Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constantinople By Night: Who survived until the modern nights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constantinople By Night: Who survived until the modern nights?

Paul Bathalos (DAV20) - Unknown if he survived past the Dark Ages
    Shabah (Survives Fourth Crusade, Dies in the Anarch Revolt)
    So, I am looking at setting a v5 game in Istanbul. I have always loved the concepts in Constantinople by Night, and I want to carry some of those themes and plot threads into the game. While still creating a new reality on the ground since the Ottoman seizure of the city in 1453.

I have been doing some digging and I am trying to piece together what NPCs from Constantinople by Night/Bitter Crusade survived until the modern nights? Any help appreciated!

Confirmed so far:

Mentioned in V5:
    Sascha Vykos (v5 Sabbat)
    The Dracon (v5 Corebook: Trinity Lore Sheet)
    Pakourianas The Dove (Cults of the Blood Gods)
    Mary the Black (v5 Corebook, Trinity Lore Sheet)
    Michael the Patriarch (v5 Corebook, Trinity Lore Sheet) - his consciousness is in Mary the Black

V20:
    Zoë (Hinted at in Beckett’s Jyhad Diary)
    Sarrasine (Lore of the Clans)

Dark Ages
    Ana Comnena (Dark Ages Europe) Possibly returns after Ottoman Conquest
    Theresa Kymena - (CoBN)
    Enmachia (Veil of Night) Childe of Michael - flees from Damascus to Constantinople, then on to Europe
    Shebah (dies in the Inquistion) (CoBN)
    Natalya Svaytoslav (Dark Ages Europe) - possibly does not make it past the inquisition/Anarch revolt

Revised
    Malachite (Clanbook Nosferatu Revised)

2nd Edition
    Abetorius, Envoy of Clan Tremere (v5 timelines, presumed dead in SI hit on Vienna, 2008)

Last edited by Astriarch; 04-24-2022, 11:11 PM.

"[Mankind] lives in a survived yet always uncertainly surviving world. All that is has survived where it might not have survived. Every world is and will always be a Noah's ark." -John Fowles, The Aristos

Belisarius (he makes it into later DA books and is hinted in the Constantinople book itself that he will survive), and eventually joins the Inconnu, though it's hinted that if he ever finds out about the role they played in Constantinople's fall he may go all murder rage. So possibly he instead fell to that. There's no modern book that mentions him, but then again if he joined the Inconnu, why would there be?

Comment

Good catch on Belisarius, I completely missed that destiny bit. Baron Thomas Feroux is mentioned as joining the Inconnu as well. But, in Beckett's Jyhad Diary Vykos says that they can still taste Feroux on their tongue (or something relatively like that). So I am assuming he's dead,

"[Mankind] lives in a survived yet always uncertainly surviving world. All that is has survived where it might not have survived. Every world is and will always be a Noah's ark." -John Fowles, The Aristos

Comment

Michael and Mary are mentioned in Camarilla, with "Michael awakening again in Mary". They appear to be in a Mithras/Monty Coven situation, cause that's what you get for devouring a Methuselah.

Comment

Sarrasine, a Follower of Set. Today he's the Prince of Sydney.

Comment

Anna Kohemia (Spelling?) she is believed to be still around in the modern ages according to her write up.

Baron Thomas Feroux is reputed to join the Inconnu as did Belesarius.
            We know that the Dracon and his great grand-childe Vykos are still around as is the Setite Sarassine.

Lets not forget that there is a chamber of Hecate ancients in topor that might be still around if the Giovanni didn't find them.

What in the name of Set is going on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Lysander View Post

Lets not forget that there is a chamber of Hecate ancients in topor that might be still around if the Giovanni didn't find them.
              Oh right! And they are all past emperors per the write-up, that would be an interesting new bloodline dynamic to bring into the Hecate.

Comment

Yes it would and talk about the culture shock for some of them. Byzar was ambushed by his childe Lady Alexia around 196 A.D. along with his brood. The world would have changed beyond there recognition and can you picture seeing their reactions in seeing that there clan was almost extingushed by 1444 by the Giovanni and that vampire society is run by 3 sects and three antidulvians may have met final death?

Comment

I wonder if any of Michaels direct Childer survived to the modern age

Comment

Theresa Kymena (Tremere) - After diablerized the Salubri Achmet, her fate is unkonw

Abetorius, Envoy of Clan Tremere (Tremere) - Abetorius and his followers were forced to fall back to Constantinople during the Anarch Revolt, when Assamite Anarchs destroyed several chantries and slew their occupants. Despite having essentially failed in his mission, he remained on the Council of Seven. He later participated in the Tremere ritual that laid the blood curse on the Assamites following the Treaty of Tyre. In the V5 timeline, died in 2008

Flavius Belisarius (Ventrue) - After the Bitter Crusade in 1204, Belisarius vanished from view. Rumors tell that he had been seen together with an Assamite woman, others suggest that he may have joined the Inconnu. Whatever had been the case, Belisarius apparently met Final Death at some point and entered the Shadowlands as a wraith. After a brief flirt with the Fishers, he became shadow-eaten and joined the forces of Oblivion. He fought in Coldheart's army during the Third Great Maelstrom and later raised his own force, wreaking havoc in the Flayed Lands, Swar, and the Yellow Springs. He vanished during the Fourth Great Maelstrom while he lead a force against the Dark Kingdom of Ivory.

Paul Bathalos with his broodmate Pakourianis went on to found the Nephilim, a short-lived offshoot of the Toreador clan that revered Michael as a literal divine figure. The line went extinct in the Dark Ages, but they both survived Constantinople just not made it in to the modern nights

Shabah (Assamite) - She survived the Fourth Crusade, but she did not survive the turmoils of the Anarch Revolt.

Comment

I wonder if any of Michaels direct Childer survived to the modern age

As Shadeprowler mentioned, Paul Bathalos and Pakourianis survived into the Dark Ages founding the Nephilim bloodline. There is no mention of Bathalos into the modern nights, I would imagine since he had allowed the Obertus Tzimisce turn him into a twisted horror it would have been hard to hide from the fires of the Inquisition.

Pakourianis survives until the modern nights as the head of the Blood Cult the Nephilim. He rules over the domain of Johannesburg, South Africa according to Cults of the Blood Gods.

Comment

I need to reread that book again. I was more interested in the Cult Of Mithras and The Ministry sections.

Comment

From what it says, descendants of Michael aren't that uncommon.

Comment

I thought because of the Baali Mariah would have it her mission to to end her lover's lineage forever and that not many of his direct childer survived.

Comment

I thought because of the Baali Mariah would have it her mission to to end her lover's lineage forever and that not many of his direct childer survived.

Lysander you're right, according to her Mary's write-up in Constantinople by Night, she becomes infuriated when she finds out that Michael had not betrayed her in Ebla and that she only succeeded in his diablerie because he allowed it. In the destiny section it says that she stalks the city killing as many of Michael's Brood as she can find. I would venture the say that she got most everyone except Pakourianas and Bathalos, the only two direct childer to have been mentioned as surviving. Even from that font a pretty strong bloodline could emerge. Toreador have been presented in the lore as being somewhat capricious sires, so it wouldn't surprise me if, as SetiteFriend says the Cults of the Blood Gods insinuates they are somewhat plentiful (above the 7th generation) in the modern nights.

Comment

Working...
                              X