Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Constantinople By Night: Who survived until the modern nights?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constantinople By Night: Who survived until the modern nights?

Paul Bathalos (DAV20) - Unknown if he survived past the Dark Ages
    Shabah (Survives Fourth Crusade, Dies in the Anarch Revolt)
    So, I am looking at setting a v5 game in Istanbul. I have always loved the concepts in Constantinople by Night, and I want to carry some of those themes and plot threads into the game. While still creating a new reality on the ground since the Ottoman seizure of the city in 1453.

I have been doing some digging and I am trying to piece together what NPCs from Constantinople by Night/Bitter Crusade survived until the modern nights? Any help appreciated!

Confirmed so far:

Mentioned in V5:
    Sascha Vykos (v5 Sabbat)
    The Dracon (v5 Corebook: Trinity Lore Sheet)
    Pakourianas The Dove (Cults of the Blood Gods)
    Mary the Black (v5 Corebook, Trinity Lore Sheet)
    Michael the Patriarch (v5 Corebook, Trinity Lore Sheet) - his consciousness is in Mary the Black

V20:
    Zoë (Hinted at in Beckett’s Jyhad Diary)
    Sarrasine (Lore of the Clans)

Dark Ages
    Ana Comnena (Dark Ages Europe) Possibly returns after Ottoman Conquest
    Theresa Kymena - (CoBN)
    Enmachia (Veil of Night) Childe of Michael - flees from Damascus to Constantinople, then on to Europe
    Shebah (dies in the Inquistion) (CoBN)
    Natalya Svaytoslav (Dark Ages Europe) - possibly does not make it past the inquisition/Anarch revolt

Revised
    Malachite (Clanbook Nosferatu Revised)

2nd Edition
    Abetorius, Envoy of Clan Tremere (v5 timelines, presumed dead in SI hit on Vienna, 2008)

Last edited by Astriarch; 04-24-2022, 11:11 PM.

• Lysander
    replied
    Originally posted by Astriarch View Post
    So, I was reading through Veil of Night from the Dark Ages line which details the Ashirra, at any rate there is a section talking about the Rayeen al-Fen (Toreador) of Damascus who "owe their lineage to the Patriarch Michael in Constantinople." They got frustrated with the stagnancy in Constantinople and moved to Damascus while it was still a Christian city under Byzantine rule. So there is a strong Michaelite lineage in the Middle East, which is where I assume the majority of his childer fled to avoid the Latins.

Enimachia (Michaelite Lineage) 5th Generation, Childe of Michael., Sire of Darshuf - Flees to Europe at some point after being ignored by her Constantinople family
    Darshuf (Michaelite Lineage) 6th Generation, Sire of Mannal - Sultan of Damascus, is being manipulated by the Baali.
    Mannal (Michaelite Lineage) 7th Generation - Arranges Assamites to come in and kill her sire because of his Baali ties.

World of Darkness 2nd Edition has two Toreador as advisors to Prince Mustafa in Istanbul, potentially sired by Michael or his brood.

Vashtai, (potentially Michealite Toreador) Generation? Possibly 5th, Sire of Nakshidil, Vashtai dies around WWI at the hands of the Ministry.
    Nalshidil (potentially Michealite Toreador) Generation? Possibly 6th.

And in the French Supplement France By Night it has another of Michael's childer.

Salianna (Michaelite Toreador) Generation 5th, Sire of:
    • Charles de Poitiers
    • Lorraine
    • Robert Durand
    • Hélène la Juste (957 CE)
    • Jeanne (1244)

Also, there is no mention of this that I can find, but I don't think that Mi-Ka-El/Beshter/Michael went thousands of years before Rome before siring - I go on the record as believing Petronius is not Michael's first Childe.

You probably quite right that Michael did sire a handful of times before Petronius came into the fold. I'm sure Dracon & Antonious also had other childer.

Leave a comment:

• Astriarch
    replied
    So, I was reading through Veil of Night from the Dark Ages line which details the Ashirra, at any rate there is a section talking about the Rayeen al-Fen (Toreador) of Damascus who "owe their lineage to the Patriarch Michael in Constantinople." They got frustrated with the stagnancy in Constantinople and moved to Damascus while it was still a Christian city under Byzantine rule. So there is a strong Michaelite lineage in the Middle East, which is where I assume the majority of his childer fled to avoid the Latins.

Enimachia (Michaelite Lineage) 5th Generation, Childe of Michael., Sire of Darshuf - Flees to Europe at some point after being ignored by her Constantinople family
    Darshuf (Michaelite Lineage) 6th Generation, Sire of Mannal - Sultan of Damascus, is being manipulated by the Baali.
    Mannal (Michaelite Lineage) 7th Generation - Arranges Assamites to come in and kill her sire because of his Baali ties.

World of Darkness 2nd Edition has two Toreador as advisors to Prince Mustafa in Istanbul, potentially sired by Michael or his brood.

Vashtai, (potentially Michealite Toreador) Generation? Possibly 5th, Sire of Nakshidil, Vashtai dies around WWI at the hands of the Ministry.
    Nalshidil (potentially Michealite Toreador) Generation? Possibly 6th.

And in the French Supplement France By Night it has another of Michael's childer.

