No announcement yet.

All your homebrewed powers here please.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• All your homebrewed powers here please.

Hi.

I'm curious to what kind of Elder level powers and Combination disciplines you have developed for your characters over the years.

I for one just figured out a Dominate 3, Auspex 4 powers that allows you to see if a character is under the influence of Dominate (could work as a lvl 6 Dominate power as well).

Another power i've been tinkering with is a Auspex 2, Animalism 3 combo that allows you to "smell the Beast" in creatures with a Beast (Ghouls, Vampires and Garou). Perfect for figuring out what kind of critter a character/NPC is.

English is not my native language, so i apologize for errors in grammar or spelling.

I created a fortitude 6 power that basically duplicated the soak with your full stamina + fortitude and lower soak difficulty of skin of the adder without a visible change or the ability to slipp through narrow passages.

I also created a fortitude 6 power that allowed me to "soak" attempts to manipulate my blood with my full stamina + fortitude.

Comment

Is there one for using presence and obsfucate where you can make one part of yourself noticeable to one person while everyone else sees something else? Example: A vampire decides to annoy this hunter in a room with mortals in it by popping out their fangs which only the hunter can see, but no one else.

See my splat, Angel: The Revelation (With a MUCH better link): https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...qUnP1fcl-0/pub

Comment

I've been thinking about a power that allows the user to employ The Summoning even while staked, making it a Presence 4 + Fortitude/Protean 3-4, I'm not sure which would be more appropriate.

I feel like it would make for a cool plot-device for an NPC to escape captivity by calling on its minions from afar and turning the tables on the player characters.

Subterranea

Comment

I had a combo Celerity 2 / Obfuscate 4 power that let the user vanish and reappear behind their opponent if they successfully dodged an attack. It mostly got used against the players by a City Gangrel they repeatedly ran into during a game I ran set during the Sabbat campaign up the East Coast.

Before enlightenment: chop wood, carry water. After enlightenment: Glorious Tree-Felling Prana and All-Encompassing Liquid-Carrying Methodology.

Comment

"Summon the Beast"
            Plot device power, with Animalism 6, Auspex 6 and Presence 6 wich allows you to summon vampires from nearby to you.

Comment

Originally posted by davidiot View Post
              "Summon the Beast"
              Plot device power, with Animalism 6, Auspex 6 and Presence 6 wich allows you to summon vampires from nearby to you.
              That description makes it sound weaker than a lower level Presence power...

Comment

This is a combo power I designed (with the approval of my troupe, of course) to give my Auspex-heavy/Vicissitude-light Fiend a bit more…splatability. Although I wouldn’t recommend its use in all games, it worked well enough with my troupe’s oft-unique dynamic…

Mind Flayer
                Auspex 0000 / Vicissitude 00

Coupling the psyche-penetration of Auspex with Vicissitude-inspired knowledge of anatomy, Mind Flayer is a psychic attack that causes a cerebral hemorrhage. Used against offending mortals that cross the Fiend’s path, the effects are crippling at best – fatal at worst. Use of Mind Flayer causes the attacker’s face to flash in the mind of the assaulted, becoming instantly aware of the assailant’s appearance (not necessarily her identity) and location.

This technique can be used against other vampires, although their dead and (mostly) inert bodies suffer significantly less than the fragile frames of mortals. Attacking other vampires (and other supernatural) does carry a risk of psychic feedback.

System:

To use this power, the character must be in Line-Of-Sight with the target. She must be present and see the intended victim’s head. Use of this power breaks Obfuscate.

Against mortals, roll Intelligence + Medicine, Difficulty equal to the target’s Willpower. Each success equals one health level of Lethal damage. Mortals may not soak this damage.

A failed attack still alerts the target to the vampire’s presence. A botch indicates a psychic backlash of feedback, causing one health level of Bashing damage per “one” to the mind-flaying vampire. This may be soaked normally.

