Advanced Powers Homebrew Compilation

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advanced Powers Homebrew Compilation

So, I've been running a Dark Ages Vampire Chronicle for some time now (about 6 years) and my players often asks me for advanced powers and combinations of disciplines. As I'm kind of short on time (between college, different stories, work, etc.), I'd like to ask you to give me some homebrew Advanced powers and combination of disciplines you use in your games, in order to compile a list for my players, because otherwise I fear I'm going to take a long time to create powers for them.
    Any kind of suggestion is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

I know there are some posts about homebrew powers in the forum, but they're all scattered around. My idea was to put them all in one place for easy access.

Comment

Somebody? Anybody? Please save me some time and help me with any Homebrew Powers you have!

Comment

Hey there! I might just have something you might be interested in! Me and my gaming group have been playing Vampire the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition and Vampire the Dark Ages 20th Anniversary Edition for somewhere between 8 to 10 years on a regular basis and made a whole lot of home-brew material along the way. Most is still written on basic paper but I could try to find my notes and rewrite them for a digital copy and then paste the material and rules in this thread. Is that something you would like? I have been thinking about rewriting and digitalizing our content anyway so its just a matter of motivation and finding the notes from the game sessions we had. We also had many ideas for Disciplines and Combination Disciplines as well as Blood Sorceries that never where fully given rules. Would you be interested in such "Concept-based" material as well? You might have to make up fitting rules for these yourself but could be a fun exorcise! If interested I will try to fix and upload a batch of material this weekend! You are of course welcome to give criticism and new ideas for the rules and concepts of the powers we made and used in our games as you see fit. I prefer a creative and friendly discussion when designing new material for VtM and VtDA.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel P View Post
          Hey there! I might just have something you might be interested in! Me and my gaming group have been playing Vampire the Masquerade 20th Anniversary Edition and Vampire the Dark Ages 20th Anniversary Edition for somewhere between 8 to 10 years on a regular basis and made a whole lot of home-brew material along the way. Most is still written on basic paper but I could try to find my notes and rewrite them for a digital copy and then paste the material and rules in this thread. Is that something you would like? I have been thinking about rewriting and digitalizing our content anyway so its just a matter of motivation and finding the notes from the game sessions we had. We also had many ideas for Disciplines and Combination Disciplines as well as Blood Sorceries that never where fully given rules. Would you be interested in such "Concept-based" material as well? You might have to make up fitting rules for these yourself but could be a fun exorcise! If interested I will try to fix and upload a batch of material this weekend! You are of course welcome to give criticism and new ideas for the rules and concepts of the powers we made and used in our games as you see fit. I prefer a creative and friendly discussion when designing new material for VtM and VtDA.

Oh, Thank you very much! I'm certainly very interested! Even if they were just concepts they would be already very interesting, because then we could just work on the system aspects, etc. Please, feel free to show me any material, I really appreciate it! Any help is very welcomed.

Comment

Hello! As promised here is some of the material from our V20/VtDA20th Chronicles: I have yet to fix with the system aspects and balancing of these but they are what I have had time to digitalize as of yet, much more to come in the future!

The first is a new homebrewed discipline called Carnophagia that primary deals with becoming an apex predator, optimizing yourself for tracking and killing prey while on a hunt, adapting for increased survivability and the manipulation of the emotion of dread/fear.

This is what I have as of yet:

New Bloodline Discipline: Carnophagia

Basic Discipline Levels:

Devouring Maw - Allows the user to draw Vitae from the victim while making a standard bite attack.

System: This power is always active once learned and allows the vampire to both perform a bite attack and feed as one single action.

•• Blood Memories - Allows the user to gain memories and skim surface thoughts from a target by drinking their blood.

System: Not complete yet!

••• Bloody Perseverance - By imbuing a dismembered limb/remain of a kill with Vitae, the decaying process is halted and the blood stored in this way preserved indefinitely until withdrawn by a vampire with this power at a later date.

