What is Michael doing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is Michael doing?

Does anybody know what is up with Michael? I know he's inside Mary the Black, but what is he up to? Is he in complete control?
    What are your thoughts?

Originally posted by Herr Meister View Post
    Does anybody know what is up with Michael? I know he's inside Mary the Black, but what is he up to? Is he in complete control?
    What are your thoughts?

He's probably trying to manipulate Mary into creating a new Constantinople.

Comment

As things stand at the end of the Constantinople chapter of Beckett's Jyhad Diary, Mary and Michael are grappling for power within the same body and mind. Michael, still demented and stricken with delusions of divine grandeur, wants to recreate his Trinity, having already obtained the Dracon and now searching for a third - preferably one who has also died and been resurrected.

Mary is working on forming a dark Trinity of her own, hoping to create Hell on Earth to counter Michael's Heaven. She's settled on "Eshumanazar" (a Methusaleh who I can't recall ever having seen mentioned before, but there were Phoenician kings under that name, one of whom was buried in a sarcophagus that's currently in the Louvre in real life) to be one partner, and is talent scouting Dylan Bruce to be her third.

In one proposed scenario, the Pit that Mary has built in Michael's haven beneath the Hagia Sophia is already in working order, and the reembracing of new Baali has begun.

Where you go from there is entirely up to you. As keen as V5 is on sweeping Methusalehs off the board to make the player characters at street level matter more, the Beckoning could have nipped all of this in the bud.

Or maybe the True Faith radiating from the Hagia Sophia and the dark energies emanating from the Baali Pit below it made Michael's and Mary's haven a neutral space, where the new Trinity are safe from the Beckoning. They're the oldest and most powerful vampires currently free of it, and whatever they're up to, they have fewer rivals to stop them than ever before.

The World (of Darkness) is your oyster.
      Last edited by Reasor; 05-11-2022, 08:05 PM.

Comment

I'm thinking about putting him somewhere in Europe in the 1500s, just need to choose a city that would be interesting for a story of the type. He must be very crazy now (not that he wasn't already, the guy thought he was a Michael Archangel of sorts lol), if he was also affected by Mary's personality.

Comment

Originally posted by Reasor View Post
          As things stand at the end of the Constantinople chapter of Beckett's Jyhad Diary, Mary and Michael are grappling for power within the same body and mind. Michael, still demented and stricken with delusions of divine grandeur, wants to recreate his Trinity, having already obtained the Dracon and now searching for a third - preferably one who has also died and been resurrected.

Mary is working on forming a dark Trinity of her own, hoping to create Hell on Earth to counter Michael's Heaven. She's settled on "Eshumanazar" (a Methusaleh who I have never seen mentioned before, but there were Phoenician kings under that name, one of whom was buried in a sarcophagus that's currently in the Louvre in real life) to be one partner, and is talent scouting Dylan Bruce to be her third.

In one proposed scenario, the Pit that Mary has built in Michael's haven beneath the Hagia Sophia is already in working order, and the reembracing of new Baali has begun.

Where you go from there is entirely up to you. As keen as V5 is on sweeping Methusalehs off the board to make the player characters at street level matter more, the Beckoning could have nipped all of this in the bud.

Or maybe the True Faith radiating from the Hagia Sophia and the dark energies emanating from the Baali Pit below it made Michael's and Mary's haven a neutral space, where the new Trinity are safe from the Beckoning. They're the oldest and most powerful vampires currently free of it, and whatever they're up to, they have fewer rivals to stop them than ever before.

The World (of Darkness) is your oyster.

Nice, that seems very interesting, this just confirmed what I suspected that he has acquired a split personality because of Mary indeed. Very crazy I'd say, but very interesting at the same time nonetheless.
          As far as V5 is concerned, I don't really care, I completely ignore the meta changes they made and stick with V20. I'm brainstorming ideas for a V20 Dark Ages story.

