Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any clan characters that you should get more screen time?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any clan characters that you should get more screen time?

Just curious because I see in some of the sourcebooks that there is some interesting characters that don't get much focus outside of any interactions with signature characters?

What in the name of Set is going on here?

I miss Vykos

Comment

She’s a very minor character, but I have always been intrigued by Elaine de Calinot - Tremere Inner Council member overseeing Africa. She went missing back in the 1990’s and no mention was made of her since. I thought it would have been cool to have her return in V5.

Comment

Caitiff, highly ignored.

Community Content
        Hunters Hunted II Into the Darkness
        V20 Sleepy Hollow

Comment

Originally posted by Sergeant Brother View Post
          She’s a very minor character, but I have always been intrigued by Elaine de Calinot - Tremere Inner Council member overseeing Africa. She went missing back in the 1990’s and no mention was made of her since. I thought it would have been cool to have her return in V5.

I think she's cited as the sire of Edward Bainbridge in London by Night, for what it's worth.

But then truth be told the books never did much with any of the Tremere councilors beside Etrius & Goratrix (with their "senpai notice me" war over Tremere in DA).
          Grimgroth gets some cameo in Blood Treachery, Thomas Wyncham gets name dropped everytime someone needed to remind us Oliver Thrace is supposed to be awesome (mustache-twirling cartoonish silliness notwithstanding), Meerlinda as eternal token female councillor and that's about it, i guess.

Comment

Myself I like to see Eilser De Polonico from the Lasombra clan get some love, I found him interesting from his write up and I have a fondness for quiet, elegant and diginfied characters.

What in the name of Set is going on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

I think she's cited as the sire of Edward Bainbridge in London by Night, for what it's worth.

But then truth be told the books never did much with any of the Tremere councilors beside Etrius & Goratrix (with their "senpai notice me" war over Tremere in DA).
              Grimgroth gets some cameo in Blood Treachery, Thomas Wyncham gets name dropped everytime someone needed to remind us Oliver Thrace is supposed to be awesome (mustache-twirling cartoonish silliness notwithstanding), Meerlinda as eternal token female councillor and that's about it, i guess.

I agree that the Tremere councillors were never given too much attention, and I also miss Elaine de Calinot.
              Also, why do so many people hate Oliver Thrace?

Comment

Righteous Endeavor. It's a sin he never got a tenth of the love Sasha Vykos did.

Comment

Honestly, the most I can remember getting from the clan chars. is Victoria Ash (from the Cam book) and Aisling (from thee NY videogame), and both are very superficial, as mostly we know where they are "set". Just like Lucita, but it is even more shaky.
                  I honestly think we REALLY could benefit from a new set of Novels. Because they aren't material game-only fans would be disturbed by, and authors could write what they damn well want. It could even be stated that these novels are not necessarily canon, I don't care, I just want some of it. The comics are not enough for me, and I would like older and known characters to also interject, so we can see the differences between the times of old and the times of now. It would be cool.

Or we could get a new Beckets Diary or something, maybe Carmelita Nelson (is that her name?).

Strange... When coincidence seems too convenient, I prefer to call it fate.

-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain d=

Comment

Originally posted by Father Enoch View Post
                    Righteous Endeavor.
                    I had forgotten about him - learning what he is now doing in the Sabbat, or elsewhere, would be interesting.

Also, I want to know what is happening to the characters from Lair of the Hidden.

Comment

Also, I want to know what is happening to the characters from Lair of the Hidden.
                      I would also love to know what's happening to them. Is Cretheus still killing Methuselah from his beautiful castle?

Comment

Originally posted by Grumpy RPG Reviews View Post
                        I'm torn on this.

While they're generally well done and very compelling, the whole point of LotH is that your PC's actions there will precisely be a turning point in their lives, with a very open end. So giving anything on them kind of solidifies a "canon end" to one of the few moments that this setting gave the PCs the ability to shape the outcome.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                        #AutismPride
                        She/her pronouns

Comment

Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
                          I'm torn on this.

While they're generally well done and very compelling, the whole point of LotH is that your PC's actions there will precisely be a turning point in their lives, with a very open end. So giving anything on them kind of solidifies a "canon end" to one of the few moments that this setting gave the PCs the ability to shape the outcome.

Well said.

Comment

Originally posted by Herr Meister View Post

I agree that the Tremere councillors were never given too much attention, and I also miss Elaine de Calinot.
                            Also, why do so many people hate Oliver Thrace?

Honestly, can't speak for other people's opinions on him, but for me Oliver Thrace is simply overrated, i don't even hate him with anything like the depths of vitriolic balefire i had for Vykos until a few years back.

Thrace is simply a NPC that was frequently trumpeted by certain writers as a big deal and supposed great big bad, but with little to show beside vague generalities to go along with his big stats, along with gonzo plots in the Year of the Lotus series that, as previously stated, made him more of a silly mustache-twirling cartoon than some crazy awesome badguy. In some ways he kind of crystalizes and becames a posterchild of sorts of the dissonance between KotE and VtM what possibly relates in a significant part to the hatred you cited, i guess.
                            Last edited by Baaldam; 06-04-2022, 02:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Honestly, can't speak for other people's opinions on him, but for me Oliver Thrace is simply overrated, i don't even hate him with anything like the depths of vitriolic balefire i had for Vykos until a few years back.

Thrace is simply a NPC that was frequently trumpeted by certain writers as a big deal and supposed great big bad, but with little to show beside vague generalities to go along with his big stats, along with gonzo plots in the Year of the Lotus series that, as previously stated, made him more of a silly mustache-twirling cartoon than some crazy awesome badguy. In some ways he kind of crystalizes and becames a posterchild of sorts of the dissonance between KotE and VtM what possibly relates in a significant part to the hatred you cited, i guess.

I agree with you that he's definitely overrated, I don't think his traits are that impressive to be honest. Especially since he's already 5 hundred years old in World of Darkness Hong Kong. I'd even say that his character sheet is kind of lacking for being active for so long. Aisling Sturbridge has less than a hundred years of activity and has much better traits, not to mention Lord Ephraim that with less than 2 hundred years, has over 40 dots (if I remember correctly it's 43) in paths of Thaumaturgy, besides Auspex 5, Dominate 4 and Fortitude 3, just to cite some examples. Oliver could have twice as much discipline points and still be less impressive than these two lol

Comment

Working...
                              X