World of Darkness Unbound

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World of Darkness Unbound

Well, Vampire the Masquerade only but still. Paradox gave their licence freely for independent video game developers to create games based on V:tM 5th edition for their share of profits. So if any of you ever wanted to create such game here it is:

https://www.worldofdarkness.com/unbound

As I write this there are a few games already created. Some of them I'm afraid of (a comedy point-n-click adventure 😶) but still I'm full of hope.
    Last edited by Nail Eater; 04-24-2022, 10:50 AM.

Warrior of the Rainbow
    Saint among the sinners
    Pure among the dirt
    Loser among winners

I haven't played any of them yet, but Heartless Lullaby is a great game (so much so it was voted to become an official product) and I've heard similar good things of the runner-ups from Vampire Jam that didn't win.

I think this will be very positive for the community, especially starting developers or those that have it as a hobby. Being able to make a game of a setting you love makes things way easier, or at least would have for me if I still had interest in game development.

Comment

Well, I have to admit that I haven't too. First of all I'm still not sure if I like 5th edition or not. The changes in the setting are interesting but with that many secret societies and cults V:tM slowly starts to look like Call of Cthulhu. The conversion of the characters from older editions is a little difficult and me and my players don't want to create new characters with every edition. Also I saw many things I consider stupid (but still It's my own opinion) created by other players and storytellers so I will approach those games cautiously. But I used to convert WoD video games (especially the unreleased ones) as an inspiration for traditional p&p games so maybe I will find at least some of them useful.

Warrior of the Rainbow
      Saint among the sinners
      Pure among the dirt
      Loser among winners

Comment

Paradox gave up even with VTM videogames and jumped on the cyberpunk train with Shadowrun.

Comment

Originally posted by Riccardo View Post
          Paradox gave up even with VTM videogames and jumped on the cyberpunk train with Shadowrun.
          Actually that's not true. First Shadowrun games were released in the early 90's, long before Paradox. In about 2008 I played Cyberpunk 2020 platform game on my old Nokia. After that 3 Shadowrun games were released and then CP2077.

Warrior of the Rainbow
          Saint among the sinners
          Pure among the dirt
          Loser among winners

Comment

Working...
          X