Comment

Originally posted by Reasor View Post

Mary is working on forming a dark Trinity of her own, hoping to create Hell on Earth to counter Michael's Heaven. She's settled on "Eshumanazar" (a Methusaleh who I can't recall ever having seen mentioned before, but there were Phoenician kings under that name, one of whom was buried in a sarcophagus that's currently in the Louvre in real life) to be one partner, and is talent scouting Dylan Bruce to be her third.
            Maybe it's my imagination, but i keep thinking the writer might have actually meant this guy, perhaps. Though i admit there's as much of a chance of it being a stray shot of my part due to name similarity.

Comment

That's some good digging from a source that I don't own. Double-checking BJD, though, Eshmunazar is described there as a Carthaginian Assamite, not a Brujah.

I'm stumped. It's possible the Methusaleh was created out of whole cloth just for this story about Mary, but BJD focuses so heavily on updating old plot threads that it would be an anomaly to throw a new factor in there.

Comment

Would be very interesting indeed if it was Eshmunamash (from Lair of the Hidden), as it would give him more arch and complexity, even though he's theoretically on the path of Golconda (although this only makes things even more interesting). This Eshmunazar I've never heard about, but then again there are already so many Assamite Methuselah in the setting that it only adds to my preference for another (like Eshmunamash).

Comment

Would be very interesting indeed if it was Eshmunamash (from Lair of the Hidden), as it would give him more arch and complexity, even though he's theoretically on the path of Golconda (although this only makes things even more interesting). This Eshmunazar I've never heard about, but then again there are already so many Assamite Methuselah in the setting that it only adds to my preference for another (like Eshmunamash).

No, Eshmunazar is described as Carthaginian Assamite.

Comment

I'm thinking about putting him somewhere in Europe in the 1500s, just need to choose a city that would be interesting for a story of the type.
                    I don't know your requirements for a city to place him in, but if you are looking for an equivalent to Constantinople as "capital of the world", I think there are two choices in the 1500s. The first would be Moscow which considers itself the "Third Rome" as the inheritor of mantle of leader of Greek Orthodoxy. The second would be Madrid as capital of the Spanish Empire and leading polity of the Latin West. If they don't fit your conception of where Michael would go, you have to figure out what is it that attracts him and then choose the best city available. If it is culture and the arts, then it might be Paris. If it is a city that has connection to Greece that is independent of Islam, it might be a city like Venice or Naples. I would name a city in the Muslim world as well, except it that's the case he'd be better off staying in Ottoman held Constantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Fox View Post

I don't know your requirements for a city to place him in, but if you are looking for an equivalent to Constantinople as "capital of the world", I think there are two choices in the 1500s. The first would be Moscow which considers itself the "Third Rome" as the inheritor of mantle of leader of Greek Orthodoxy. The second would be Madrid as capital of the Spanish Empire and leading polity of the Latin West. If they don't fit your conception of where Michael would go, you have to figure out what is it that attracts him and then choose the best city available. If it is culture and the arts, then it might be Paris. If it is a city that has connection to Greece that is independent of Islam, it might be a city like Venice or Naples. I would name a city in the Muslim world as well, except it that's the case he'd be better off staying in Ottoman held Constantinople.

The problem with Moscow is that it's "too far away from everything". Madrid was one of the first to come to mind, and then Venice. If I would choose a city in the Muslim world, as you said, it would be better to be in Constantinople itself. I'm still considering the options, at least with Madrid I could use some (not much though) of the material in Iberia By Night, the others I would have to start from scratch.

Comment

Your guess is as good as mine with what Michael and Mariah goals are now. I'd say say the Toreador is nudging Mariah to build a new version of his dream.

What in the name of Set is going on here?

Comment

Originally posted by trueann View Post

No, Eshmunazar is described as Carthaginian Assamite.

Wouldn't know either way. Where is that one cited out of curiosity?

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post

Wouldn't know either way. Where is that one cited out of curiosity?

That's a good question, I've never heard of him.

Comment

Okay we got some strong fragment of Michael residing in his former lover and now the Dracon is back in some part after being part of Sasha Vykos for centuries. Who would be the new aspect of Antonius The Gaul to restore a twisted version of the dream?

What in the name of Set is going on here?

Comment

Working...
                              X