There is no way for the Telyavelic Tremere to be completely exterminated

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• There is no way for the Telyavelic Tremere to be completely exterminated

Lore from Libellus Sanguinis 2: Keepers of the Word [page 63] states that the Telyavelic Tremere were completely exterminated in the 16th century by Christian armies. In my opinion, this would have been impossible. The two thaumaturgy paths that were unique to the Telyavelic Tremere [pages 65-68] should have increased their survivability a thousand fold.

One of these paths, Path of the worlds Blood, allowed the practitioner to see what happened within a ten mile radius, meld into trees, increase physical attributes, turn into any animal within their territory, and turn into a slow mobile stone figure immune to both sunlight and fire. This path is quite similar to protean, and would have been extremely useful in surviving any type of invasion. It also only took a level one ritual to get attuned to their territory, which is a radius of about ten miles. Remember this is the 16th century, 10 miles is going to take alot of time to traverse.

The other path, Path of the Shadow World, allowed you to see, banish, control, and raise an a troop of ghosts. The final power even allows you to enter the shadowlands. Not only that, when you enter the shadowlands, other wraiths will see you as one of them, albeit one that's a bit more solid. Best part is that you can bring others with you.

When looking at the powers possessed by this bloodline can you really sit there and believe that they could have been exterminated by regular humans? A couple careless neonates and fledglings getting caught and killed I can believe. But not an entire bloodline, and definitely not one as organized as the Telyavelic tremere which still kept to a pyramid structure similar to the main clan.
    Last edited by Hello; 04-23-2022, 11:28 PM.

There are seven Salubri and, what, a couple dozen Cappadocians at most? That's out of a Clan wide purge. What of a minor bloodline relegated to a single geographical area?

The Lhiannon are gone, as are the Lamia, Anda and others. Bloodlines with arguably the best Survivor Discipline (Protean) are gone. Why not the Telyavelic Tremere?

Because you like them?

That's as good a reason as any to have them in your game!

Comment

Originally posted by Hello View Post
      Lore from Libellus Sanguinis 2: Keepers of the Word [page 63] states that the Telyavelic Tremere were completely exterminated in the 16th century by Christian armies. In my opinion, this would have been impossible. The two thaumaturgy paths that were unique to the Telyavelic Tremere [pages 65-68] should have increased their survivability a thousand fold.
      One of these paths, Path of the worlds Blood, allowed the practitioner to see what happened within a ten mile radius, meld into trees, increase physical attributes, turn into any animal within their territory, and turn into a slow mobile stone figure immune to both sunlight and fire. This path is quite similar to protean, and would have been extremely useful in surviving any type of invasion. It also only took a level one ritual to get attuned to their territory, which is a radius of about ten miles. Remember this is the 16th century, 10 miles is going to take alot of time to traverse.
      The other path, Path of the Shadow World, allowed you to see, banish, control, and raise an a troop of ghosts. The final power even allows you to enter the shadowlands. Not only that, when you enter the shadowlands, other wraiths will see you as one of them, albeit one that's a bit more solid. Best part is that you can bring others with you.
      When looking at the powers possessed by this bloodline can you really sit there and believe that they could have been exterminated by regular humans? A couple careless neonates and fledglings getting caught and killed I can believe. But not an entire bloodline, and definitely not one as organized as the Telyavelic tremere which still kept to a pyramid structure similar to the main clan.
      Allow me to offer a hypothetical on to how such an incredibly powerful and dangerous bloodline could be exterminated:

They were killed during the day.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
      the Contact Us link.

Comment

They picked what ended up being the losing side between paganism and Christianity. It's perfectly fitting both real history and some of the themes of Dark Ages Vampire that they didn't make it - but V20 does support a small number of Telyavelics surviving into the modern nights by inflitrating the ranks of the Sabbat's Tremere Antitribu, if you want to go with that or any other scenario of your own devising.

Every narrator in Vampire is unreliable, and I can't stress that enough. They're claimed to have been wiped out in the 16th Century by their parent clan - there's no reason why that couldn't just be the Pyramid writing off a failed experiment or a disappointing band of runaways and deciding to never think of them again.
        Last edited by Reasor; 04-23-2022, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hades View Post
          There are seven Salubri and, what, a couple dozen Cappadocians at most? That's out of a Clan wide purge. What of a minor bloodline relegated to a single geographical area?

The Lhiannon are gone, as are the Lamia, Anda and others. Bloodlines with arguably the best Survivor Discipline (Protean) are gone. Why not the Telyavelic Tremere?

Because you like them?

That's as good a reason as any to have them in your game!

Has there ever been a bloodline with protean that was completely exterminated?

Comment

Revised Ahrimanes.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
            the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
              Revised Ahrimanes.
              Its heavily implied they went on a spiritual journey somewhere.

Comment

I live in Lithuania. Can confirm I haven't seen a Telyav the whole time I was here.

Doesn't matter how strong a faction is. Few things in VTM survive the pen of writers. It's why in V5 the Tremere have been blown up and inverted despite 4 editions of that being impossible.

I think Ahrimanes were created explicitly for the purpose of being destroyed.

The most powerful bloodline ever will be destroyed if they don't reproduce enough.

Throw me/White wolf some money with Quietus: Drug Lord, Poison King
                There's more coming soon. Pay what ya want.

Comment

Do they still have to sleep? Being hard to kill when you know someone is trying to kill you doesn't matter much if they stab you when you are asleep.

Exalted Whose Name is Carved in Leaves of Jade

Senator of the Greater Chamber

Comment

Its heavily implied they went on a spiritual journey somewhere.
                    Into an ancient's belly!

Forum Terms of Use
                    the Contact Us link.

Comment

Originally posted by Mizu View Post

Do they still have to sleep? Being hard to kill when you know someone is trying to kill you doesn't matter much if they stab you when you are asleep.

They can always meld into a tree and go to sleep there.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post

Into an ancient's belly!

Sabbat Propaganda!
                        Last edited by Hello; 04-24-2022, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
                          I think Ahrimanes were created explicitly for the purpose of being destroyed.
                          The Ahrimanes from 2nd Edition's "Storytellers Handbook to the Sabbat" are one of my go-to examples for 2nd Edition having this weird racist "Native Americans are magic" thing going on.

It shouldn't be surprising in hindsight that "Clanbook: Gangrel Revised" wipes them out. "Gangrel Revised" was a particularly deconstructionist work that gleefully took a machete to a lot of 2nd Edition silliness.

Comment

Originally posted by Reasor View Post

The Ahrimanes from 2nd Edition's "Storytellers Handbook to the Sabbat" are one of my go-to examples for 2nd Edition having this weird racist "Native Americans are magic" thing going on.

It shouldn't be surprising in hindsight that "Clanbook: Gangrel Revised" wipes them out. "Gangrel Revised" was a particularly deconstructionist work that gleefully took a machete to a lot of 2nd Edition silliness.
                            LUPINE IMPERSONATOR IS A VALID CONCEPT!

They can always meld into a tree and go to sleep there.
                            "Did you ever catch the bandit?"

Forum Terms of Use
                            the Contact Us link.

Comment

Working...
                            X