Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What percentage of the time do you run each sect?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CajunKhan
    started a topic What percentage of the time do you run each sect?

What percentage of the time do you run each sect?

I run about 90% Sabbat, 5% Camarilla, 5% sectless

By sectless, I occasionally run games in which vampires are too rare for sects to be a thing. In such games, the mood is about struggling to be a vampire in a world without institutional support of any kind. Basically a darker version of "The Santa Clarita Diet".

• MyWifeIsScary
    replied
    How I run it, From the point of view of most vampires, the Camarilla aren't thought of as a "sect", they're just the natural norm, the natural vampire response to modernity: common sense if you will. Anarch games are for when folk want visceral, thuggish violence in an area without functioning law and order, or they want to play Cam with paths of enlightenment, or they don't understand the game (come at me). The Sabbat are a sect, The Assamites are a sect, the Followers of set are a sect, and the Giovanni are best served as family run corperation that works with others.

I probably run sabbat 25% of the time.
    I'd like to get people into the one true faith in the WoD, the Followers of Set, but I'm suffering a shortage of advanced players at the moment (and games)

Leave a comment:

• Ragged Robin
    replied
    Roughly 50% carmarilla, 25% Sabbat, with anarch I run my own home brew version at about 10% with the rest dark age. I've never ran an as presented anarch game.

Leave a comment:

• Thoth
    replied
    If I had to break down the games that I have been part of in one form or another:

30% Camarilla
    30% Independent
    20% Dark Ages or earlier (lots of prehistory games)
    15% Kindred of the East
    3% Victorian Age Vampire
    1% Anarchs
    1% Sabbat
    0% Kindred of the Ebony Kingdom (never got around to it)

The Camarilla is the default for bringing new players into the game. The Independents tend to be better for specialty games and one offs. The Dark Ages and earlier settings provide interesting challenges and story hooks given my own knowledge of history. KotE is excellent as a palette cleanser with different mechanics and themes when you reach a degree of burn out with standard VtM.

Leave a comment:

• BadFurryFanFic
    replied
    KotEK- 20%
    Sabbat- 40%
    Camarilla- 30%
    KotE/Independent- 10%

Leave a comment:

• AnubisXy
    replied
    Overall I tend to run Dark Ages games more often than modern ones, so usually things will be pre-sect. When I do run modern VtM games it tends to be Camarilla, simply because a lot of the cities I want to run things in are Camarilla cities.

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied
    Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post

I've been running vampire games since...probably 92 or 93, I don't remember for sure. Mind you, there have been multiple periods when I lost interest in roleplaying games altogether for a couple of years. But back in the nineties I ran games constantly.
    Wow. That’s cool. I’m not that old and I didn’t start playing WoD till college.

Leave a comment:

• CajunKhan
    replied
    Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    I’ve never run VtM but I’ve played in one Camarilla game, one Anarchs game, one game set in Ancient Rome and one Sabbat one shot.

CajunKhan I’m impressed. You must’ve run a lot of Vampire games.
    I've been running vampire games since...probably 92 or 93, I don't remember for sure. Mind you, there have been multiple periods when I lost interest in roleplaying games altogether for a couple of years. But back in the nineties I ran games constantly.

Leave a comment:

• Amethyst
    replied
    I’ve never run VtM but I’ve played in one Camarilla game, one Anarchs game, one game set in Ancient Rome and one Sabbat one shot.

CajunKhan I’m impressed. You must’ve run a lot of Vampire games.

Leave a comment:

• Chris24601
    replied
    Sect? Dhampirs don’t have a sect. If I run, I let the players choose.

Leave a comment:

• Astriarch
    replied
    I tend to run the Camarilla most often, there's something appealing about the neo-feudal aspects of it that really fit with the vampire ideal. I am interested in doing more with the Anarchs though. I think I would like the Anarchs more if they were more than just a pale reflection of the Cam with their Barons. I would like to see not only gangs, and Barons, but different ideologies as well all playing off of each other.

Leave a comment:

• Lysander
    replied
    I tend to play with the Anarchs mostly and in our setting the Sabbat has all but crumbled when they learned that they doing the antidulvians bidding and that shook up there ideals of freedom.

So we deal with Camarilla and Anarch conflicts with each other currently, but I'm sure some Sabbat die hards will pop up in the future. So I'd say 90% Anarch and 10% Camarilla.
    Last edited by Lysander; 04-14-2022, 12:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Damian May
    replied
    40% Camarilla. 40% Sabbat. 20% Multi-splat oddness ( Mostly KotE+)
    Last edited by Damian May; 04-16-2022, 05:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Karos
    replied
    Probably:
    50% Camarilla - I find the Camarilla is the best sect to run for newbies (who I've run a lot of games for) there's enough structure and consistency there. It's also a good way to give them a lore introduction without just spewing exposition.

35-40% Sabbat - Sabbat are probably my favourite sect to run, but they're also the hardest to run in my opinion. You really need mature players that are going to engage with what being Sabbat really means. When done right its probably some of the best VTM out there for my money, but when done poorly it swiftly becomes a game of discipline-stacking murder-hobos.

10% Autarkis - Autarkis are always interesting to spice things up, Hecata especially. I know they're not to everyone's taste, but personally, I've found having all the clans of death working together makes them much more versatile from a story perspective.

0-5% Anarch - Anarchs are probably the least engaging for me. Yes, you can do interesting stories about clinging to humanity, trying to resist authority, etc and that can be fun. However, I think moral questions and the battle with authority is much better handled by a well-run Sabbat game, the Anarchs feel like a half-measure.

Leave a comment:

• Rhywbeth
    replied
    Giovanni and co: 30% [Family dramas and Wraith]
    Autarkis coteries/Shovel heads/Nomadic packs: 20% [Sandbox experiments and survival]
    Sabbat 20% [Vampires as vampires, the Apocalypse, infernalism and fun politics]
    Camarilla 15% [Espionage, conspiracy and crime drama]
    Anarch 10%
    [Anarchy, turf warfare, modern warlords, organised crime, survival and power grabbing]
    Other independents 5% [Assamite schisms and caste squabling, weird shit from the Du'at and religion, that 1000 demons and paradox thing the Ravnos have going, Kolduns, the Wu Zao, hopefully one day the Tal'Mahe'Ra]
    Last edited by Rhywbeth; 04-13-2022, 03:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X