•••• Sheep’s Clothing - By flaying a fresh victim, the skin can be transformed into a leathery, full-body armour that, while worn, also disguises the vampire as the dead individual in question. This power can also be used on animals with the same requirements and effects.

••••• Hunting Ground - The vampire marks his chosen territory by spilling vitae around its borders and when activated, the vampire knows whenever an individual enters the territory and gains bonuses to any hunt and combat rolls within his chosen hunting ground. He is also capable of knowing wherever a person entering his domain is supernatural or not in nature.

Advanced Discipline Levels:

•••••• Infected Wounds - All damage inflicted by this power can be “stored” and activated later, when it triggers, old wounds reopen and inflict the old, suffered, damage once more.

••••••• Moroi - Transforms the vampire into a huge chameleon-like predatory beast that gains increased physical attributes (+3 in all the physical attributes), natural weapons with aggravated damage and a camouflaged skin which hides the vampire in all kinds of environments.

•••••••• Predatory Adaptation - The vampire’s body will reflexively change to any stimuli in order to improve its survivability and chosen specialization while hunting.

Combination Disciplines:

Gruesome Wards: Carnophagia 3 + Animalism 3 (Cost: 24 Exp)
            This combination discipline lets the user place horrific trophies as a warning and markers for claimed territory. The user can then instantly know when someone is inside his chosen domain and gets a minor bonus to rolls made to hunt and kill the intruder.

Appalling Lure: Carnophagia 3 + Presence 4 (Cost: 28 Exp)
            By imbuing the remains of his victims with the alluring powers of Presence and placing the bones in mystical patterns around his territory, the user can attract and confuse potential victims, which will wander into the territory unknowingly and become lost or trapped.

The Warding Flesh: Carnophagia 4 + Vicissitude 3 (Cost: 30 Exp)
            This power imbues the flayed skin of a victim so that when worn by the user it inspires fear or even terror in onlookers unless they have a strong enough will to resist its effects. The skin also grants an armour rating of 3 when worn by the specific vampire which created it with this combination discipline.

Trackers Mark: Carnophagia 3 + Auspex 2 (Cost: 20 Exp)
            This power allows for the invisible marking of an individual whom the user can then faintly sense regarding relative distance and direction. It’s usually used to mark unusual or powerful prey so that it can be found and killed when it’s in a weak position and unable to properly defend itself.

Ant-lion's Pit: Carnophagia 3 + Protean 3 (Cost: 22 Exp)
            The vampire merges with the ground and ones a victim walks over his position, he makes the ground collapse and slide towards him in the center of the newly
            created pit of soil and sand. Victims trapped in this way can’t escape unless they are extremely strong and durable or have friends nearby.

The Flaying: Carnophagia 4 + Animalism 3 + Vicissitude 3 (Cost: 32 Exp)
            This truly horrible power allows the user to slowly flay a human victim without killing them in the process, which ends in the ghouling of said victim. Thanks to the application of this combination discipline, the victim is forever-more skinless and grisly deformed, forced to live a continuing nightmare in which all they have left is their own, pitiful life and a maddening addiction to the domitor's blood. However, the transformation into a ghoul, by this combination discipline, does grant some unique benefits: Lethal claws, teeth and bone spurs as well as a natural armour 3 and another free dot of the Potence Discipline. The skin itself is in pristine condition and can be used for all other powers that require a human skin to be performed, such as the fourth power of the Carnophagia Discipline or The Warding Flesh Combination Discipline.

Primordial Fears: Carnophagia 5 + Presence 5 + Vicissitude 4 (Cost: 40 Exp)
            With this horrible combination discipline, the user physically and spiritually transforms into the very embodiment of mankind’s oldest fears, gaining a monstrous form, befitting of a supernatural predator which hunts and devours humans and vampires alike. This form induces sheer terror into all but the strongest of minds, and is equipped with aggravated claws and teeth, natural armour of 3 and a + 3 dots increase in all physical attributes. Finally, all spilt blood in the vicinity of the user, using The Purest of Fears Combination Discipline, will start to crawl or trickle towards the vampire, as if he was the center of a gravitational well. All blood thus absorbed by the vampire in his monstrous form will automatically replenish his blood pool.

