Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many of you think that Augustus Giovanni was diaberlized by one of his progeny?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many of you think that Augustus Giovanni was diaberlized by one of his progeny?

My two bits is that is what happened to Augustus and it would be a fitting end to him and it was maybe Ambrigino Giovanni who did the deed to complete his necromantic research? or maybe I'm completely way off base and he is just hiding from his clan out of fear that his plans went seriously awry.
    Last edited by Lysander; 04-14-2022, 04:44 PM.

What in the name of Set is going on here?

I think that August was diablerized at the Family Dinner (reunion). I am not sure by who, I would think Ambrogino was killed with the other elder Giovanni in the uprising of the ancilla and neonates. Maybe there was some oblivion ceremony where his soul was shared among the clan somehow.
    Last edited by Astriarch; 04-14-2022, 01:00 PM.

"[Mankind] lives in a survived yet always uncertainly surviving world. All that is has survived where it might not have survived. Every world is and will always be a Noah's ark." -John Fowles, The Aristos

Comment

It would be ironic, and honestly that alone makes me think that's what happened.

Comment

Originally posted by Astriarch View Post
        I think that August was diablerized at the Family Dinner (reunion). I am not sure by who, I would think Ambrogino was killed with the other elder Giovanni in the uprising of the ancilla and neonates. Maybe there was some oblivion ceremony where his soul was shared among the clan somehow.
        Ambrogino is alive, he is mentioned a couple times in Cults, one time as an advisor to the Capuchin.

Speaking about the Capuchin, I do like the idea of him devouring Augustus' soul. The Capuchin being Lazarus or some other ancient vampire (though certainly not Japhet or Byzar, they suck, especially the latter).

Comment

I think it would be fitting if it was one of the Cappadocian or Harbinger of skull elders who ate augustus.
          Last edited by The smiling gun-knight; 04-22-2022, 06:02 AM.

Comment

I thought the Capuchin was just a false identity shared by Lazarus, Japheth and Byzar. Or did they retcon that for V5?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
              I thought the Capuchin was just a false identity shared by Lazarus, Japheth and Byzar. Or did they retcon that for V5?
              It's not specified in anyway. His identity is purposefully left very unclear.

Comment

We do know that Lazarus and Ambridgino did have a relationship and helped each other in there research and it makes me wonder if he aided other Giovanni discretely and Augustus turned a blind eye to it.
                Last edited by Lysander; 04-14-2022, 04:42 PM.

What in the name of Set is going on here?

Comment

I assume that some Harbingers would be peevish if it didn't happen their way. It would be the climax of their vendetta, unless that's still to come.

Comment

Personally I subscribe to the idea that Augustus was sacrificed in a ritual that bound the Bloodlines together into a single Clan, hence why the various Bloodlines lost their old Weaknesses for the Giovanni Weakness.

Homo sapiens. What an inventive, invincible species. It's only a few million years since they crawled up out of the mud and learned to walk. Puny, defenceless bipeds. They've survived flood, famine and plague. They've survived cosmic wars and holocausts. And now, here they are, out among the stars, waiting to begin a new life. Ready to outsit eternity. They're indomitable. Indomitable.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                      To the best of my knowledge, that idea was first offered in V20's "The Black Hand: A Guide To The Tal'mahe'ra," which was a deliberately metaplot-agnostic "take what works and leave the rest" sort of book.

You're left with wiggle room to make the character what you need him to be, by design.

As familiar as all the descendants of Clan Cappadocian are with incomplete diableries and their long term vengenace-flavored consequences, I can't see anyone putting teeth into Augie. Why run the risk of him having learned how to cheat death the same way, when he's had nearly six hundred years to think about it? With the talent this clan can assemble, he's much easier to control if his soul is bound in something at the moment of Final Death rather than possibly allowed to run free.

Comment

Originally posted by AkatsukiLeader13 View Post
                        Personally I subscribe to the idea that Augustus was sacrificed in a ritual that bound the Bloodlines together into a single Clan, hence why the various Bloodlines lost their old Weaknesses for the Giovanni Weakness.
                        I like this idea best. I don’t think they need or want another 3rd-generation patriarch, and it’s fitting for them to be perhaps the only clan whose head is unambiguously and incontrovertibly dead. Also, what better way to bind these disparate branches of the family together than to share his power equally.

Comment

Originally posted by AkatsukiLeader13 View Post
                          That can also helps to explain why the Hecata don't experience the Beckoning.

Comment

In my chronicle Augustus was killed by the PCs during Gehenna. They used the specter of Cappadocius in conjunction with Augustus’ true blood and another primordial artifact while fighting his enslaved wraiths in the underworld. When the ritual was completed Augustus’ power was momentarily broken and 50 million ghosts jumped on him tearing him to pieces and dragging his rotten soul to the labyrinth.
                            For a new V5 game I slightly retconned this with Ambrogino betraying Augustus, weakening his wards and allowing the other factions of the clan of death to attack him. In the end Augustus was swallowed by the spectre horde and no one knows what happened to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Flag View Post

I like this idea best. I don’t think they need or want another 3rd-generation patriarch, and it’s fitting for them to be perhaps the only clan whose head is unambiguously and incontrovertibly dead. Also, what better way to bind these disparate branches of the family together than to share his power equally.
                              The only clan whose 3rd gen progenitor is sure to be dead is Ravnos. What really happened to Augustus (and to Cappadocius for that matter) is not clear. As of the current metaplot Augustus may be dead, captured or even at large, plotting his revenge

Comment

Working...
                              X