Using Mind Flayer against another vampire costs one point of Willpower and consists of a contested roll between the attacker’s [Intelligence + Medicine] and the target’s [Willpower]. Both rolls have a difficulty 6. Any leftover successes on the attacker’s part result in one level of Bashing damage per success. Vampires may soak this normally. If the target has more remaining successes than the attacker, the attacker suffers one health level of Bashing damage (soakable) per extra success.

Assaulting other supernatural creatures also requires the expenditure of a Willpower point and a contested roll.

Crossover Options: Used against Mages, the damage is Lethal (and usually unsoakable). However, if a Mage possesses Life 2 or Mind 1, she may add her Arete rating to the contested roll. Werewolves (and other shape shifters) also make a contested roll, but they may soak this damage.

This is what happens when an Abyssal Exalted ends up in H.o.L.
                (Also known as "Derpwraith" and "PretentiousFontsGuy
                ").

Comment

Originally posted by Tritium View Post

That description makes it sound weaker than a lower level Presence power...

Well, it was designed by an elder, after Gehenna, to summon as many vampires to herself as possible to "start over".
                  Thus, the PC's meet. They all felt a "tugging" in their beasts and felt compelled to follow their beast's until they reached the elder.

In my ears it sounds like a very potent power to be able to summon ANY vampire (beast), wether you know the person or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Nazfool View Post
                    This is a combo power I designed (with the approval of my troupe, of course) to give my Auspex-heavy/Vicissitude-light Fiend a bit more…splatability. Although I wouldn’t recommend its use in all games, it worked well enough with my troupe’s oft-unique dynamic…

Mind Flayer
                    Auspex 0000 / Vicissitude 00
                    See, here I thought the power would allow you to sculpt a brain-worm that would root inside the head of a human, and flesh-craft it into a psychic, horror-ghoul, with tentacles. I mean, yours is a cool power, but not my first thought. :P

My Homebrew
                    Star Wars d10
                    The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
                    Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

sculpt a brain-worm that would root inside the head of a human
                      Copying from Dio Brando?

“I am absolute, I am perfect, I am supreme. I shall be eternal. My tragedy, is that there is no other fate for me. My powerlessness was that I couldn’t subjugate my journey to the gods, while dreaming of rebirth at the end of distant time, like other pharaohs.” Ramesses II, Fate/Prototype: Argent Fragments.

Comment

Originally posted by Katsura View Post

Copying from Dio Brando?

I was thinking more about the (trademarked) Mind Flayer of DnD fame. :P

My Homebrew
                        Star Wars d10
                        The Fallen for Demon: the Descent
                        Requiem for a Masquerade: VtR 2e Cainite Conversion (Vampira Roma)

Comment

I've created 2 powers so far.

One is a Vicissitude 6 Effect: Shapeshift, which lets a Tzimisce use Vicissitude 1 & 2 on themselves as a standard action. Basically to allow for some Mystique-esque shapeshifters in the Clan. just to ratchet up the paranoia factor.

The other is a Dominate 8 Effect "Conditional Memory" that partitions off a subject's consciousness and memories. The typical use of it is "you can only remember this in the presence of me" or "you'll remember this information when someone says this phrase."

Comment

Originally posted by Barachiel View Post
                            One is a Vicissitude 6 Effect: Shapeshift, which lets a Tzimisce use Vicissitude 1 & 2 on themselves as a standard action. Basically to allow for some Mystique-esque shapeshifters in the Clan. just to ratchet up the paranoia factor.
                            You might want to check CB:Tzimisce for the merit "Promethean Clay" or somesuch. I think they had you covered all along.

Subterranea

Comment

yeah sub is right about the merit although this power would substitute that if you don't have the points to spend, or if the merit is supposed to be rare in your games, I do like that dom 8 power, but I think it would be just fine as a Dom 7 power. Any reason you made it an 8?

Comment

Working...
                              X