Predatory Pets: Carnophagia 3 + Presence 2 + Animalism 3 (Cost: 24 Exp)
            With this power the user are capable of ghouling and breeding naturally occurring vermin or predatory animals into gigantic, feral versions of their usual forms. These beasts are fiercely loyal and have a telepathic link with their domitor vampire. They also have lethal inflicting natural weapons and the normal bonuses of being ghouls in addition to the benefits of this power. The increased size confers a + 4 Physical Attributes, distributed as the Storyteller sees fit, and a natural lethal soak. The beasts created with this power can’t survive without their regular upkeep of the domitor's Vitae and will start to starve to death without Vitae in their system at the point where a ghoul stops being a ghoul and reverts back to a mortal creature.

That's it for today! Hope you have some use of this material, more to come in the future as I keep writing over my old material into my laptop when I have time.

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel P View Post
              Hello! As promised here is some of the material from our V20/VtDA20th Chronicles: I have yet to fix with the system aspects and balancing of these but they are what I have had time to digitalize as of yet, much more to come in the future!

The first is a new homebrewed discipline called Carnophagia that primary deals with becoming an apex predator, optimizing yourself for tracking and killing prey while on a hunt, adapting for increased survivability and the manipulation of the emotion of dread/fear.

This is what I have as of yet:

New Bloodline Discipline: Carnophagia

Basic Discipline Levels:

Devouring Maw - Allows the user to draw Vitae from the victim while making a standard bite attack.

System: This power is always active once learned and allows the vampire to both perform a bite attack and feed as one single action.

•• Blood Memories - Allows the user to gain memories and skim surface thoughts from a target by drinking their blood.

••• Bloody Perseverance - By imbuing a dismembered limb/remain of a kill with Vitae, the decaying process is halted and the blood stored in this way preserved indefinitely until withdrawn by a vampire with this power at a later date.

•••• Sheep’s Clothing - By flaying a fresh victim, the skin can be transformed into a leathery, full-body armour that, while worn, also disguises the vampire as the dead individual in question. This power can also be used on animals with the same requirements and effects.

••••• Hunting Ground - The vampire marks his chosen territory by spilling vitae around its borders and when activated, the vampire knows whenever an individual enters the territory and gains bonuses to any hunt and combat rolls within his chosen hunting ground. He is also capable of knowing wherever a person entering his domain is supernatural or not in nature.

Advanced Discipline Levels:

•••••• Infected Wounds - All damage inflicted by this power can be “stored” and activated later, when it triggers, old wounds reopen and inflict the old, suffered, damage once more.

••••••• Moroi - Transforms the vampire into a huge chameleon-like predatory beast that gains increased physical attributes (+3 in all the physical attributes), natural weapons with aggravated damage and a camouflaged skin which hides the vampire in all kinds of environments.

•••••••• Predatory Adaptation - The vampire’s body will reflexively change to any stimuli in order to improve its survivability and chosen specialization while hunting.

Combination Disciplines:

Gruesome Wards: Carnophagia 3 + Animalism 3 (Cost: 24 Exp)
              This combination discipline lets the user place horrific trophies as a warning and markers for claimed territory. The user can then instantly know when someone is inside his chosen domain and gets a minor bonus to rolls made to hunt and kill the intruder.

Appalling Lure: Carnophagia 3 + Presence 4 (Cost: 28 Exp)
              By imbuing the remains of his victims with the alluring powers of Presence and placing the bones in mystical patterns around his territory, the user can attract and confuse potential victims, which will wander into the territory unknowingly and become lost or trapped.

