No announcement yet.

What is Michael doing?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So we might be looking at something like Mithras and Monty or Michael and Mari in other words. There should be a warning for weaker generation about the perils of diablerizing potent methusalths when they learn about it.

What in the name of Set is going on here?

Comment

Side tangent, but I absolutely love the fact that Saulot's soul's survival of his diablerie isn't unique anymore. It impacts the flavor of the World of Darkness in a way that I like if the immortal soul is beyond the ability of a mere vampire to actually destroy. It affirms that there are greater powers at work than the vampires, without getting outside the game's lane and requiring crossovers to work.

Comment

Originally posted by Reasor View Post
        Side tangent, but I absolutely love the fact that Saulot's soul's survival of his diablerie isn't unique anymore. It impacts the flavor of the World of Darkness in a way that I like if the immortal soul is beyond the ability of a mere vampire to actually destroy. It affirms that there are greater powers at work than the vampires, without getting outside the game's lane and requiring crossovers to work.
        It's really an attestment of those vampire's power and will, rather than any indication of a greater power. If that was that case, you wouldn't just be able to erase younger kindred's souls.

Comment

I dunno, do their souls really die? Or are they just buried under the stronger entity who took them in? What gauge would we use to measure that? There's clearly something junking up the diablerist's aura...

Comment

Originally posted by Lysander View Post
            So we might be looking at something like Mithras and Monty or Michael and Mari in other words. There should be a warning for weaker generation about the perils of diablerizing potent methusalths when they learn about it.

Truth be told, i remember toying with such a conceit in the form of weird flashbacks to times before a diablerist embrace, tales of kindred a character knew were gone making short cameos in occasions a PC lost a few hours or nights to frenzy among other things a year or two before DSotBH.

A friend even had a subplot in a chronicle of his involving a number of highly-placed elder Tremere probably being ridden by the Salubri they supposedly consumed, all of them willing servant-sacrifices watching out for the eventual return of Saulot.
            Last edited by Baaldam; 05-21-2022, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Funny thing about everyone wanting to create or recreate a Dream is that well... the whole idea to create a perfect society for vampires, which was what occurred supposedly in Constantinople under the Trinity, needs... well, a society. So you can't really make that without people knowing.
              The 1st and 2nd City, Carthage, Rome, Constantinople, Vykos plans for the Sabbat, and probably some other examples, were all some form of Dream, and well... they failed. Some got pretty close, but I guess the whole problem of them is that they were openly known. Perhaps this new Dream may work because somehow it is being done in the shadows. Which is very Camarilla like.

I kept wondering just what the hell is Michael's Dream now, since he was eaten by Mary.

Strange... When coincidence seems too convenient, I prefer to call it fate.

-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain d=

Comment

Working...
              X