Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What was your first Vampire The Masquerade Character & do you still use them?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was your first Vampire The Masquerade Character & do you still use them?

All this talk about character building has gotten me nostalgic.

What in the name of Set is going on here?

My first character was a Lasombra Crusader whom I played from (real time) 1999 to 2008, multiple times a week. We took him from Dark Ages to Modern Nights.

He had multiple crises of faith in his first few centuries and eventually found God wanting, and became an Abyss Mystic on the Road of the Abyss. Although he was nominally Sabbat, the truth was, he was a scholar first and foremost.

He got retired when he visited a Tremere Regent to discuss Occultism over a game of Chess, and was assaulted by a Sabbat pack for "consorting with the enemy." He single handedly killed every one of them, and then killed the Archbishop for daring to threaten his gracious host. He makes cameos in most games I storytell as a sort of "old man on the mountain" type figure.

Comment

Julia Hapina, an 8th Gen. Ventrue in a V20 game set in Ancient Rome. I haven’t used her recently, but I wouldn’t mind revisiting that campaign using V5 rules.

Comment

My first character was a Ventrue mob boss in V20 that I called Owen Marks. We were playing in Staines/London in the 1960's so I gave him a very Kray sort of vibe. He ran a weapon/drug smuggling enterprise out of a pub and nearby warehouse. I focussed him on Dominate and Presence and he worked as the face of the coterie. (Coterie-mates included a Toreador surgeon turned pianist with a stalker for a sire; a half-feral Gangrel that wighted before the end of the chronicle; and a scheming Tremere that got us into gang-war with a bunch of Settites.)

He had a few issues mostly related to his sire (who oscillated between apathetic and demanding) and the local Ventrue Board. He responded to this by seeking targets no one would miss for diablerie. I took the hidden-diablerie merit (no black marks show in your aura) and prepared to go after some suitable targets. (I missed an opportunity to consume an escaped Tzimisce shovelhead, so started going after the Setties we got into a gang war with.)

Sadly the chronicle petered out after a few players had to drop out. But, I eventually brought Owen back as an antagonist in a V5 London chronicle I ST'ed. He was a complete menace for the players. I made ample use of the memory-altering Dominate powers and took players aside when he had their characters separated/isolated to help up the paranoia amongst the players.

STV Author - Guide to the Sabbat
        Current Project(s): Tales from the Fronts - A Guide to the Gehenna War

Comment

i think we had such a thread before, didn't we?

My first Vampire character was Cassandra, an Egyptian vampire-hunter turned Salubri by the idea that guiding the kindred from within would be more effective than killing them, as they just kept making more of themselves. She still kept in contact with a bunch of hunters for a long time (the ST killed them in an ST Dick Move I never forgot or forgave IRL).

But that was a WtA game, actually, she had been an active Silent Strider Kinfolk in life and had True Faith geared towards Gaia as my gamble to survive and play with a vampire in that game. It worked! Today I still use her as NPC in some games, sometimes infiltrated in the local Camarilla (faking as Toreador or Malkavian) or Sabbat, or as a secret in her sept, he can give all sorts of information to the PCs or target them from afar if she sees them as a danger.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
          #AutismPride
          She/her pronouns

Comment

My first VtM character as a Vampire: Dark Ages (the first DA edition) poacher that was Embraced by a Gangrel.

And hell no I don't play him. He was a powergaming cringefest mess made by a juvenile me with my ST that was so caught up in how cool vampires could be that he wanted to see all the toys get used. It all made Sam Haight look like a normal solid evenly handled character.

Comment

If my somewhat fossilized memory serves, my first V:tM character was a Tremere, though to be fair that was early first edition and at the time none of the expansions existed yet. I don't think the independents or sabbat clans were even named at that point, let alone written up.

Comment

My first Vampire the Masquerade character was a Brujah heavy metal lead singer named something ridiculous like Solomon Thorne. In my head he looked like 90's Johnny Blaze (shades, trenchcoat, ponytail). His nature and demeanor were both Rebel. It was 1992 and I was 13 years old.

I have never played him since but I would absolutely play him again in a heartbeat.

Comment

Lord Sirius was a 8th generation, Humanity 10 vampire with his own castle and a Vegetarian vampire (he could only feed on animals). He was also a political schemer who wanted to be a Prince.

He was a TERRIBLE character.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
                  the Contact Us link.

Comment

Vladimir Dragosani, a Tzim on the Path of Honorable Accord who kept his Romanian dirt in his boots. I haven't played him in...roughly thirty years?

Comment

My first character was a burned out IT executive Ventrue, made for Second Edition in the summer of 1993. He was sort of a cross between the two male leads in TRON.

I don't even remember his name.

Comment

Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
                        i think we had such a thread before, didn't we?

My first Vampire character was Cassandra, an Egyptian vampire-hunter turned Salubri by the idea that guiding the kindred from within would be more effective than killing them, as they just kept making more of themselves. She still kept in contact with a bunch of hunters for a long time (the ST killed them in an ST Dick Move I never forgot or forgave IRL).

But that was a WtA game, actually, she had been an active Silent Strider Kinfolk in life and had True Faith geared towards Gaia as my gamble to survive and play with a vampire in that game. It worked! Today I still use her as NPC in some games, sometimes infiltrated in the local Camarilla (faking as Toreador or Malkavian) or Sabbat, or as a secret in her sept, he can give all sorts of information to the PCs or target them from afar if she sees them as a danger.
                        More then likely that this post has been done to death numerous times.

Comment

My first character was a Ventrue Lawyer anarch who was embraced in the early 1800's named Branden Harrison who rebelled from his clan because he was tired of being used as a status symbol for his sire and grandsire and wanted to make his own destiny.

"His answer when they discovered his affilation was that " I now know, how my Mom felt when she had join Dad at these functions when she wanted to do other things."

I hope to use him in our current anarch game if and when we use Theo Bell.

Comment

I think my first was probably just a Toreador made after after one of the pics of Victoria Ash. Then I read Hannibal and decided to make Eva Nightshade, whose backstory was basically ripped from Hannibal's experiences of encountering the Nazis as a child. Then I made a character that was a bondage Tremere infernalist called Dominatrix (I later retconned her real name to Damina so it was less slightly less on the nose). And a Brujah who looked like Alicia Keys.

I mean, look, I was a kid, okay? I know these are dreadful. Please stop judging me! 🤣

Writer, publisher, performer
                            Mostly he/his, sometimes she/her IRL https://adam-lowe.com

Comment

My only character I played in Vampire was a Lasombra antitribu named James Ramsden who pretended to be a Ventrue after arriving in DC and tried to parlay his appointment as the city's Scourge into a power play to becoming the Sheriff of the city. He learned whatever he could about Kindred politics as he tried to hone his combat skills against the Thin-Bloods he chased out of the city. One of my fellow players summed him up with the following phrase: "Ramsden acts like a Ventrue, dresses like a Brujah, and fights like a Gangrel."

Good times.

Complete Garou Gifts List, Fera Gifts List, Garou Totems List and other assorted OPP/White Wolf goodies

Comment

Working...
                              X