilenecromancer View Post
            Out of all the current V20 disciplines, which one would be closest to a discipline that can manipulate fear in others? I'm converting Requiem ideas over into V20, and I can't find a good replacement for Nightmare, the Nosferatu's signature discipline. Any thoughts?
            "When in doubt, Thaumaturgy on out."

Check out "Prey on the Soul's Fear" in Dark Ages Companion (I believe Second Edition) for some ideas.

Failing that, you could just keep the same Nightmare splat, rework the Disciplines a bit to make it at home in the Proper World of Darkness, and call it Gucci.

Comment

I’ll go with Kharnov then. If you want Nightmare, then just use Nightmare and convert the rules as needed.

Comment

Presence is the Discipline that affects emotions, and already has a power that creates fear - Dread Gaze. That's just the best fit in my opinion.

But since you said you don't want that, you should go to more unusual ways to replicate it. And the prior posters have already covered the ways I'd consider doing it. Converting the Requiem power into its own Discipline or Path of Thaumaturgy. Or if there's a specific power you want to port over, maybe some kind of Combination Discipline.

Comment

There's an old DT path pertaining to fear: Path of Phobos.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                  There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Daimonions lvl 1 and 2 (Sense the Sin and Fear of the Void Below) could be worth a look as well. But yeah, Prey on the Souls Fear and Path of Phobos are good paths to look to for inspiration.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

Comment

Just pick Nightmare from requiem, the translation guide may help you with that

https://www.deviantart.com/cicerondixit/gallery

Comment

Working...
                      X