No announcement yet.

Funny finds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really mechanics, but looking into Melinda Galbraith's stats i found out she had Computer 4. Ever since it has been my personal canon that the Regent faked her death to form the Red Question along with Hurricane, Toby, Amethyst's grandchilde Zipper and a bunch of other less notorious undead hackers.
    Last edited by Baaldam; 05-14-2022, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nail Eater View Post

In that case it wasn't about the mechanics but rather about a group of unusual characters meet each other. To be honest this character was created to have the player decide: his duty or his mysterious past.
      I was more questioning the mechanics side of things in my original "What?!?" post.

For example: How the hell does a gurahl do 80 dice of damage in a round? They can't use rage for extra actions, so that would mean they're legit rolling 80 damage dice for 1 attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Prometheas View Post

I was more questioning the mechanics side of things in my original "What?!?" post.

For example: How the hell does a gurahl do 80 dice of damage in a round? They can't use rage for extra actions, so that would mean they're legit rolling 80 damage dice for 1 attack.
        Ok, you're right, I didn't mention that it would be only one attack (but we were wondering if he could split dices for many attacks and if the bonus would apply for every one of them) 🙂. But still it could tear a tank apart. It was a combination of gifts (ok, from different Fera but as I said we overlooked some things). As we didn't find any rules stating how to resolve activation of many gifts in one round he, as a Storyteller, decided: "first bonus for Rage points then gifts which multiplies Strenghs then those who raise it and in the end those with bonus for damage rolls, first those which multiply and then those with a bonus". He was even joking that he should give this Gurahl a powerful Domitor so he could have Potence 😈.
        Last edited by Nail Eater; 05-14-2022, 10:10 AM.

Warrior of the Rainbow
        Saint among the sinners
        Pure among the dirt
        Loser among winners

Comment

I can't remember the books, but here goes: Claw Immunity (Animalism ••, Fortitude ••••):

Allows you to spend 2 blood to double your soak against natural animals for the rest of the scene, Except, if you look at the stats of animals, once you had the Fortitude needed to buy the power, you'd be better off spending the XP on more Fortitude or Stamina, since you'd never find yourself in a situation where a normal animal could conceivably do enough damage that you'd need that extra soak.

The Forge's hammer or something to that effect. A Potence 6 power using he the old system where Potence was automatic Strength successes. You forge a blade rolling Strength + Crafts and the blade does +1 damage per 2 successes rolled... MAXIMUM +3.

And finally, Enchant Talisman, a Level 5 Thaumaturgy ritual that allows you to, well, enchant a Talisman. The roll is Intelligence + Occult, difficulty 8, requires 20 sucesses, and must be completed over 4 weeks, so you get 4 rolls. So, on average, you need 5 successes on these 4 rolls for this ritual to work and unless you happen to be 7th generation or better, your maximum dice pool is 10. I am not great with statistics, but that seems rather impossible.

Freelance Writer and Storyteller's Vault contributor. Find my work here: http://www.storytellersvault.com/ind...liate_id=17903

Comment

Working...
          X