The Warding Flesh: Carnophagia 4 + Vicissitude 3 (Cost: 30 Exp)
              This power imbues the flayed skin of a victim so that when worn by the user it inspires fear or even terror in onlookers unless they have a strong enough will to resist its effects. The skin also grants an armour rating of 3 when worn by the specific vampire which created it with this combination discipline.

Trackers Mark: Carnophagia 3 + Auspex 2 (Cost: 20 Exp)
              This power allows for the invisible marking of an individual whom the user can then faintly sense regarding relative distance and direction. It’s usually used to mark unusual or powerful prey so that it can be found and killed when it’s in a weak position and unable to properly defend itself.

Ant-lion's Pit: Carnophagia 3 + Protean 3 (Cost: 22 Exp)
              The vampire merges with the ground and ones a victim walks over his position, he makes the ground collapse and slide towards him in the center of the newly
              created pit of soil and sand. Victims trapped in this way can’t escape unless they are extremely strong and durable or have friends nearby.

The Flaying: Carnophagia 4 + Animalism 3 + Vicissitude 3 (Cost: 32 Exp)
              This truly horrible power allows the user to slowly flay a human victim without killing them in the process, which ends in the ghouling of said victim. Thanks to the application of this combination discipline, the victim is forever-more skinless and grisly deformed, forced to live a continuing nightmare in which all they have left is their own, pitiful life and a maddening addiction to the domitor's blood. However, the transformation into a ghoul, by this combination discipline, does grant some unique benefits: Lethal claws, teeth and bone spurs as well as a natural armour 3 and another free dot of the Potence Discipline. The skin itself is in pristine condition and can be used for all other powers that require a human skin to be performed, such as the fourth power of the Carnophagia Discipline or The Warding Flesh Combination Discipline.

Primordial Fears: Carnophagia 5 + Presence 5 + Vicissitude 4 (Cost: 40 Exp)
              With this horrible combination discipline, the user physically and spiritually transforms into the very embodiment of mankind’s oldest fears, gaining a monstrous form, befitting of a supernatural predator which hunts and devours humans and vampires alike. This form induces sheer terror into all but the strongest of minds, and is equipped with aggravated claws and teeth, natural armour of 3 and a + 3 dots increase in all physical attributes. Finally, all spilt blood in the vicinity of the user, using The Purest of Fears Combination Discipline, will start to crawl or trickle towards the vampire, as if he was the center of a gravitational well. All blood thus absorbed by the vampire in his monstrous form will automatically replenish his blood pool.

Predatory Pets: Carnophagia 3 + Presence 2 + Animalism 3 (Cost: 24 Exp)
              With this power the user are capable of ghouling and breeding naturally occurring vermin or predatory animals into gigantic, feral versions of their usual forms. These beasts are fiercely loyal and have a telepathic link with their domitor vampire. They also have lethal inflicting natural weapons and the normal bonuses of being ghouls in addition to the benefits of this power. The increased size confers a + 4 Physical Attributes, distributed as the Storyteller sees fit, and a natural lethal soak. The beasts created with this power can’t survive without their regular upkeep of the domitor's Vitae and will start to starve to death without Vitae in their system at the point where a ghoul stops being a ghoul and reverts back to a mortal creature.

That's it for today! Hope you have some use of this material, more to come in the future as I keep writing over my old material into my laptop when I have time.

Thank you very much, although, to be honest, I'm more interested in powers for already existing disciplines as I feel there is already a good number of disciplines in Vampire, I just wanted ideas for advanced and/or combinations of disciplines for my players, e.g. new homebrew powers for Necromancy Rituals (especially because there aren't many published and no high level ones as the ones that exist for Thaumaturgy and my Necromancer PCs usually complain about the fact that there are basically no rituals for level 6+ Necromancy, despite the fact that Necromancy/Mortis is older than Thaumaturgy, etc) or Fortitude, etc. But in any case, thank you very much sir!

Comment

Working...
              X