Why is Renegade Game Studios so slow?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Renegade Game Studios so slow?

SI has been out for weeks and it’s still not out on DTRPG. And please don’t tell me to just buy it from them directly cause I tried that with the Sabbat book and it was terrible. If they’re gonna sell stuff directly they need a real store like D&D Beyond or DTRPG with a library you can browse in. Never doing that again. Much better to buy it on DTRPG and the company still gets the money.

Sorry for the rant. In a bad mood today.

It happens.

That said, i suspect Off-Topic might be the better locale for you to vent such frustrations and maybe get some feedback and help.

Comment

Well it's not bad mouthing OPP but I point out the relationship between physical publishers and DTRPG is not exactly 100% cordial. A lot of books are never released there because they want to encourage you to buy from their website.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
      the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
        Well it's not bad mouthing OPP but I point out the relationship between physical publishers and DTRPG is not exactly 100% cordial. A lot of books are never released there because they want to encourage you to buy from their website.
        Ohhhh. That really sucks. I hate Renegade’s website. But thank you for telling me.

Comment

I’m just gonna wait for it to come out on DTRPG. The Sabbat book did eventually.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            I’m just gonna wait for it to come out on DTRPG. The Sabbat book did eventually.
            Basically, I hate that Hasbro never does it with 5E but leaves it to the DM's Guild stuff.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
            the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              SI has been out for weeks and it’s still not out on DTRPG. And please don’t tell me to just buy it from them directly cause I tried that with the Sabbat book and it was terrible. If they’re gonna sell stuff directly they need a real store like D&D Beyond or DTRPG with a library you can browse in. Never doing that again. Much better to buy it on DTRPG and the company still gets the money.

Sorry for the rant. In a bad mood today.

They may be revising content after Brazilian fans asked for a revision in the treatment of the Candomblè / Special Forces relation.They have also halted distribution of physical copies.

That said, I've bought Sabbat and SI from them, and had no general problems with their PDF: they're not as well organized as those in Drivethru but ... well, they are two, so no huge problem for me.

Comment

Let's just say... how quickly do the items at the bottom of one's To-Do List get taken care of as compared to the top priority?

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Basically, I hate that Hasbro never does it with 5E but leaves it to the DM's Guild stuff.
                  I don’t mind. WOTC has D&D Beyond which works even better than DTRPG. And it has forums like these.

Comment

Originally posted by Manfr View Post

They may be revising content after Brazilian fans asked for a revision in the treatment of the Candomblè / Special Forces relation.They have also halted distribution of physical copies.
                    They already updated the PDFs, and the next printings will be updated as well.

I think they just prefer to release on DTRPG later

Comment

I'm still waiting on my Book of Nod Artifact Edition. It was supposed to be out last month...

Comment

Originally posted by Matt the Bruins fan View Post
                        Let's just say... how quickly do the items at the bottom of one's To-Do List get taken care of as compared to the top priority?

Exactly. Looking at their social network pages it's all Power Rangers and G.I.Joes.

Pretty much like what happened with Modiphus that were all Fallout and Star Trek stuff, and look what happened.

Also, the italian distributor said they've basically finished the translation of "Cult of the Blood Gods" but it's somehow stuck in because Renedage.

Comment

Originally posted by Manfr View Post

There is a saying in italy that goes: "every step you take, you step in sh*t"

Comment

I do recommend their discord if anyone wants to ask them questions directly, they always reply to stuff asked there, from what I've seen anyway..

Comment

Thanks. I just joined.

Comment

Working...
                              X