What Clan are you?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MyWifeIsScary View Post
    I don't know about that; if my head canon is correct, and feeding strategy is closely linked with what disciplines you use, as is suggested by strong correlations with clan hunting preferences and in-clan disciplines, the Nosferatu are as bad as any other clan. There is no "nice" clan, but I'd imagine some disciplines like Potence lead to worse tendencies than others. In any case, hunting humans every night doesn't lend itself to a "normal" personality.

Well, normal as far as a vampire might be anyway, I remember as back as revised that nos were, on average, far less likely to be assholes although a low humanity nosferatu (and there are quite a few png examples) could be even worse than the most psychotic toreador antitribu.

Comment

Originally posted by CTPhipps View Post
      The Nosferatu ARE the most normal clan in terms of personality.

Their clan culture consists of, "Don't hurt anyone who doesn't hurt you or yours and keep your head down."
      I'm not convinced that this is necessarily the most normal personality. Not just because they're vampires, but because people are very diverse.

A lot of things in the test I couldn't conceive myself doing I also heard true stories of actual people doing that kind of shit. I answered with my own normal behavior as best as I could and I got Malkavian the first time (and confirmed what SetiteFriend said the second, when I mixed a bit in the places where I was torn between two answers, got Salubri).

People are diverse, and while almost no one would behave exactly like a fictional character on most circumstances, much less like the stereotypical member of a clan, if you break them down into more general traits, that's nothing far-fetched.

But what really bugs me is how the test was constructed to weigh personal traits vs fictional traits. Several questions are about who will Embrace you instead of about yourself, and those are exercises of fiction and preference instead of personal ability or personality. How those questions factor in the result is a very important thing to consider the result.

My wife got Brujah, by the way, just telling the truth, and it doesn't exactly surprises me.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
      #AutismPride
      She/her pronouns

Comment

Hmm, somehow I ended up as Hecata

Comment

Originally posted by Newb95 View Post
          I don't mind it, I like to play as a nos, although I wish they fully ditched the deformed part and went with something more akin to requiem, I enjoy my nos to look like an average dude whose shadow seems to move on its own and who seems to always stare at you while you don't look.
          Biased opinion, here, but the best solution I can offer for that is to play Requiem.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Enoch View Post

Biased opinion, here, but the best solution I can offer for that is to play Requiem.

Thank you, I would have never thought of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Newb95 View Post
              I don't mind it, I like to play as a nos, although I wish they fully ditched the deformed part and went with something more akin to requiem, I enjoy my nos to look like an average dude whose shadow seems to move on its own and who seems to always stare at you while you don't look.
              While Onyx Path is very much about the Nosferatu being the alien horrors they usually are, they have definitely dialed back how deformed they are.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
              the Contact Us link.

Comment

While Onyx Path is very much about the Nosferatu being the alien horrors they usually are, they have definitely dialed back how deformed they are.

Well at least they are not walking masquerade violations anymore, it was a pain in the ass withou mask of a thousand faces in older editions.

Comment

But how much of modern Vampire The Masqerade is published by Onyx Path?
                  Apologies for my ignorance, but I thought the game was given to Renegade Studios.

Comment

Originally posted by Father Enoch View Post
                    But how much of modern Vampire The Masqerade is published by Onyx Path?
                    Apologies for my ignorance, but I thought the game was given to Renegade Studios.
                    I mean, the majority of books for 5th Edition are by Onyx Path.

Those Kickstarters gave them some extra:

* Chicago by night
                    * Let the Streets Run Red
                    * The Chicago Folios
                    * Cults of the Blood Gods
                    * Children of the Blood
                    * Forbidden Faiths
                    * Trails of Ash and Bone

So seven out of twelve.
                    Last edited by CTPhipps; 07-05-2022, 08:08 PM.

Author of Cthulhu Armageddon, I was a Teenage Weredeer, Straight Outta Fangton, Lucifer's Star, and the Supervillainy Saga.

Forum Terms of Use
                    the Contact Us link.

Comment

I got Toreador.

Comment

Aside from Chicago by Night, where it seems half the Art Direction given was "the fly but if it happened with a Bat", the OPP Nosferatu are quite varied. See Salt, Martin, Gabriella, Felicia, Anastasia, Belinde or Adze for OPP examples of not that monstrous Nosferatu. Some are just on the uncanny or scarred side, over "alien horrors".

Comment

Credit where credit is due, the Nos got this dial down in the Core, the rest is just following suit, so this is less OPP and more Paradox.

#NothingAboutUsWithoutUs
                          #AutismPride
                          She/her pronouns

Comment

Originally posted by Shadeprowler View Post
                            You belong with the Hecata! A motley collection of necromantic vampire bloodlines, the Hecata clan are united in the pursuit of a single subject: Death. They are students of the afterlife and resurrectionists of the dead — or worse. Selling their services to the highest bidder, or acting in their own interests, there are few who can hide from the surveillance of those who can summon and command the very spirits of the deceased.

Okaaaaay... this was unexpected

You are Salubri! Most of their kind lost to undead usurpers, the highly desirable Blood of the hunted, three-eyed Salubri is a prize to other vampires. This, and their reluctance to Embrace, makes them rare in the modern nights. They often recruit those on the edge of death, believing their curse can provide the worthy a second chance, and they count some of the most humane vampires among their ranks

Well... so much for a 2nd try
                            I always though Tzimi or settite would be my clan
                            Guess I was wrong

Comment

Originally posted by SetiteFriend View Post
                              Aside from Chicago by Night, where it seems half the Art Direction given was "the fly but if it happened with a Bat", the OPP Nosferatu are quite varied. See Salt, Martin, Gabriella, Felicia, Anastasia, Belinde or Adze for OPP examples of not that monstrous Nosferatu. Some are just on the uncanny or scarred side, over "alien horrors".

I guess, they can pass as scarred humans (except Adze, that fucking guy looks like a damn xenomorph).

Comment

Originally posted by monteparnas View Post
                                Credit where credit is due, the Nos got this dial down in the Core, the rest is just following suit, so this is less OPP and more Paradox.

Of all the questionable art, I have to say that the nos in V5 were pretty well designed.

Comment

Working...
                                X