The fear of thin-bloods is legit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fear of thin-bloods is legit

Thin-bloods have reason to envy and hate full-blooded vampires. Moreover, they are human enough that many can attack during the day. They are therefore, effectively, a masquerade breech: mostly human creatures who can attack during the day and know vampire secrets.

Every one of them should, at a minimum, be blood-bound to a full-blooded vampire. Any that display the slightest resistance to blood-bonding should be exterminated.

Originally posted by CajunKhan View Post
    Every one of them should, at a minimum, be blood-bound to a full-blooded vampire. Any that display the slightest resistance to blood-bonding should be exterminated.
    This is the reason they have to hate full-blooded vampires.

Comment

It's a vicious circle! Almost as if vampirism were some kind of curse.

Comment

I can see most vampires seeing this very easily. Especially Camarilla ones, and Noddists (if they aren't fond of Gehenna that is).

And the worst of it, is that Thinbloods are really off-rules, breaking way too many absolutes from vampirism. Those rule-bending natures can make any game-player in the vampire politics worried.

Strange... When coincidence seems too convenient, I prefer to call it fate.

-Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain d=

Comment

Originally posted by Banu_Saulot View Post
          I can see most vampires seeing this very easily. Especially Camarilla ones, and Noddists (if they aren't fond of Gehenna that is).

And the worst of it, is that Thinbloods are really off-rules, breaking way too many absolutes from vampirism. Those rule-bending natures can make any game-player in the vampire politics worried.

Yes, yes, the obsession with controlling all possible factors and unpredictables, no matter how untenable such a prospect might turn into, not to mention sowing the seeds of antagonism, rebellion & resistance in the first place, in the long run.

Comment

Tzimisce Me: I agree. The undesirables should only exist for my pleasu...oh Caine I'm becoming my sire.

Gangel Me: Won't that just make more thin-bloods attack more often? You know, creating an infinite cycle of pain.

Hecata Me: I agree 100%. Turns around to the thin-bloods Here's a gun, and the address of the prince. Go nuts. This investment better pay off...Plans to bind the ones that become wraiths

Comment

Some vampires truly believe their condition is a "curse" but most probably see it more as a blessing that gives them all sorts of advantages. Thinbloods have weaker powers, so the expectation (whether stated or not) from many vampires is that Thinbloods want to increase their Generation. They're envious and they want to get the full set of vampiric powers. They're going to try and diablarize their way into being a full Kindred. It's a matter of when, not if. Many vampires are going to assume the worst (which isn't necessarily a bad idea when dealing with other monsters).

Comment

A scourge was almost always part of my cam chronicles for exactly that reason (+gehenna is here, the end is nigh, let us fight the symptoms). You also can get great antagonists that way.

This is me, just forgot my PW and changed my email
                http://forum.theonyxpath.com/member/8249-crytash

Comment

Originally posted by Crytash2 View Post
                  A scourge was almost always part of my cam chronicles for exactly that reason (+gehenna is here, the end is nigh, let us fight the symptoms). You also can get great antagonists that way.
                  I think that gets to the heart of how and why Scourges are useful characters. I don't know that it's ever stated so plainly in text, but they're the muscle of some of the most profoundly paranoid, insecure, and ruthless creatures walking on two legs.

Comment

i'm currently running a game where all the players are thin blooded (other than a single caitiff) and there hasn't been any moment of envy but, rather, a sense of liberation from the shackles of vampire society and none of them have any desire to diablerise their way up generations.

they/them.

Comment

Moreover, they are human enough that many can attack during the day. They are therefore, effectively, a masquerade breech: mostly human creatures who can attack during the day and know vampire secrets.
                      How is this fundamentally different from ghouls?

Comment

Originally posted by Baaldam View Post
                        Yes, yes, the obsession with controlling all possible factors and unpredictables, no matter how untenable such a prospect might turn into, not to mention sowing the seeds of antagonism, rebellion & resistance in the first place, in the long run.
                        Sounds like our current world political and business practices.

*Sigh* The most corrupt and out of touch vampires being in power do to having unfair advantages despite lack of qualifications was probably the intended metaphor even in the 90's. I definitely didn't really get that until later in life.

Comment

Originally posted by littlewitchmaus View Post
                          i'm currently running a game where all the players are thin blooded (other than a single caitiff) and there hasn't been any moment of envy but, rather, a sense of liberation from the shackles of vampire society and none of them have any desire to diablerise their way up generations.
                          That sounds like an awesome campaign.

Comment

Thin-bloods have reason to envy and hate full-blooded vampires. Moreover, they are human enough that many can attack during the day. They are therefore, effectively, a masquerade breech: mostly human creatures who can attack during the day and know vampire secrets.

Not to mention they are seen as signs of Gehenna and you know how paranoid elders and ancients are.

What in the name of Set is going on here?

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

That sounds like an awesome campaign.
                              it has been, so far!

they/them.

Comment

Working...
                              X