Salianna (Michaelite Toreador) Generation 5th, Sire of:
    • Charles de Poitiers
    • Lorraine
    • Robert Durand
    • Hélène la Juste (957 CE)
    • Jeanne (1244)
    EDIT: France by Night says Salianna was embraced in Rome and did not go to Constantinople with Michael...

Also, there is no mention of this that I can find, but I don't think that Mi-Ka-El/Beshter/Michael went thousands of years before Rome before siring - I go on the record as believing Petronius is not Michael's first Childe.
    Last edited by Astriarch; 04-29-2022, 09:49 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Lysander
    replied
    Yes I just finished reading the Nephiulm faction yesterday and @Astriach that having at least two or three members of that line would be enough to start a cult.

Leave a comment:

• Astriarch
    replied
    Originally posted by Lysander View Post
    I thought because of the Baali Mariah would have it her mission to to end her lover's lineage forever and that not many of his direct childer survived.

Lysander you're right, according to her Mary's write-up in Constantinople by Night, she becomes infuriated when she finds out that Michael had not betrayed her in Ebla and that she only succeeded in his diablerie because he allowed it. In the destiny section it says that she stalks the city killing as many of Michael's Brood as she can find. I would venture the say that she got most everyone except Pakourianas and Bathalos, the only two direct childer to have been mentioned as surviving. Even from that font a pretty strong bloodline could emerge. Toreador have been presented in the lore as being somewhat capricious sires, so it wouldn't surprise me if, as SetiteFriend says the Cults of the Blood Gods insinuates they are somewhat plentiful (above the 7th generation) in the modern nights.

Leave a comment:

• Lysander
    replied
    I thought because of the Baali Mariah would have it her mission to to end her lover's lineage forever and that not many of his direct childer survived.

Leave a comment:

• SetiteFriend
    replied
    From what it says, descendants of Michael aren't that uncommon.

Leave a comment:

• Lysander
    replied
    I need to reread that book again. I was more interested in the Cult Of Mithras and The Ministry sections.

Leave a comment:

• Astriarch
    replied
    I wonder if any of Michaels direct Childer survived to the modern age

As Shadeprowler mentioned, Paul Bathalos and Pakourianis survived into the Dark Ages founding the Nephilim bloodline. There is no mention of Bathalos into the modern nights, I would imagine since he had allowed the Obertus Tzimisce turn him into a twisted horror it would have been hard to hide from the fires of the Inquisition.

Pakourianis survives until the modern nights as the head of the Blood Cult the Nephilim. He rules over the domain of Johannesburg, South Africa according to Cults of the Blood Gods.

Leave a comment:

• Shadeprowler
    replied
    Theresa Kymena (Tremere) - After diablerized the Salubri Achmet, her fate is unkonw

Abetorius, Envoy of Clan Tremere (Tremere) - Abetorius and his followers were forced to fall back to Constantinople during the Anarch Revolt, when Assamite Anarchs destroyed several chantries and slew their occupants. Despite having essentially failed in his mission, he remained on the Council of Seven. He later participated in the Tremere ritual that laid the blood curse on the Assamites following the Treaty of Tyre. In the V5 timeline, died in 2008

Flavius Belisarius (Ventrue) - After the Bitter Crusade in 1204, Belisarius vanished from view. Rumors tell that he had been seen together with an Assamite woman, others suggest that he may have joined the Inconnu. Whatever had been the case, Belisarius apparently met Final Death at some point and entered the Shadowlands as a wraith. After a brief flirt with the Fishers, he became shadow-eaten and joined the forces of Oblivion. He fought in Coldheart's army during the Third Great Maelstrom and later raised his own force, wreaking havoc in the Flayed Lands, Swar, and the Yellow Springs. He vanished during the Fourth Great Maelstrom while he lead a force against the Dark Kingdom of Ivory.

Paul Bathalos with his broodmate Pakourianis went on to found the Nephilim, a short-lived offshoot of the Toreador clan that revered Michael as a literal divine figure. The line went extinct in the Dark Ages, but they both survived Constantinople just not made it in to the modern nights

Shabah (Assamite) - She survived the Fourth Crusade, but she did not survive the turmoils of the Anarch Revolt.

Leave a comment:

• Lysander
    replied
    I wonder if any of Michaels direct Childer survived to the modern age

Leave a comment:

• Lysander
    replied
    Yes it would and talk about the culture shock for some of them. Byzar was ambushed by his childe Lady Alexia around 196 A.D. along with his brood. The world would have changed beyond there recognition and can you picture seeing their reactions in seeing that there clan was almost extingushed by 1444 by the Giovanni and that vampire society is run by 3 sects and three antidulvians may have met final death?

Leave a comment:

• Astriarch
    replied

Lets not forget that there is a chamber of Hecate ancients in topor that might be still around if the Giovanni didn't find them.
    Oh right! And they are all past emperors per the write-up, that would be an interesting new bloodline dynamic to bring into the Hecate.

Leave a comment:

• Lysander
    replied
    Anna Kohemia (Spelling?) she is believed to be still around in the modern ages according to her write up.

Baron Thomas Feroux is reputed to join the Inconnu as did Belesarius.
    We know that the Dracon and his great grand-childe Vykos are still around as is the Setite Sarassine.

Lets not forget that there is a chamber of Hecate ancients in topor that might be still around if the Giovanni didn't find them.

Leave a comment:

• Magus
    replied
    Sarrasine, a Follower of Set. Today he's the Prince of Sydney.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X