Gaining advantageous mutations (Nosferatu/Gangrel/Anyone else)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MyWifeIsScary
    Banned
    • Nov 2019

Gaining advantageous mutations (Nosferatu/Gangrel/Anyone else)

So I was wondering if anyone had a system or two in place for vampires gaining powers and supernatural advantages that aren't disciplines, like Nosferatu Lizard limbs, Gangrel webspinners, or wonderful merits like Acute sight, Sanctity, or Medium. Discounting the easy options we already know like demonic investments or Vicissitude for physical merits.

Accidental/natural rituals/processes?
    Rituals with mild tradeoffs, like a less-harsh abyss mysticism, or a milder form of mage enhancements.
    Rewards for exotic blood?
    Vampires truck with spirits?
    Training?
    Extra Protean powers?
    All of the above in some combination? What are your preferences? How can you give these things to players?
  • Reasor
    • Apr 2016

I've never explored the idea, but it's an interesting one.

The short-lived night time soap had an episode where San Francisco's Nosferatu population take up infernalism, mutating themselves further.

Comment

• Cain Loup-Noir
      • May 2021

Some pact with demons would do the trick, if you're familiar with Werewolf then some Banes could do the same.
      In the case of Gangrel something usefull could grow on him with the curse of his clan but not freely: the ability to see in the complete dark but permanent cat eyes, wolf claws but they're always out and regrow some time after you cut them (and they would do lethal damage instead of aggravated with protean)

As the ST i would let nosferatu have claws, sharps teeths and possibly other things, they are still too ugly to appear outside after all

Comment

• GMort
        • Oct 2018

Originally posted by Cain Loup-Noir View Post
        Some pact with demons would do the trick, if you're familiar with Werewolf then some Banes could do the same.
        In the case of Gangrel something usefull could grow on him with the curse of his clan but not freely: the ability to see in the complete dark but permanent cat eyes, wolf claws but they're always out and regrow some time after you cut them (and they would do lethal damage instead of aggravated with protean)

As the ST i would let nosferatu have claws, sharps teeths and possibly other things, they are still too ugly to appear outside after all
        After frenzying for the ninth session in a row I gave the Gangrel character Feral Claws that never disappeared. she'd committed diablerie a couple of times too so I justified it by saying that the increased potency of their blood had made it permanent.

Comment

Working...